_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5758935 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14190 on: April 29, 2013, 07:16:44 pm »

And/or rigged. Probably not.
((Believe me when I say shit happens all the time in ER, and your character does appear to be inadequate even for sissy slap fights.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: April 29, 2013, 07:26:08 pm »

And/or rigged. Probably not.
((Believe me when I say shit happens all the time in ER, and your character does appear to be inadequate even for sissy slap fights.))
((Oh, I know. See, for amp power I'm the king. Everything else, no.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: April 29, 2013, 07:50:51 pm »

((THEN WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PUNCH THINGS IF YOU'RE TERRIBLE AT IT?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: April 29, 2013, 07:51:58 pm »

((THEN WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PUNCH THINGS IF YOU'RE TERRIBLE AT IT?))
((Why not? I've got nothing else to do and I can only fight by killing people. This is the only safe way to let out aggression.
Though I may begin killing people for real soon.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: April 29, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »

((Oh Gods. Grate's in the same room as that maniac.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: April 29, 2013, 08:08:08 pm »

((It could be worse. Grate could be in the same room as pre-robotization Faith.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:01 pm »

((Not so much maniac as a Necromorph in human body.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: April 29, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

((That's supposed to be better?!?!?))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: April 29, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »

((That's supposed to be better?!?!?))
((No, not really.))
Sig! Onol

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: April 29, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

(("...when fighting children..."

Hey, Grate's a child!))
((Let's be fair, you shouldn't be able to defeat anyone here. And even if you put 10 points into Str, you should still go down before a 0 Str adult, not have a huge advantage. Now, I'm not judging the system, or whether it is good or bad, but I am making a statement. Grate and that girl are both overpowered for their age.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: April 29, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

(I dunno, a 10-Str child would basically be a kid version of the Rock while a 0-Str adult would be a wimp with the flu...but yeah, it's kinda simplified. I suppose it's implied that you should pick stats that match your character, eg making kids with low Str and cyborgs with high or something.)
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:31 pm »

(("...when fighting children..."

Hey, Grate's a child!))
((Let's be fair, you shouldn't be able to defeat anyone here. And even if you put 10 points into Str, you should still go down before a 0 Str adult, not have a huge advantage. Now, I'm not judging the system, or whether it is good or bad, but I am making a statement. Grate and that girl are both overpowered for their age.))
((with training, size disadvantages can be compensated for, especially if you're using lethal force. kids usually never feel a need to use lethal force, and have no training in how to do so, so it's easy to underestimate how much power can be brought to bear. an untrained adult against an expert child, i'd put my money on the child, every time.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

((Yeah, I might have exaggerated a bit, but I think the point stands. Regarding the lethal force, you have to remember if you're using tools. Barehanded? I'm not so sure. Oh, and another thing. Training would be Uncon, not Strength. And there is such a thing that at a certain age there is only so much you can be trained, so there's also that.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: April 29, 2013, 11:44:08 pm »

((Yeah, I might have exaggerated a bit, but I think the point stands. Regarding the lethal force, you have to remember if you're using tools. Barehanded? I'm not so sure. Oh, and another thing. Training would be Uncon, not Strength. And there is such a thing that at a certain age there is only so much you can be trained.))
((Tell that to Hit Girl.
In fact, you know what, that is this girl. The Little Girl is Hit Girl.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: April 30, 2013, 12:32:31 am »

((barehanded i would remain sure. the main time a larger fighter's size matters is in grappling (grabs, holds, pins, chokes, etc). during strikes (punches, kicks, chops, slaps, etc) and throws (not the kind of throw you're thinking of, think of any time you see a martial artist grab someone and "throw" them onto the ground) placement and control matter far more. Although having more momentum can help increase the power of strikes, keep in mind it also makes them harder to change direction with. throws the size difference doesn't matter much at all. the trick to throwing properly is using your opponent's momentum to your advantage, and maintaining control of both your bodies (especially the locations of your centers of gravity) throughout the process. a 80lb child with expert training could most certainly throw a 400lb overweight adult, even though the kid couldn't possibly pick the adult up.
regarding grappling, although pins and grabs wouldn't work with that kind of size difference, chokes and holds still would, although they would be harder to do.

i never said it would be easy, the size differential matters a lot, but it is more than doable.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 2101