Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212016 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Night 2
« Reply #1200 on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:50 pm »

Caz (because I realize my post is full of bold): Can you fullclaim? Why give me ye book?

You asked for it, iirc. Though at some point I regretted that since I thought you're a mage with world-sploding powers. I'm a joker with a town-aligned win-con, i.e. "if town wins, so doth you must". Kinda more boring than I expected, but wutevs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:54 pm »

Okay.  IIRC, it is TDS who is the one who can learn the spell to turn MOWE back into a sandwich, which is the only way they win.  I don't want to remove that possibility from them.  And I started with an item, I already claimed it.
Oh! So that's what you're talking about
...You did say he said 'might', right? As in, ohheythisisapossibility.
>_>
PS: He's lying. The book does NOT state such acts. It gives a generality that if Evil wizards get a hold of it (yes, Evil) then it means bad things. Literally, bad things.
So if we lynch TDS and he's NOT a Summoner, then I'm giving it to Leafsnail due to generality. Sound good?
I believe Reactionary-Toaster (ahaha nice joke, me preventing you and MOWE from winning? AHAHAAHAHAAAHAAA) can confirm what I'm saying? [Was it him that had the book?]
Unless he'd like to impute on this matter.

PPE: VOTE TDS
Tiruin:  Why do you want me and MOWE to lose?

Leafsnail, to avoid a TDS lynch.

Why? He also claimed evil.
So...about you, your claim, and yourself...

Caz (because I realize my post is full of bold): Can you fullclaim? Why give me ye book?

You asked for it, iirc. Though at some point I regretted that since I thought you're a mage with world-sploding powers. I'm a joker with a town-aligned win-con, i.e. "if town wins, so doth you must". Kinda more boring than I expected, but wutevs.
...uh huh. No, I'm a guy who wants a beard to 'look cool' (I mean how lame is that concept. While I do like the aesthetics of beards, its just...ugh. Brings back stupid memories of how I saw people in HS...which is true, sadly.)
Right, that reminds me, it states that the wielder can choose to read the book

Edit: Wait, YOU had the book? Then you can confirm what I'm saying!
Also, did you have a starting item? What is your hinted wincon? Was that wincon hinted?
Do you like me?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 09, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »

Edit: Wait, YOU had the book? Then you can confirm what I'm saying!
Also, did you have a starting item? What is your hinted wincon? Was that wincon hinted?
Do you like me?

Yeah, I had it, and used it. The "super dark and awesome magic ability" that it gave me was one I already had - the ability to hold two items at once (super wow). I think the item I started with was the portable black hole, which I have again (completely useless btw, tried to use it before, and nothing)

My wincon as is stated - I win when town wins. Nothing interesting there.

And yeah, I like ya. If you mean in gameplay-wise, there's nothing stated in the flavour.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:06 pm »

...Tiruin doth read this yonder book! And hopes she didn't Old English wrong.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:53 pm »

Tiruin:  For someone who gets on to me and accuses me of not reading posts, you seem to be missing some really basic stuff.

My wincon:

My wincon is to use the Sandwich or Grilled Sandwich item.  If someone sends it to me, I'll happily use it and leave the game.   I suspect MOWE is involved somehow, but I

TDS later says:

As for the sandwich thing: If I get that book, I might learn the spell "turn to sandwich" that I can then use on MOWE. This would at least let MOWE and possibly Toaster win (yeah, funny, "Toaster" getting a sandwich).

Then everyone starts voting him.

Looking back, this does seem rather less certain than I remember it, so let's clarify:

TheDarkStar:  What do you mean, MIGHT learn the spell?

Tiruin again:
Toaster: In this post, do you prove that there is such an item as a Grilled Sandwich? You explicitly leave the game?
That was never told to me when I got my hint of 'getting a full beard is important'. Why in your massclaim post did you state the Mirror was a useless item?

Do I prove it?  No.  But that's what Nerjin told me my wincon was, and he said he'd answer truthfully, so it must either exist or be creatable.  Perhaps if 4maskwolf tries to burn the Sandwich, it'll just be grilled?

I meant it was useless to me at the time, because I didn't have a valid action to take.

Caz:
Tiruin:  Why do you want me and MOWE to lose?

Leafsnail, to avoid a TDS lynch.

Why? He also claimed evil.

