Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1005440 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7035 on: January 17, 2014, 10:33:15 am »

Sure. [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SILENCED], used in the interaction.

But that only checks the target(s). If its an attack interaction it doesn't matter what the casters syndromes are, only the targets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7036 on: January 17, 2014, 10:36:30 am »

Then make the attack interaction like this:

Have interaction that targets self_only. This interaction has IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYN_CLASS:SILENCE, and the interaction give CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:the attack interaction.

This way a silenced dwarf cant give himself the interaction to attack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: January 17, 2014, 10:49:15 am »

Sure. [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SILENCED], used in the interaction.

But that only checks the target(s). If its an attack interaction it doesn't matter what the casters syndromes are, only the targets.
Sounds like what I'm doing. By the way, my dwarves seem to have a reluctance to use the interaction (arena) even after using dfhack to force the itemsyndrome (it works). Should I change any of to it.. say.. creature action or something?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: January 17, 2014, 11:01:52 am »

Then make the attack interaction like this:

Have interaction that targets self_only. This interaction has IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYN_CLASS:SILENCE, and the interaction give CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:the attack interaction.

This way a silenced dwarf cant give himself the interaction to attack.

Hmm, was hoping there was a more elegant solution. Thanks though

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7039 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:30 am »

That was the only thing I could think of.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:15 am »

I'm sorry guys, trying to figure out modding for the first time since I have jack all else I can really do right now DF wise except learn the academics of it.

I understand that if you use a syndrome to cause a creature to flash with a status symbol (I think using CE_FLASH_TILE? But it might be a DFhack thing given the context of where I learned it), then even if you remove the syndrome, the creature won't stop flashing?

What about interactions? If I, for example, create a disease that causes a dwarf to emit water vapor around himself using the UNDIRECTED_VAPOR breath attack type and MATERIAL_EMISSION interaction (I think I got that right), can I later 'cure' him of the syndrome and he'll LOSE that interaction? Or will he have it even after he's lost the Syndrome with the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION token?

I want to create a situation where a creature can be made to emit a gas or vapor in a big obvious way when I want it too... and maybe to spread the syndrome at the same time using the function. I dunno.

There is no easy way to remove a syndrome, however most effects can be temporary. If you want your creature to blink until one effect is applied, perhaps using a short lived CA_FLASH_TILE will overwrite the effect.

The interaction can be made temporary by adding :START:0:END:<number> to the CAN_DO_INTERACTION token.

You can make the cure have a syndrome class and have the illness check  if the dwarf did not receive it first (see 2 post above).

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: January 17, 2014, 02:10:25 pm »

Hey guys

I remember seeing a while back that you could embark with more than 7 dwarves using a command in dfhack, but I can't for the life of me remember.  Additionally, there was some command that let you change/surpass the embark point levels, too.  I checked the 'ls' and searched the forum, but I can't find either one.  Does anyone remember what the command(s) were?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »

It's a separate script called "startdwarf.rb". You may want to check in the actual utilities board.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7043 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

dwarves.rb - type "dwarves #"

Code: [Select]
# patch start dwarf count

nr = $script_args[0].to_i

raise 'too low' if nr < 7

addr = df.get_global_address('start_dwarf_count')
df.memory_patch(addr, [nr].pack('L'))

points.lua - type "points #"
Code: [Select]
df.global.world.worldgen.worldgen_parms.embark_points=tonumber(...)
Both must be done on the embark map, before pressing 'E'

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: January 17, 2014, 02:46:49 pm »

Thank you!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: January 18, 2014, 09:00:44 am »

I've got something I want to do for my norse mod, but it involves interactions, something I've not yet experimented with other than curses. Is it possible to make a creature that will ,preferably when wild though as a pet is also fine, use interactions to clean up messes like spilled blood and extracts?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: January 18, 2014, 10:01:23 am »

But... it doesnt work.  :-\
In cases like that, remember that we do have a bug tracker.  :P  This particular bug appears to have been reported.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7047 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07:39 am »

Thanks Knight Otu, that does explain it. Guess the 1,5 hours for the graphics, and the 1,5 hours for trying to make it work were rather a waste of time. ^^

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: January 18, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »

Thanks Knight Otu, that does explain it. Guess the 1,5 hours for the graphics, and the 1,5 hours for trying to make it work were rather a waste of time. ^^

Hey, but when it gets fixed, you're ready to go!  :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: January 18, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »

Okay, dumb question, but what is the size of an extract in a vial?
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 544