Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 844697 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #3855 on: May 11, 2017, 04:58:03 am »

I think the proper response for an 8-int (human normal, under most rule sets?)
A commoner in 5e has ten (+0) on all stats, as I recall.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: May 11, 2017, 05:24:31 am »

So he's a little on the slow side then-- More likely to decide that dumb riddles from dumb monsters need a spike club up their butt, if you ask me. :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: May 11, 2017, 12:37:30 pm »

A commoner in 5e has ten (+0) on all stats, as I recall.
8 is the basic score you get for not putting any points on in the point buy system, probably what he was getting at
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 13, 2017, 10:25:41 pm »

I am now a Graveknight. Time to fuck self-righteous rebels up. I didn't get to keep the sacrificial dagger though.

Also, the Fighter's a Dragon now. He's a bit stronger than I am, but I've got a better to-hit.

The twist of the Contract Devil's contract was that I didn't get to choose my elemental affinity. Not a big deal. I ended up with Acid affinity, which is alright. Not commonly resisted. The Fighter's twist was that he gained vulnerability to the opposing element of his chosen dragon. He asked for another contract to get out of having a vulnerability, and the DM said nope.

I also tried a fast-dismount from my horse. I only need a 5 or better to do so. I rolled a 4 and fell off my horse.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:51:31 pm by BlackFlyme »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: May 14, 2017, 04:22:24 am »

Getting the pacing of play by post is proving difficult to me. I hope nothing goes wrong because of the way I am handling things, but you never know when your just learning.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: May 14, 2017, 11:47:00 am »

Getting the pacing of play by post is proving difficult to me. I hope nothing goes wrong because of the way I am handling things, but you never know when your just learning.
I think you're doing fine.
PBP naturally feels wonky at first, particularly since this is an international forum where not everyone is awake at the same time.
You good.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 14, 2017, 02:13:53 pm »

Ran my first session of Eclipse Phase yesterday, had to stop early because one of the players was out of town and had a bad internet connection, hoping to continue later today.

Their goal was to infiltrate a ship and steal a supposed TITAN artifact. I put up a bunch of mercs and drones to discourage a frontal assault. So they try it anyway, and succeed because one of them had 80 in interfacing, rolled 0 (which is excellent), and hacked everything. They were about to go into the ship itself when we were forced to stop.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 14, 2017, 11:45:25 pm »

I sucked punched a party member who was in my last game with him fighting a guy in that previous game. He thought that the reason he showed up was because the timeline was messed up and he will stop a lot of people getting killed if he ends this guy's life. Instead, the party kills him and his body is enveloped by black flames as he is taken to the abyss and makes a deal with a demon prince to live, in exchange of collecting as many souls as he thinks is enough for his own soul.

Since the guy is a psychopath, he beleives his soul is worth more than anything, so he murders people, captures their souls, and gives the demon dozens of souls at a time. They also gave him his signature "mask", which is literally his actual skull. Later on, he would be able to have his flesh go over his exposed skull to make his face appear as someone else, but his voice would always have the faint hollow sound, as if you were standing not close to but near a pipeline or tunnel.

So essentially, the party member began returning things into what it would actually do. And he knew this after the black flames started to erupt from his body.

The best part is the former party member told everyone he was part demon and kept using stuff to hurt fiends but he never turns fiend or undead.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: May 14, 2017, 11:55:32 pm »

Ran my first session of Eclipse Phase yesterday, had to stop early because one of the players was out of town and had a bad internet connection, hoping to continue later today.

Their goal was to infiltrate a ship and steal a supposed TITAN artifact. I put up a bunch of mercs and drones to discourage a frontal assault. So they try it anyway, and succeed because one of them had 80 in interfacing, rolled 0 (which is excellent), and hacked everything. They were about to go into the ship itself when we were forced to stop.

I adore Eclipse Phase. I'm currently running a game on saturday in meat space. It sounds like you were doing 'Dont Mind the WMD'.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:00 am »

Week before last our group of neutral-at-best adventurers kind of... snapped. Two of the most morally dubious characters were very close to level 8 and jokes about killing the villagers we're going round while we were planning our next move in the tavern.

Then the sorcerer casually stood up with a drawn longbow and pinned the barkeep to the wall with an arrow. There were basically no survivors, and then the carnage moved out of town and killed the archmage we were talking to like half an hour earlier about the imminent extrapoanar invasion

Sigh
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:00 am »

So whilst one of the players is away, another of my players is going to run a Stars Without Numbers game, which is essentially a pulp fiction space RPG. I've decided to go with a backworld character, and the following is my concept:

Name: Ilmenster the Mage, Sage of Shadows, The Great Overspacorceror, Doombringer of Mysteries, Old Stinkbeard, Put That Pipe Out That Tank's Filled With Pure Oxygen
Race: Human
Class: Psychic Space Wizard

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 15, 2017, 06:09:46 am »

Make sure to take Teleportation as a discipline, it's a lot of fun. Telepathy's also really good early on. Or if you get access to some additional materials, Judication is pretty funny.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »

Man I'd join one of the gods of creation games in the play by post section

But goodness do they seem like they are just filled with backstabbing SOBs :P

Is it as bad as it looks? I think it is only because I stepped in at a time when a lot of crazy stuff is happening.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:48:46 am by Neonivek »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:23 am »

I adore Eclipse Phase. I'm currently running a game on saturday in meat space. It sounds like you were doing 'Dont Mind the WMD'.
Bit of a late reply, but eh. Didn't manage to continue it on sunday, so it'll happen today. The catch to the whole WMD thing is that there are two red herrings and they're not the only ones after it. Not that they know that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necrothurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:13 am »

10.5 is the average for 3d6.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 623