Pay attention.

Skimmed a bit because I'm low on time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:43 am »

Erm, Toaster: That's the exact thing I was referencing. I did not miss that basic stuff...

Do I prove it?  No.  But that's what Nerjin told me my wincon was, and he said he'd answer truthfully, so it must either exist or be creatable.  Perhaps if 4maskwolf tries to burn the Sandwich, it'll just be grilled?

I meant it was useless to me at the time, because I didn't have a valid action to take.
Thank you. :)

I hath read the book of secrets that Caz has bestowed onto me.
AND LO, I HAVE A BEARD!

This is the strangest game, however. Remember that time I said my ability was 'leveled'? Yeah, it's a Level 2 ability now.
And I..
I feel like I can have a better beard. I only wish to have more "experience" (given my context, I believe that pertains to..yeah I'm the Nerd. Woohoo.)
It boosts the ability, to speak its utility.

Meaning: Anyone else have a book?

Caz: I implore you detail your own account on this matter. Did you start with this book? What, in your own words, can you say about it and its effect onto you?

Toaster: Can you detail your point better, please? As in, what basic stuff am I missing?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 10, 2014, 01:53:21 am »

Oh, and on that note: I default to the notion of standing against the Meteor Summoners.
PS: I got a hint that..that the meteor is much like Sozin's Comet (c'mon, someone get the reference before clicking the offsite link...). Meaning Mage+ role origin boost(?)
I got my power boosted (as a silly flavor aside) though thanks Nerjin for that.

Also my beard is brown.
AHAHA I HAVE A BEARD!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 10, 2014, 01:55:06 am »

@Caz

I'm a joker with a town-aligned win-con, i.e. "if town wins, so doth you must". Kinda more boring than I expected, but wutevs.
...Why didn't you speak up when we were lynching NQT?
Also, do you have any note of [~Magic~] in your role?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:34 am »

I did not start with an item.

Tiruin: You're missing the point that TDS has claimed to be able to help me fill my wincon.  Without any counterclaiming, I am forced to believe him.  Therefore, he's required for me to win.  If he's lynched, MOWE and I lose.

Do you still think this is a town vs scum game?

I wonder if you ever read my multiple instances of GET THE EVIL PEOPLE LYNCHED TO TEST THE THEORY THAT ALL EVIL = METEOR SUMMONER.

I don't think anyone ever said that.  D2 I thought it could be possible that one of the two groupings (evil/meteor summoner) might be the scum team, and that lynching a member of both would probably give an indication in flavor.

As far as magical abilities, it's probably relevant to certain abilities (like my magical-ability immunity.)

I also realize I forgot to answer this:  I don't explicitly know if I leave the game if I win, but that's standard rules.  I'll clarify.

Nerjin:  If a third-party player fills their wincon, do they leave the game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:32 am »

Tiruin: You're missing the point that TDS has claimed to be able to help me fill my wincon.  Without any counterclaiming, I am forced to believe him.  Therefore, he's required for me to win.  If he's lynched, MOWE and I lose.

...He said 'might'. Next: The book says 'Evil', explicitly. So we have a fall-back option in the name of RangerCado/Leafsnail. Granted, both are summoners. So blugh.

Next: How are you so sure that it requires TDS, explicitly, to 'fulfill' that wincon?
I got mein beard and I didn't win. I got the only thing that would've clue'd me to WINNING, and I'm still here.

So YEAH I believe this is a town vs scum game! Given your wording of 'still think this' with the "still" emphasized, what do--and did--you think about it? Because I'm done flailing under this mystique team Evil keeps on pushing.
Besides, whatever happens post-meteor or whatever, MOWE wants to be eaten. You've agreed and she's agreed that she wants to be eaten, so just let someone cast fireball on her sometime then eat her.
Or dispell illusion. Or whatever thing that an item can do that targets her. Or probably get someone with a FIRE related ability (not 4mask? He seems to burn stuff rather than cook stuff.) to get these...
experience tomes? Looks like it.
Because by my inference, it 'boosts' whatever ability you have instead of giving stuff you think is related to you or your flavor or your power.

I wonder if you ever read my multiple instances of GET THE EVIL PEOPLE LYNCHED TO TEST THE THEORY THAT ALL EVIL = METEOR SUMMONER.

