Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002114 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1815 on: June 06, 2012, 02:21:09 pm »

Could it be that it expects more than 1 word in any given list? You could try repeating that word multiple times to see if that removes the error.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 06, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »

I did that and worldgen just outright crashed. :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:11 pm »

Tiny question: I'm setting up tiles for a large building, and I put spaces after the entry of single or double digit entries to line them up with the triple digit tile codes, so it forms a grid. Will those spaces actually screw anything up?

noppa354

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 06, 2012, 07:01:42 pm »

How would I go about making a reaction use a barrel of blood as a reagent? Also, how would I make a reaction fill a barrel with blood? I want to make a bunch of weird blood magic (the blood creation one would also create an inhaled syndrome gas that causes harm) but I'm not sure how.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:57 am »

Is there a feasible way to "hide" a body-transformation? As in, the creature would transform as normal, but this would be unannounced?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1820 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:56 pm »

Is there a feasible way to "hide" a body-transformation? As in, the creature would transform as normal, but this would be unannounced?
Only if the creature is not in view, so if in a undiscovered cave, or make it HIDE before it transfroms. Of course it will have to attack or be discovered before you see it . but then you have no idea some transfromed "less of course it's a fortress member"

How would I go about making a reaction use a barrel of blood as a reagent? Also, how would I make a reaction fill a barrel with blood? I want to make a bunch of weird blood magic (the blood creation one would also create an inhaled syndrome gas that causes harm) but I'm not sure how.

Look in "reaction_other.txt" at the reaction "MAKE_SOAP_FROM_OIL" it has two ways of gathering a reagent from a container. But since blood counts as LIQUID_MISC  you can go into "material_template_default.txt" and add [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] to the "BLOOD_TEMPLATE" so you can have one reaction that will look for any type of blood and it's container.

As for the Syndrome, well Wiki how syndromes work and look at IRON_MAN in "creature_subterran.txt" for how his GAS tissue and material work. From there you can figure out how ot make a boiling rock ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:10:08 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 07, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »

I'm having trouble with an interaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the arena I give a qu the first Can Learn Interaction Frog Drop, kill and eat three frogs(then I'm full), and the first upgrade works, then it doesn't let me select the qu to upgrade anymore.

Here's the frogs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I skip fighting the Gigan Toad most of the time, but I have killed it for testing.

Continuing from my earlier (as of yet, unanswered) question, I'm getting lots of "Impoverished Word Selector" errors on worldgen now. In my custom race, I have four SELECT_SYMBOLs: Nature, Color, Magic, and the new SYMBOL I created which just contains 1 word. I suspect this may be the cause of the errors, but why? There are three full SYMBOL categories to pick names from, so I don't understand how it could be running out of random names.

Not to mention, I'm also using my Language Unlocked mod, which should give the RNG hundreds of thousands of new possibilities.

All I want is for this race to occasionally use this certain word when naming its people/settlements. It's looking increasingly like that's not possible, however. :/

Logically you have enough words to generate names, however the game does not see it as so.  if you only want them to occasionally use this word anyways, try adding other words to the new symbol you have containg it.  These words don't even have to have anything to do with the word, you can build up symbols based on .hack's area names with new words if you like.  As for keeping other civs from using a word, I tried not adding a translation to their language file, but they still used it in names as english.  I used that technique to make a cheap english file, which only seems to work for me, so leaving them out might work after all.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:39:12 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 07, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »

Wow wow wow... Did you make three sperate interactions that are all the same?

I know for your big main one you have cannot target FROG_DROP_1-4

but each frog drop syndrome has FROG_DROP only

and at the very top of your interaction your missing    [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] acaully I think for all your missing it

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:FROG_DROP_1]
            [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
            [I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
            [IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
            [I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
            [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
            [I_TARGET:C:CREATURE]
            IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED
            [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
            [I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
            [IE_TARGET:A]
            [IE_TARGET:B]
            [IE_TARGET:C]
            [IE_IMMEDIATE]

[INTERACTION:FROG_DROP_2]
            [IE_IMMEDIATE]

[INTERACTION:FROG_DROP_3]
            [IE_IMMEDIATE]

