Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1188353 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 246 The most popular tentacles
« Reply #7230 on: May 15, 2017, 11:46:34 am »

((Sure. At least until Doktor gets the grenades affinity.))

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well then. That's a thing."

Dig out the adamantine, then! Meanwhile, Doktor Diabolical attempts to take control of the grenade from a distance(-1), then makes 2 essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: May 15, 2017, 03:06:34 pm »

F3 increases sound volume. F4 closes current window. I am quite mad right now, update might get delayed.

EDIT:Nevermind, looked at wrong tab, glorious Firefox saved progress.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:08:26 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: May 15, 2017, 03:26:09 pm »

((Hurray for firefox!))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: May 15, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »

((Praise be firefox))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: May 15, 2017, 06:39:43 pm »

Turn 247

Three essences.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magus continues hoarding power.

Dig up the nearest grave after examining its marker. Essence roulette.

Redrum looked at the engraving on the closest tombstone. It was unreadable, but really long, meaning that whoever was buried here was either famous or rich. Half a minute of hearty shoveling later, Redrum found a piece of a sword and decided that the chances were on the famous and with the fame related to sword skill. The sword piece was fortunately connected to the rest of the sword and the hilt was gripped by bony fingers. The corpse was all here, sans the fleshy bits. This called for a celebration and Redrum celebrated by gathering some power. Then he fell and clutched his heart as the power tried to collect him. Necromancy involved deadly energies, and although this much was nothing new or dangerous to Redrum, it was still very unpleasant.

Oh crap!

Attempt to dispell that gravitizing aura! If that fails, dodge, and leave the magic device behind, since it's being used as the point of gravitation for my messed-up spell.

Chorkinaan swiftly disrupted the gravity modifying spell and jumped away from the falling mushroom. It was very close, his hands hit and tore through soft fungiflesh that made up the mushroom. This sent Chorkinaan stumbling, but he remained otherwise unharmed. His device also remained undamaged, which meant that this all went almost perfectly.

See if I can explore the tile to the west.

Cuberac turned westwards and almost immediately the wind became sharper and colder. It was not quite cold enough to render his heating cube useless, but there was a noticeable difference. It also became harder to see and going against the wind slowed Cuberac down considerably. But he felt he was moving forward, even if at a sluggish pace. Hills of snow stood before him, and snow being blown off them limited what he could see to about a length of outstretched hand.

Onward to the Ruby Tower. 3 Essences
Likewise, onward. Three essences.

Skeliborn and Gambler reached the eldritch fields and paused close to a tower decorated by ruby. No particular plan had appeared, so it was now just a question of wether they'd try to sneak through or to force their way through.

Minor spirits, such as this monkey, were easy to distract or scare off, but only if mage acted swiftly and decisively, gaining initiative. And as Ao held no desire to let his body be a plaything of fickle spirit, he acted like that.

Scare the spirit off, return to my body and check if any other spirit parasites tried to infest it. If spirit tries to snatch the body against its better judgement - fight it for control, reign in and imprison inside of body before deciding on its fate.

It only took running towards the body (and the monkey) with a serious face to scare away the would-be thief. Monkeys were more tricksters than actively malicious anyways. Still, if felt good to be back in the body that belonged to him, and a simple inspection determined that the body was truly his, without any sneakier spirits. If not for sword still remaining a mystery, Ao could had considered this a success.

grab the circle, have the shovel help the birds with removing mud, with the treasure bird checking the mud being removed for anything interesting

In the infinity of the universe, any event, no matter how improbable and bizarre, is happening. Still, finding a silver cage trap in the mud was a surprise for Seva, or more precisely, to his treasure bird. The cage was seemingly built for smaller and more vigorous prey as it packed the treasure bird pretty tightly and the lock was as strong as the rest of the cage.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well then. That's a thing."

Dig out the adamantine, then! Meanwhile, Doktor Diabolical attempts to take control of the grenade from a distance(-1), then makes 2 essences.

With some cunning arguments of shape and serial numbers Doctor was able to convince the summoned explosive that it was an unarmed grenade rather than an armed mine. Meanwhile, the miner bot had cracked off a sheet of teal and white ore and it was sent into the factory.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 247 Looting gem and bone
« Reply #7235 on: May 15, 2017, 06:40:40 pm »

PM's will come tomorrow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:53 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Alright, let's see what we can do with all this..."

Doktor Diabolical orders the factory to create a laser array robot, that is, a large spider robot that bombards foes with powerful lasers. He helps along the construction using 2 +1/+1 essences, then makes 2 essences to replace them. Meanwhile, miner keeps mining, prospector keeps prospecting, hauler keeps hauling.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:50 am »

Obtain the sword and examine it more closely. Then proceed to summon the warrior's soul into the spirit lantern, homing in on its connection with the blade and its skeletal remains to locate it. Meanwhile, have the hydra dig up another grave.

+2 essences   

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:25 pm »

Continue onward and form 2 essences.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:19 pm »

Walk into the ruby tower, explaining that I am part of the dungeon maintenance crew. Should this fail, resort to wind blade on skeleton violence.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: May 17, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »

Accompany him, attempting to look presentable while maintaining a safe way out and keeping him in front. When If it fails, stay back, switch the stiletto to a mace and have at them at range.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: May 17, 2017, 09:35:30 pm »

try to make the trap into the shape of a bird, so that the treasure bird can wear it instead of being trapped by it
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: May 18, 2017, 07:52:47 am »

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: May 18, 2017, 11:08:24 am »

Reposition factory device, retry gravity aura, intending just to affect the flowing poison. 2 +1 cmp essences (or equivalent non-chaotic essences)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: May 18, 2017, 05:26:58 pm »

Four essences, then finish walking around the Tower. If nothing happens, wander inside. There are still many mysteries to unravel.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 506