Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999369 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #480 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:56 am »

I'm not too well versed in making workshops, could someone let me know what's wrong with this? The error log is giving me nothing, but it doesn't show up when I go to build it.

Spoiler: "Evolution Shrine" (click to show/hide)

I basically just copied the screw press and changed the name, so I don't exactly know what could be non-functional. Brewing's just a placeholder skill for now.

I think you need to go to the entity.txt and add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:EVOLUTION_SHRINE] to the Dwarf entry. When you get around to making a custom reaction you'll need to add PERMITTED_REACTION as well, I think.

EDIT: NINJA'D!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:26 pm »

You need to mod the ammo, not the inorganic mat you use in the special ammo. The more velocity they, have, the sharper they are, and the smaller the contact area, and the deeper the penetration... all this adds to the chance that it gets stuck.

I was just testing a polymoprh arrow  (tunring hit enemies into hamsters) but they melt in the hands of the archer in arena mode (maybe the temperature in arena is too high ?)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »

Ah. Right-o, that'll do it. Thanks guys :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:44 pm »

You need to mod the ammo, not the inorganic mat you use in the special ammo. The more velocity they, have, the sharper they are, and the smaller the contact area, and the deeper the penetration... all this adds to the chance that it gets stuck.

I was just testing a polymoprh arrow  (tunring hit enemies into hamsters) but they melt in the hands of the archer in arena mode (maybe the temperature in arena is too high ?)

Arena temp is higher than standard world temp, or that's what I heard from others. Tedious to go generating a world each time you want to test the arrows, but yeah, you'll have to do that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »

Hopefully somebody can give me a hand with this.

Spoiler: Interaction (click to show/hide)

This interaction works perfectly, and is really only included to demonstrate exactly what I am doing. Basically it is a positive effect for the caster, and a negative effect for the target.

Spoiler: CDI (click to show/hide)

Again, it works perfectly mechanically- I'm having issues communicating what is happening to the player. Since the caster is considered a target, he gets the "Target is seeded! Your recuperation greatly rises!" message AND "You are seeded! Your physical stats drop!" Is there a way to make it so the player caster only sees the first message, or am I going to have to rely on the players just knowing what Leech Seed does?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately, TARGET_VERB affects every target, including the caster, and VERB affects the caster. This is how it works, and you'll have to go with one or the other.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:14 pm »

Well, I changed it to [CDI:TARGET_VERB:see vitality flow from the seeds to the bulb:is seeded], which really isn't much more information than was given just in VERB and you get the "see vitality flow" bit twice if you are the target. Guess I'll just stick to VERB.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2012, 03:50:32 pm »

Quick question, if anybody knows this it'll save me a lot of testing ; I wanted to change the pick to AXE skill to keep miners from being legendary soldiers, and to restrict dorfs to using civilian picks and axes to mine and chop wood. When deciding if a weapon can mine/chop does the game check for PICK or AXE in the name like I vaguely remember it does, or does it check the skill associated for MINING or AXEMAN?

And if it's the naming string check, does anyone know if it checks for AXE or AX, so that I could presumably have "Battle Ax" and "Great Ax" instead of having to use cultural battle-axe names like Dolabra and Valashka and so on?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »

Quick question, if anybody knows this it'll save me a lot of testing ; I wanted to change the pick to AXE skill to keep miners from being legendary soldiers, and to restrict dorfs to using civilian picks and axes to mine and chop wood. When deciding if a weapon can mine/chop does the game check for PICK or AXE in the name like I vaguely remember it does, or does it check the skill associated for MINING or AXEMAN?

And if it's the naming string check, does anyone know if it checks for AXE or AX, so that I could presumably have "Battle Ax" and "Great Ax" instead of having to use cultural battle-axe names like Dolabra and Valashka and so on?
Picks are used for mining because the skill they use is MINING and axes are used for cutting because their used skill is AXE. There is no string searching in names, DF reads what skill the weapon uses and that is how it handles picks and axes. If you gave a long sword MINING instead of SWORD the creature will mine with the sword

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2012, 04:09:06 pm »

*pokemon stuff*
That's really cool. I hadn't thought of giving different targets different syndromes like that. 

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »

*pokemon stuff*
That's really cool. I hadn't thought of giving different targets different syndromes like that.

Thank you, but I can hardly take all the credit- SethCreiyd in the Spellbook thread got the ball rolling with his drain life spell. Pokemon moves are a ripe environment for a variety of effects, though.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves dug too deep...not big surprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2012, 05:01:20 pm »

Quick question: Anyone know where the file that specifies things like fireballs and dragonfire is? I've checked a bunch of different material folders and can't find it.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

Quick question: Anyone know where the file that specifies things like fireballs and dragonfire is? I've checked a bunch of different material folders and can't find it.

I believe fireballs and dragonfire are hardcoded as breath attacks.

Code: [Select]
[CDI:FLOW:DRAGONFIRE]

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves dug too deep...not big surprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2012, 05:33:29 pm »

I believe fireballs and dragonfire are hardcoded as breath attacks.

Code: [Select]
[CDI:FLOW:DRAGONFIRE]
Damn...so I guess that means making a dragonfire fireball is out of the question?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2012, 05:48:06 pm »

Is there a way to make a particular caste less likely to worship a Sphere? I've got a Squirtle companion who describes himself as a "servant of lightning," which is kinda strange.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 544