[INTERACTION:FROG_DROP_4]
            [IE_IMMEDIATE]

these to me can be mashed into one

and in your first UPGRADE_FROG_DROP you have a effect action       [IE_IMMEDIATE]
 in TARGET:A

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 07, 2012, 01:27:41 pm »

Thanks!  I also found that I had IE_IMMEDIATE in the target in all my CAN_LEARN_FROG_DROPs as well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:09:05 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 07, 2012, 03:45:45 pm »

If I had a reaction with these reagents and products;
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:LOW_GRADE_METAL]
[REAGENT:B:2:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:2:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GASEOUS_EMC][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

Would it fill each separate barrel with the custom liquid? Or would it only fill one?

Also, is [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] necessary for LIQUID_MISC? What about for BAR?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:47:50 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 07, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »

I think only one, barrel.

[REACTION:BREW_GOOD_1]
[NAME:brew aged dwarven wine]
[BUILDING:BREW_REGEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:plants:10:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL]
[REAGENT:sweetener:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SWEET]
[REAGENT:sweet container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:sweetener]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:tallow:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:TALLOW][UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot1:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot2:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot3:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot4:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot5:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK2][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot1]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK2][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot2]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK2][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot3]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK2][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot4]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK2][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot5]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plants:SEED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:15:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plants:SEED_MAT]
[SKILL:BREWING]

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1826 on: June 08, 2012, 03:10:59 am »

Two questions:

1.  Aside from the quality of items that already have hard-coded quality modifiers, is there any way of tying a reaction or interaction to a particular skill level in a particular skill?  For instance, is it possible to make a workshop that trains MAGIC_NATURE, and then give a new interaction to creatures once they have leveled up to a high enough magic level?  Or make custom cooking reactions where higher-level cooks can produce more advanced meals?

2.  Is there a way to alter the time period that a reaction takes?  Like make a workshop reaction that takes a really, really long time to complete?

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 08, 2012, 04:18:33 am »

Two questions:

1.  Aside from the quality of items that already have hard-coded quality modifiers, is there any way of tying a reaction or interaction to a particular skill level in a particular skill?  For instance, is it possible to make a workshop that trains MAGIC_NATURE, and then give a new interaction to creatures once they have leveled up to a high enough magic level?  Or make custom cooking reactions where higher-level cooks can produce more advanced meals?

2.  Is there a way to alter the time period that a reaction takes?  Like make a workshop reaction that takes a really, really long time to complete?

1) As far as I know, there's no way to unlock reactions/interactions based on skill.

2) I believe adding more products to the reaction makes it take longer.  You could just add some kind of rock that boils away harmlessly to increase the time it takes.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1828 on: June 08, 2012, 06:50:55 am »

Two questions:

1) As far as I know, there's no way to unlock reactions/interactions based on skill.

2) I believe adding more products to the reaction makes it take longer.  You could just add some kind of rock that boils away harmlessly to increase the time it takes.

This doesn't work.  Neither does changing the skill used or the materials used as reagents.  I think that custom reaction time may be hard-coded to about 11 seconds at zero skill.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »

Two questions:

1. saddly no, and no will crash game.
For the spells/interactions you can do a tennis lvl up system. Your wizard casts a spell on himself (free action) that gives him a "request to lvl up" to throw at a target (free action) target then gets a spell/interaction "give lvl up/give lvl stage 1" (free action) now your wizard has lvled up/moved up a stage and his very first spell can't target him due to the new syndrom class. so he won't be requesting "lvl ups" from the lowest tier. And now only has access to newer spells.
-Custom reactions making meals is bugged = Crash

2. No you can't, but you make the product have a percent chance, making more time and material consuming. which = more costly and time

Cruddy Chart on how Tennis works
Wizard casts tier 1 spells on self >Gains Spells for lvl 1 and upgrader spell
Wizard casts upgrader spell on foes >foe gain "Upgrade wizard"
Foe casts "Upgrade Wizard" > Wizard now can cast "tier 2 spells" on self once tier 1 spells wears off
Wizard cannot targert self with "tier 1 spells" due to new Syn Class of being lvl 2
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:29:29 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 544