Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Roll to Operations Control  (Read 13342 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Operations Control
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2015, 04:18:04 pm »

Should that C up top be D?
Yes, sorry.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »

"Get in and secure everything.  Once done, guard the door."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »

"Finish securing the floor."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:24 am »

"Secure the informatoin and continue seeping the building."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:09 am »

I'd like to apologize for dropping the ball on this. Seems like I can never keep an RTD running for a really long period of time. I do want to continue this again now if the 4 of you are still interested, however this mission was basically over, so resurrecting this RTD would involve ending this mission and going on to something different.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 11:32:07 am »

I'm up for some more op controlling.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »

When your commander learns that the informant is no longer rescuable and that team members were injured in the assault on the police station, he gives new orders, “We have what we came for. Withdraw Squads A, B, and D from the building, we can use the Verdun to destroy any remaining Legion members in the building. Make sure the computer data makes it out.” The three teams withdraw to a safe distance before the police station is pulverized by the warships space-ground armament. The injured men are airlifted out of the town, while the rest wait a few hours for the French military to get up the mountain to take over.

The next day you receive a debriefing. Your commander shows up and begins talking “Well done gentlemen. The mission completed the primary objective of eliminating the Legion of Gaul’s presence in the town, and the squads discovered intelligence that our analysts are examining currently. Sadly, we were in no position to rescue the informant as he was already dead before the mission began. Stevens, your squad successfully infiltrated the town and was first to enter the police station and collected the intelligence off those computers. While the Squad Leader of the team was injured, the rest of your operation went perfectly. Total Success for your efforts. Varris, since your men were able to clear a path to the police station and once there, provide cover support, you also receive a Total Success. Billson, your Tactical Unit helped clear a path to the police station but other did not engage the enemy. Success for you, because your efforts helped ensure we could safely declare the village clear of Legionnaires. Barkely, your men were able to set up sniper positions despite unexpected enemy opposition. However, your orders for your men to sneak up and ambush an isolated group instead of taking them out from long range resulted in the death of 1 man and the injury of your squad leader as well as holding up the mission for the remainder of your team. Due to this being your first command position and you and your team’s admirable performance after these unexpected difficulties you will receive only a Partial Failure on this mission. Your squad’s reports are available and replacements are available for transfers, the dead, and the recovering injured. Replacement selection will be done in order of your rate of success on the previous mission, so Stevens gets first pick, followed by Varris and etc. You are dismissed.”

Spoiler: Squad Reports (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Replacements Avaliable (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »

"I think that it would be a good idea not to separate my old squad. I'll keep it how it is."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 01:37:41 pm »

"I'll be taking Takahara as Ivanovich's replacement."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]