Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battlefield 1943  (Read 3396 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1943
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 01:18:52 pm »

Who do I get my internet hug from?  Is it either a kitten or an attractive woman?

Well, you know, a cat is fine too.

And I'd just like to state that I had no knowledge of BF1943.  I thought this was about BF1942, in which the engineer really is badass.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 06:24:07 am »

Hurray I'm awesome!  Still I'm sure there are several people on RPG Codex that could do it better.  I don't hang around there much because they're just too angry, and it gets me down.

Who do I get my internet hug from?  Is it either a kitten or an attractive woman?

Convinced me to stay away....

Don't get me wrong, there are actually a few intelligent and kowledgable individuals there who every once in a while hold a worthwhile discussion about gaming that doesn't immediately get overrun by tards.  But most of them are idiots.  Example: Complaining about the Witcher getting a free content update.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 08:25:14 am »

Let me rephrase:

Convinced me to stay away from Battlefield 1943, since they have apparently killed everything I loved about the series

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 08:59:12 am »

Let me rephrase:

Convinced me to stay away from Battlefield 1943, since they have apparently killed everything I loved about the series

Oh yeah, there's regenerating health too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 09:02:12 am »

Let me rephrase:

Everyone in WWII has been replaced with space marines, apparently.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 09:28:19 am »

Let me rephrase:

Handwave: It's not regenerating health! It's the bullet dissolving in your acidic blood! So it no longer hurts!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 09:32:58 am »

For single player FPS games, I like the auto-heal.  It makes me very happy.

For multiplayer FPS games, where there is the possibility of a character that can heal... I like that better.

Basically, it seems like they are giving up on the whole teamwork idea.  (Infinite bullets, Free healing, one person can deal with any problem...)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 12:39:44 pm »

For multiplayer FPS games, where there is the possibility of a character that can heal... I like that better.

Basically, it seems like they are giving up on the whole teamwork idea.  (Infinite bullets, Free healing, one person can deal with any problem...)

Not entirely true.  Riflemen can't take out tanks, Soldiers can't easily take out enemies that are far away, unless they are standing still and/or too stupid to get out of the way of a rocket, and snipers are slightly less effective at taking out infantry at close range.  It's not that they've removed teamwork completely, just that they've mostly removed it... but no one ever worked together in BF1942 either. :P

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 12:42:20 pm »

Not entirely true.  Riflemen can't take out tanks, Soldiers can't easily take out enemies that are far away, unless they are standing still and/or too stupid to get out of the way of a rocket, and snipers are slightly less effective at taking out infantry at close range.  It's not that they've removed teamwork completely, just that they've mostly removed it... but no one ever worked together in BF1942 either. :P

"Actually, it's still there. But just a quarter of it."

You need friends for teamwork.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 12:45:35 pm »

It's kind of funny.  I actually got more teamwork in my hour with the demo of this game than I have ever gotten in BF1942.  Seriously.  I got in a jeep and two guys hopped in with me and we drove to a flag and captured it together!  Another guy actually waited a couple seconds in a boat for myself and another guy to get in before launching!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 01:38:48 pm »

I actually had a group of friends who would drive out to the local lan center (we all had good PCs, but it was cheap enough that for a few hours, it was worth the money to be co-local).

We were pretty scary, especially one and I in the Apache.  There's nothing like the classic pop and drop from behind a hill.

Sometimes I think I'd like to see a 30pc vs thousands of NPCs in a game like this.  Create a higher death penalty, and lower the twitch to where tactics were more useful and less 'I've played this map a thousand times, and this is what works.'

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 09:27:42 pm »

Operation Flashpoint?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 07:39:24 am »

My favorite class in battlefield 2 was always the medic.  I wasn't forcing everyone else to wait for the respawn, I was saving some people from that fate.  Of course, I probably shouldn't have cared so much, seeing as I always played vs. bots...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:18 am »

A friend's 7-year-old said the other day that World War 2 was fought between Russians (I think) and Space Marines.  He's actually quite knowledgable about history (what with his dad's historical wargaming), but with the additional 40K influence he'd probably call DF "SquatFortress" if he knew about it.

When he was younger all the similar slips were all in terms of Brutes and Spartans form the Haloverse. ;)

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 08:26:56 am »

I say Battlefield Vietnam was the best one in the series, and I prove it.

Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...
Pages: 1 [2]