I don't think anyone ever said that.  D2 I thought it could be possible that one of the two groupings (evil/meteor summoner) might be the scum team, and that lynching a member of both would probably give an indication in flavor.

As far as magical abilities, it's probably relevant to certain abilities (like my magical-ability immunity.)

I also realize I forgot to answer this:  I don't explicitly know if I leave the game if I win, but that's standard rules.  I'll clarify.
I have been saying this! It seems to follow that you haven't been reading up yourself in the later stages of D1 or you'd quite not miss that fact. That fact from me. That fact from the person with nothing as a clue on her wincon so she had to default to the best principle to follow instead. Something never challenged directly but always diverted with a 'HOW ARE YOU SO SURE EVIL IS SCUM' idea. One never directly answered.

So you KNOW you're third-party? (Figures, that's how you've been behaving, IMO.)
Interesting...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:26 am »

Nerjin:  If a third-party player fills their wincon, do they leave the game?

Certain players will leave the game when they fulfill certain wincons.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:14:30 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 10, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

Vote/Timecount + probable story, Nerjin? (You write well so...)

*re-reads post*
*flails*
So I guess I need a wickedly awesome beard and skilled in magic then, thank you adjectives. Or stripped of powers.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 10, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

The classroom was near silent as they watched in awe of the magnificent tricks Dr. Nerjin was pulling off with his revolver. It was quite impressive. So impressive that Tiruin sprouted a pretty decent beard just from the sheer manliness. Which doesn’t seem entirely healthy but…

Regardless it would appear that the end of the world was finally starting to take its toll on the students. Several of them had been quiet for days. Like literal real life days. It was sorta annoying. Sure they didn’t sign up to be hit with a meteor, have their teacher bail on them, survive attempted poisonings, and then be totally confused but it was the principle of the matter.

Speaking of:

“Dr. Nerjin,” Came Mr. Nerjin’s voice on the intercom “Could you please come to the office for a few moments?”

“No. I think I’ll stay here. They’re about to choose a wine.”

“You are aware that this is an intercom right? I can’t hear you.”

“Then how did you know what I said?”

“…”

DAY 3 START

Vote Count

(Extend Used) (Time since last post) Name – Voted by [# of Voted – Lynch Target/Tie]
------------------------
(16h) 4maskwolf -
(15h) Caz -
(??d) TheWetSheep -
(??d)HissihnWalnuts -
(Ext.) (16d 11h)Leafsnail – MyOwnWorstEnemy, Toaster, [2 – Tie for lynch target]
(18d 18h) makeinu -
(16h) mastahcheese -
(24h) MyOwnWorstEnemy -
(Ext.) (21d 13h) RangerCado -
(20h) TheDarkStar – Caz, Tiruin, [2 – Tie for Lynch target]
(Ext.) (1h) Tiruin –
(4h) Toaster -

Not Voting – 4mask, TheWetSheep, Walnuts, Leafsnail, Makeinu, Mastahcheese, Cado,

Prods are being sent to every player who has a day or ?? in their time since last post.

Day 3 will end on March 11th, 2014 at 5PM [[Hopefully...]] [[29 Hours roughly]]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:25 pm »

Tiruin:

...He said 'might'. Next: The book says 'Evil', explicitly. So we have a fall-back option in the name of RangerCado/Leafsnail. Granted, both are summoners. So blugh.

Next: How are you so sure that it requires TDS, explicitly, to 'fulfill' that wincon?
I got mein beard and I didn't win. I got the only thing that would've clue'd me to WINNING, and I'm still here.

Because he's the only person who has said anything sandwich related (besides MOWE, whose implications are obvious) and no one has counterclaimed him.  Should counterclaiming happen, then things change.

So YEAH I believe this is a town vs scum game! Given your wording of 'still think this' with the "still" emphasized, what do--and did--you think about it? Because I'm done flailing under this mystique team Evil keeps on pushing.

D1 I was confused.  D2 I did think it was standard.  Now I don't.

So you KNOW you're third-party? (Figures, that's how you've been behaving, IMO.)

I did once I asked my question and saw my wincon.  Prior to that, I assumed I was "town" or whatever passed for it.  Now I'm not so sure a town exists.  If it does, things are probably closer to the latest Toon Mafia with a boatload of third parties.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:00 pm »

RangerCado has requested replacement

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 112