Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999539 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2012, 11:23:46 am »

A bit more powerful than I was hoping, perhaps I should lower the necrosis.
I think the bleeding will kill them before the rot does, as rotting starts after the bleeding and pain is gone. But yes It's a bit overkill, But I like to imagin is like acid in the "Movies" where it can insta melt someones face off

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:10 pm »

Is there a way to specify where on the body a piece of armor goes? I'd like to make a custom piece of armor that specifically protects a custom body part attached to the upper body (the aforementioned bulb.) From what I can tell, what body part a piece of armor goes to is determined by item type, so the best I could do is define a piece of armor with the appropriate LBSTEP (or UBSTEP, I'm unclear which direction it'll need to go.) Is there a more elegant solution to this problem? I'd be ok with the LBSTEP solution if I could keep anything that wasn't Bulbasaur from wearing it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:01 pm »

Since 0.34 I have the FPS counter in the upper left corner and it blocks the view of the PAUSE. think that truetype is responsible. Anyone else has that problem and found a fix ? I use Phoebus, although that souldnt interfere with this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:20 pm »

just wondering, are necro towers hardcoded?

was planning on "cheating" the lack of true dark fortresses, and replacing with necro towers, but a quick glance at the raws does not include anything about necros aside from the syndrome/interaction...  nothing about the towers.

failing that, with the way human towns sprawl now, i am not going to use those for goblins, is it possible to only use the keeps?

I think the tag you want, if you want Goblins to build human-style fortresses, is [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS].
thanks for that...  but nothing about the towers?

lol, figures.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »

I'm trying to make an interaction that resembles a lightning strike in effect. For some reason none of the syndromes seem to be applied. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Interaction (located in a custom human caste)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Material:

I've tried making the fixed temp the boiling temp so that it's boiling when it comes out, I've tried making the fixed temp above boiling. No syndromes. The density might be a little high, it keeps shattering leg bones but I figure I'll worry about that once the syndrome works. The framework for the interaction/material was stolen from Gizogin's ice spike spell.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »

Since 0.34 I have the FPS counter in the upper left corner and it blocks the view of the PAUSE. think that truetype is responsible. Anyone else has that problem and found a fix ? I use Phoebus, although that souldnt interfere with this.
isnt fps counter enable/disablable in an ini?  /data/init ?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:23 pm »

When changing a stat using a syndrome, like so:
         [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:180:START:0]
or stuff like strength and toughness

is it possible to do this?
         [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:180:START:0:PEAK:1000:END:1200]?
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:58 pm »

This might be a bit of a long shot, but is there any way to make a workshop reaction require a pet be brought to it, a la Kennel? The raws seem to be pretty cagey about the inner workings of the kennel, otherwise I'd just copypasta.

Failing that, any ideas as to how to efficiently and reliably add syndromes to pets? The best I can come up with is to have a 1x1 workshop that creates the low boiling point stone, and just tell people to restrain a pet next to it :P

Also, re: irdsm, the syndrome currently works by [SYN_INJECTED], and I'm not sure there's a way for it to enter the bloodstream. Try [SYN_INHALED]. Also, if you get it working, mind if I use it on my own mod? I've been looking for a functional lightning analogue.

2nd edit: Whoops, I didn't notice it was a liquid. [SYN_CONTACT], then.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:02:18 pm by Old Greg »

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »

Also, re: irdsm, the syndrome currently works by [SYN_INJECTED], and I'm not sure there's a way for it to enter the bloodstream. Try [SYN_INHALED]. Also, if you get it working, mind if I use it on my own mod? I've been looking for a functional lightning analogue.

2nd edit: Whoops, I didn't notice it was a liquid. [SYN_CONTACT], then.
It's already got syn_contact. I figured injection wouldn't interfere with the syndrome. Just tried removing injection, doesn't seem to help.

If I can get it working I'll put it in the spellbook and anybody who wants to use it can. A lightning spell seems like something that absolutely has to exist.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2012, 03:03:19 pm »

Hm. Yeah, overlooked that, whoops. Maybe it's just the formatting of the site, but is the interaction correctly "tabbed" under the syndrome?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

@old greg: 1x1 workshop with boiling stone and inhaled syndrome is the only way I found as well. I use it to transform pets into armored versions. If you happen to discover a better solution, I am all ears. Otherwise, pastures it is. Both kennels and butcher use pets a reagent though, but there is no tag/reaction token for it...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2012, 03:30:06 pm »

Phooey, that'll be quite awkward if I ever release this mod. Oh well, thanks for clearing it up.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:41 pm »

I'm trying to make an interaction that resembles a lightning strike in effect. For some reason none of the syndromes seem to be applied. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Interaction (located in a custom human caste)

Material:

I've tried making the fixed temp the boiling temp so that it's boiling when it comes out, I've tried making the fixed temp above boiling. No syndromes. The density might be a little high, it keeps shattering leg bones but I figure I'll worry about that once the syndrome works. The framework for the interaction/material was stolen from Gizogin's ice spike spell.
You need to use a custom MATERIAL_EMISSION_WITH_SYNDROME
added to your own interactions.  The only way I can get a syndrome applied with an interaction is to just go ahead and apply the syndrome, it's how the mists and rains really do it in the world.dat file.
as an example they use the ie_animate to effect the corpse, but they define and apply the syndrome in the code. the syndrome attached to the material is only used when somedwarf comes by and steps in it. The material doesn't seem to acknowledge an interaction as injected or contact where syndromes are concerned.

There is an alternative way to do it.. If you make your interaction part of an attack like in the werewolf example, the material does count as being injected.  Whichever way suits your style.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:39:44 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

Aw nuts. I tried to give a creature a tail made of flame (MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10800) and use the BP_Bump interaction to be able to apply it directly to items to ignite them, or creatures to melt their face off- didn't work. Oh well.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

I tried to ingest a syndrome using the cleaning interaction modded with a tounge bodypart and it didn't work, but "licking" something under the Eat command even without a modified toungue does.  It seems interactions don't really make contact, and are limited to what creatures already use them for, and what we can twist out of that, I've given my basalisk a death glare that just applies the syndrome without a material, my bloodbender can puke my opponents blood without touching them and then animate it on the floor, but an attempt to combine the two causes the game to crash, and my thaumaturgist can apply a syndrome to undead creatures, but can't target them specifically without modding them to have a tag, and they ignore the syndromes effects even if I change their tags.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 544