Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002071 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #555 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:35 pm »

Just tried infecting via own blood and it doesn't actually bring the blood into existence until they bleed.  It works but not for what I want.  Trying skin next.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 24, 2012, 09:17:53 pm »

It probably won't work unless it's some sort of secretion.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2012, 09:22:27 pm »

It probably won't work unless it's some sort of secretion.
Yes it has to be a secreation, Contact Syndrome. I use that to make my Zombies Rot

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:18 pm »

And even then it's not going to have an effect during world gen.  So you won't see anything happen until they show up at your fort or during adventure mode.  But I may be wrong.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

I want to breathe a vapor that when breathed in (I would also like it if it worked on contact with skin as well) causes syndromes. I started this but nothing seems to happen when I actually use it. I have a feeling I am just using the wrong material. Is this even possible?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks again for any help.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:40 pm »

You need to attach that syndrome to the material you are exhaling- remember to make yourself immune (or not, if you like dying.)

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 24, 2012, 11:19:50 pm »

You need to attach that syndrome to the material you are exhaling- remember to make yourself immune (or not, if you like dying.)

I added a new material (copied from CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE) that should boil the moment it hits air. I also added the syndromes to it.

And then this is the attack for the creature:

Still nothing happens when I perform the attack. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious. This would be way easier if I had some base to work from.

Edit: Okay, I applied some changes and the creature now uses the attack and something comes out. Sadly it seems to be magma vapor. Is there any reason why? This causes any fleshy enemies to get partially melted and they seem to die from that and not the syndromes. I just want it to be a gas that is a low temperature so it doesn't cause damage itself.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:19:25 am by lanp »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:24 pm »

I'm trying to make a female-only race, though I don't exactly know how to pull off reproduction.
I've thought of a possible way, but I don't know if it's actually viable.

Idea was to have the race capture male slaves from the human race. Is such slavery and reproduction even possible?
Expanding on that, how about an interaction which would turn the male humans into a caste that is never naturally born? How different can castes, physically, even be?

This was possible even in 31.25
Just give the creature the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] tag, and make a male caste with the [CONVERTED_SPOUSE] tag. This will cause the females to hunt for male humans (and elves and dwarves, but not goblins or kobolds), abduct them, and transform them into males of it's own species. The males of your species will not be placed during worldgen, except through conversion.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 25, 2012, 12:40:10 am »

I'm trying to make a female-only race, though I don't exactly know how to pull off reproduction.

Idea was to have the race capture male slaves from the human race. Is such slavery and reproduction even possible?
Expanding on that, how about an interaction which would turn the male humans into a caste that is never naturally born? How different can castes, physically, even be?

Just give the creature the [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] tag, and make a male caste with the [CONVERTED_SPOUSE] tag. This will cause the females to hunt for male humans (and elves and dwarves, but not goblins or kobolds), abduct them, and transform them into males of it's own species. The males of your species will not be placed during worldgen, except through conversion.

Have you tried this yourself? I did, but my results were, if memory serves, that the civilization failed to appear entirely no matter what settings I used.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:25 am »

Have you tried this yourself? I did, but my results were, if memory serves, that the civilization failed to appear entirely no matter what settings I used.

Yes, with humans. I changed the male to converted spouse, and watched legends fill up with "McMann was abducted. McMann was imprisoned. McMann was changed from a human to a human"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Strabonic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 25, 2012, 02:35:05 am »

Can somebody please help me? I'm trying to make an acidic breath weapon. It works partially - expels acid, covers creatures in it, but does not causes any syndromes. What is wrong?

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 25, 2012, 02:47:27 am »

Can somebody please help me? I'm trying to make an acidic breath weapon. It works partially - expels acid, covers creatures in it, but does not causes any syndromes. What is wrong?

That's a very very low severity and it's a contact poison only affecting vascular tissues. 
Try starting with something like this, and adjusting the numbers.
[CE_PAIN:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200][CE_BLISTERS:SEV:5000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:0:PEAK:10:END:2000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:0:PEAK:50:END:2000]

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 25, 2012, 02:54:40 am »

Has anyone tried adding CE_DROWSINESS to an interaction's syndrome? It seems to work for material-contaminant syndromes, but not for interactions. It might be bugged. 

I discovered that, if you inflict an intense amount of drowsiness on a target, they will instantly go insane. They randomly go mad, melancholy, or berserk.  (It probably has to do with how liaisons and traders will go insane if they're stuck on your map too long. Like drowsiness is being used as the timer for that.) It's a cool effect, to see a dozen guys start flashing !!!!!!!, but I'd like to do it directly rather than through a cloud of boiling gas. 

Strabonic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:17 am »

That's a very very low severity and it's a contact poison only affecting vascular tissues. 
Try starting with something like this, and adjusting the numbers.
[CE_PAIN:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200][CE_BLISTERS:SEV:5000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:0:PEAK:10:END:2000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:0:PEAK:50:END:2000]

Thanks! Now my zerg roaches will be fine!  ;)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 25, 2012, 05:22:28 am »

Is there a way to modify amount of damage done by material emission? Like making colossuses throw fireballs more dangerous than those of imps?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 544