Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999532 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #885 on: March 08, 2012, 12:53:13 am »

So, I have a question. I'm planning on making an immobile creature to act as a turret of sorts. I was wondering how to make it shoot projectiles that carry a syndrome that makes the hit creature turn crazed and bleed from the hit limb. I was also wondering how to make the turret have a stone shell that it will retreat into when an enemy gets to close.
Any help will be appreciated.

There's a simple tag for the shell and you can make bodyparts. For the syndrome, make material it fires have a melting point higher than the fixed temp, but lower than the boiling point (though that may just cause ground contamination) and attach the syndrome to that. Meph's Masterwork mod already has turrets in it, so you could use that as an example.

HySh777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

So does nobody have anything for me? I've tried troubleshooting it, but there's no errorlog message, no... nothing. And I can't figure out what would've changed.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 08, 2012, 11:16:42 am »

I have a question. How often can you make were-beast style transformations happen?

Would it be theoretically possible to set up a were-beast transformation as some sort of insane regeneration power?

Oh I lost an arm? *Regenerate* Etc..

And would a resurrect interaction in a creatures blood cause it's blood to resurrect it's own corpse?

Is that even possible? Sorry I just have little knowledge as to where to even begin, my normal computer being busted isn't helping either.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 08, 2012, 01:09:13 pm »

Can anyone tell me why this doesn't counter a mummy's curse of missing most of the time?

interation_standard.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

creature_standard.txt

I can't find the mummy curse interaction anywhere to just make something immune to it there. If anyone knows where that is it would be even more helpful. Thanks in advance.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:19 pm »

Can anyone tell me why this doesn't counter a mummy's curse of missing most of the time?

interation_standard.txt

creature_standard.txt

I can't find the mummy curse interaction anywhere to just make something immune to it there. If anyone knows where that is it would be even more helpful. Thanks in advance.
It's generated in the world, but an example of it's in interaction_disturbance.txt in the interaction examples folder.

As to why it might not work, some tags when added to a creature, can't be gotten rid of.  I've tried to make animated corpses vulnerable to syndromes, and they ignore it, I've also tried to get syndromes to end early with no success.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 08, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »

interation_standard.txt

creature_standard.txt

It's generated in the world, but an example of it's in interaction_disturbance.txt in the interaction examples folder.

As to why it might not work, some tags when added to a creature, can't be gotten rid of.  I've tried to make animated corpses vulnerable to syndromes, and they ignore it, I've also tried to get syndromes to end early with no success.

I noticed the mummy reaction example but just assumed it wasn't the actual one used in the game because it said example. If it's made during the world gen I guess it probably isn't possible to do anything about it. I suppose I'll just have to send in some companions as curse sponges. Thanks for the reply though.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:05 pm »

I have a question. How often can you make were-beast style transformations happen?

Would it be theoretically possible to set up a were-beast transformation as some sort of insane regeneration power?

Oh I lost an arm? *Regenerate* Etc..

And would a resurrect interaction in a creatures blood cause it's blood to resurrect it's own corpse?

Is that even possible? Sorry I just have little knowledge as to where to even begin, my normal computer being busted isn't helping either.
For the first part, you could just reduce the time between transformations in a custom curse by adjusting [CE:PERIODIC:XXX], and yes you can use it as a regen power, I did. The resurrect syndrome thing, maybe, but I don't know if syndromes can perform interactions, though it does work the other way around.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »

creature_standard.txt

[/quote]

I noticed the mummy reaction example but just assumed it wasn't the actual one used in the game because it said example. If it's made during the world gen I guess it probably isn't possible to do anything about it. I suppose I'll just have to send in some companions as curse sponges. Thanks for the reply though.[/spoiler]
[/quote]My guess would be that any parameter cannot be changed by two effects at a time, just like with body transformations. I'd suggest countering it with adjusting physical attributes directly or with all-targeting-insta-death paralyze spell  :)

I've tried to make animated corpses vulnerable to syndromes, and they ignore it
Zombies aren't fully legit creatures as far as i get it, interactions requiring [not_living] or [opposed_to_life] can't target them for some reason. I guess they're some weird mix of procedurally generating a creature and changing the raws with their actual raws stored out of reach of syndromes.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 08, 2012, 06:34:40 pm »

Hello! It's me again!
Trying to wrap my brain around some slightly more advanced reaction modding.
Im currently trying to make the following reaction chain:

Apple tree -> basket of apples -> apple sauce -> apple cider / apple pie

But I am having some difficulties with the apple sauce reaction, it refuses to even show up in my custom workshop.
I assume this is because i did something wrong, but as the errorlog is not giving me any errors i am struggling to find out what.

reaction_apples.txt
plant_pony_apple.txt - The relevant part is the PONY_APPLE_BASKET

Any pointers?

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 08, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »

Opposed to life. They attack everything, except undead being. Give them an undead tag as well, and all the transformed rage-dudes will stick together.

I added the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag and was looking through the different creature tokens and the only "undead" tag I could locate was the NOT_LIVING tag. When I applied this to my syndrome it appeared to have no effect on the creatures I infected in the arena as the infected would still attack each other. Is there a different tag I should use in order to cause the infected individuals to behave as allies?

This is what I used:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:34:11 pm by Pride »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 08, 2012, 07:45:28 pm »

Opposed to life. They attack everything, except undead being. Give them an undead tag as well, and all the transformed rage-dudes will stick together.

I added the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag and was looking through the different creature tokens and the only "undead" tag I could locate was the NOT_LIVING tag. When I applied this to my syndrome it appeared to have no effect on the creatures I infected in the arena as the infected would still attack each other. Is there a different tag I should use in order to cause the infected individuals to behave as allies?

This is what I used:

I'm pretty sure the "sides" in the arena override any loyalties associated with tags. Did you try it out in a generated world?

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 08, 2012, 07:59:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure the "sides" in the arena override any loyalties associated with tags. Did you try it out in a generated world?

Going off your idea I gen'd a world and the first infected character I came across in Legends ended up becoming a lawgiver and ruling for a decade or two before being killed by a werecreature. Unfortunately it didn't list her fighting or killing living creatures at any point after she became infected with the syndrome.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 08, 2012, 09:32:31 pm »

Going off your idea I gen'd a world and the first infected character I came across in Legends ended up becoming a lawgiver and ruling for a decade or two before being killed by a werecreature. Unfortunately it didn't list her fighting or killing living creatures at any point after she became infected with the syndrome.
Do you have "CAN_BE_HIDDEN" on anything to do with the curse? Also, adding [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] will make a creature actively convert people to its kind, so maybe have the rage virus morph people into a slightly different creature with the appropriate tags? Just make a version for each creature (human male, human female, elf male, elf female etc.) that you want to be infected.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 09, 2012, 02:36:18 am »

I have a question. I'm making a species of half-dragon half-human people called dragos, and I want them to have an interaction to fly for a short period of time to escape from things. I have no idea how to make such interactions, though.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 09, 2012, 09:47:06 am »

Impossible. [FLIER] is not supported by [CE_ADD_TAG].

Once it is, you'll be able to have [CE_ADD_TAG:FLIER:START:0:END:100]

With the end being whatever you want, of course.

You'd also need the usage hint in the CDI to be FLEEING.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 544