Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96

Author Topic: Strangest Shit Ever  (Read 131205 times)

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest Shit Ever
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »

No, I write for fun and profit. Words come easily to me, and a history in debating doesn't hurt.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »

I can relate to that. Most people say that I write excellently, but that I'm too lazy to use it to my advantage.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 20, 2011, 02:53:52 pm »

I've published a few articles for a few journals and a magazine here and there. Nothing too special. My pride and joy is my novel, which I'm hoping to finish and get published one of these days. If you want to look at my fiction, In the Community Games & Stories, theres a story called CryptIron. It's not my best but some people seemed to enjoy the first chapter I rushed at a Sydney train station, so I keep writing in my breaks to entertain and think.
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:44 pm »

My cat died a couple of days ago...

I had to bury him. Given how ridiculously obese he was, this was no small feat.

He was also completely stiff and hard to manoeuvre into a hole in the ground. And he smelled by the time I got him in there.
[Signature]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 20, 2011, 03:34:40 pm »

My family has always done prompt burial of cats, wrapped in a towel, such that they were never stiff or smelly.  As for the hole, well, you gotta do what you gotta do.  At least it wasn't like my grandad's giant black lab.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 20, 2011, 03:51:24 pm »

We've only had to memorialize one cat. We didn't find it for a long time, it had decided to crawl under a blackberry bush on the edge of the property and die painlessly in it's sleep. So we erected a rock spike nearby to mark it's place of death.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 20, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »

I've had two cats die: one when I was three or so, and one about four years ago. The first was put down at a vet, and I don't remember much about him other than that he was fluffy and adorable and old. The other one was always an awesome cat, but her daredevil streak caught up to her and she ended up dead in the street. We buried her under a masterfully engraved stone memorial slab, and she lays under the earth to this day. Probably.

On a lighter note, I found this and almost nerdgasmed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4u5L4um0c&
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 21, 2011, 07:12:10 am »

I had an FB get into my tunnels and start heading after my dwarves (my militia were on the way, but nowhere near it).  It ran right into a regular miner who casually cut it's head off with one swing before heading back on his way to do some digging.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2011, 08:28:58 am »

Miners are generally amazing like that.  They tend to run around screaming madly at the sight of a goblin, then turn and hack an arm off, and continue running, never stopping the screaming.  What was the FB made of?  Snow is lol-worthy, steel is more impressive.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 21, 2011, 09:05:36 am »

Miners are generally amazing like that.  They tend to run around screaming madly at the sight of a goblin, then turn and hack an arm off, and continue running, never stopping the screaming.  What was the FB made of?  Snow is lol-worthy, steel is more impressive.

Cant remember.  Something nasty, i think.  Pretty sure it had a poison sting

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 21, 2011, 09:08:31 am »

I've got a humanoid salt monster down there right now, it sucks warm blood. It's apparently humanoid enough to be represented by an H... a H? I've always had trouble with H, grammatically speaking.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 21, 2011, 01:41:04 pm »

A H, if it's not a vowel AN does not apply.

.   .
    |--|
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 21, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »

Back on topic, I was thinking about Buffalo Soldier today, right, when One Love comes on the radio.  Naturally, I start thinking about large amounts of cash.

The fire alarms go off, the Starbucks I'm in and the surrounding buildings are evacuated, a few minutes later the firetrucks arrive, and I get the hell out of there.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:05 pm »

A H, if it's not a vowel AN does not apply.

.   .
    |--|
No, I think he had it right. When you say H you don't say "H" you say the word aitch which starts with a vowel.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 21, 2011, 10:04:51 pm »

Oh man, my perfect girl has the ability to deliver a line funny enough to reduce me to incoherence!  Is this feeling in my heart the one you call love?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 96