Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999506 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2340 on: August 06, 2012, 12:37:45 am »

Does game consider handling or wearing item as a "contact"? I want to add hurting syndrome to weapon and healing/enhancement to armor. Will it work if I make "poisoned iron" metal with injected syndrome, and "blessed iron" with contact syndrome?
Sadly, no. "Contact" only occurs with contaminants, so it doesn't work that way. You can create a metal that boils when stuck in and give an inhaled syndrome to that, or you could make it out of a special weapon and then have that weapon be super-effective against everything, but you can't add a syndrome to it.
OK, so main way is making bless/curse spells is spawn a boulder of material that boils and has inhaled syndrome, right?

And how can I make a metal that boils on stuck? It's kinda cool, reminds me of Nazgul's blades. Should I make everyone's blood a few degrees higher than body's and put boiling temperature in the gap?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: August 06, 2012, 08:26:51 am »

Question: Will making the highest military commander noble position (the General, in the dwarven case) a multy-holder position (as in, having ten generals instead of the default one) screw up something? Or is it completely safe?
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: August 06, 2012, 10:52:36 am »

Homeotherm is the regualr(healthy) tempature the creature maintains.  Its materials will take damage if its normal temp is above or below the heat/cool-dam points?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2343 on: August 06, 2012, 12:28:25 pm »

Question: Will making the highest military commander noble position (the General, in the dwarven case) a multy-holder position (as in, having ten generals instead of the default one) screw up something? Or is it completely safe?
Safe AFAIK

Homeotherm is the regualr(healthy) tempature the creature maintains.  Its materials will take damage if its normal temp is above or below the heat/cool-dam points?
Yes, since that is the HEAT it will generate. creatures with a low value will acaully freeze water and die.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 06, 2012, 01:19:43 pm »

I need to make a creature have metal skin, how would I go about doing this?
Bonus question
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: August 06, 2012, 01:48:37 pm »

As damaging as a creature that throws water.

Deadly.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 06, 2012, 02:26:08 pm »

I am trying to use a vaporizing "syndrome stones" reaction to teach spells only to creatures of a particular caste.
Is the syntax:?

[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:creature:caste]

Do you think it will work if I replace:
      [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:ORC_TAIGA:ALL]

with something like:
 [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:ORC_TAIGA:DREAMWALKER_MALE]
 [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:ORC_TAIGA:DREAMWALKER_FEMALE]

and then only these rare caste adepts can learn the magic?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: August 06, 2012, 02:27:19 pm »

Yes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 06, 2012, 02:44:55 pm »

Does game consider handling or wearing item as a "contact"? I want to add hurting syndrome to weapon and healing/enhancement to armor. Will it work if I make "poisoned iron" metal with injected syndrome, and "blessed iron" with contact syndrome?
Sadly, no. "Contact" only occurs with contaminants, so it doesn't work that way. You can create a metal that boils when stuck in and give an inhaled syndrome to that, or you could make it out of a special weapon and then have that weapon be super-effective against everything, but you can't add a syndrome to it.
OK, so main way is making bless/curse spells is spawn a boulder of material that boils and has inhaled syndrome, right?

And how can I make a metal that boils on stuck? It's kinda cool, reminds me of Nazgul's blades. Should I make everyone's blood a few degrees higher than body's and put boiling temperature in the gap?
If the spell is from creature to creature then you just need to use an interaction to apply whatever syndromes you want, elsewise yeah, boiling boulders.

As for the metal you just need to put the boiling temperature of the metal in the small gap between room temperature and body temperature (such as 10065). Then the metal won't naturally boil unless you are in a very hot place, but if it gets stuck into a body then the temperature will raise that slight amount and boil. It works best with bolts naturally since they would normally be destroyed when they get fired anyways, but it is possible to make normal weapons of it too. Just note that any swords or other weapons you make of it will be destroyed if they are ever stuck in somebody for too long.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »

Cool.  Thanks.

Lets say I am letting the Orcs dabble with the powers of chaos and want to give them, 25% chance to turn into something awesome (minotaur? ogre?) and 75% change to turn into something less awesome but still capable of doing some fighting (troglodyte? beastmen?)

* what's the best way to implement...  just have a 75% product chance for one transform-vapor-stone and 25% for the other?
* how do creatures that once were in your entity behave?  can you still draft them into squads, will they equip, etc.; or will they act more like when you have a tame Tigerman?  if they have kids will they be orcs or trogs?  will no longer work at workshops?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 06, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »

Is your goal something like a reaction that they perform to transform? Or is it more of a "berserker powerup at the start of battle" interaction type thing?
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 06, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »

Oh, yeah I was thinking a permanent transformation enacted by a reaction so lets go with that for now. 

Although the other idea is interesting too.

ed.

Maybe like this?

[INORGANIC:ORC_CHAOS_STONE] produced in transmutation
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Chaos (m)]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Chaos (m)]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:Chaos (m)]
    [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:chaos]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:ORC_TAIGA:ALL]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:15:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:MINOTAUR:MALE]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:15:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:MINOTAUR:FEMALE]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:35:START:0]
       [CE:CREATURE:TROGLODYTE:MALE]
    [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:35:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:TROGLODYTE:FEMALE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:4:1][TILE:'*']
[MELTING_POINT:9000]
[BOILING_POINT:905]
[SOLID_DENSITY:55520]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:22:42 pm by smakemupagus »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 06, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

That should work except you should note that the PROB token doesn't work in a cumulative manner. Instead each one rolls separately, so what you actually have there is 4 different rolls.
1)15% chance to transform, 85% chance not to
2)15% chance to transform, 85% chance not to
3)35% chance to transform, 65% chance not to
4)35% chance to transform, 65% chance not to

This means you will actually end up only transforming 70% of the time. (.85*.85*.65*.65~30%).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:55 pm »

If you have 75 for one and 25 for the other, there's a chance both or neither will show up. The method I would have used is having there be a 25% chance to transform, then a 100% chance after that as part of the same interaction; however, that doesn't appear to work anymore, so ¯\(O_o)/¯

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:06 pm »

What if you split it into several syndroms so that they triggered one after another, and then made it so that any transformed creature was immune to all later syndromes? So for example If you wanted 3 transformation options (A:20%, B:40%, C:60%) then it would work sort of like this.

1)Syndrome 1 (trans A) affects the creature with a 20% chance of transformation.
2)Syndrome 2 (trans B) affects the creature with a 50% (80*.5=40) chance of transformation. If creature is already transformed it is immune to this syndrome.
3)Syndrome 3 (trans C) affects the creature with a 100% chance of transformation. If the creature is already transformed it is immune to this syndrome.

Of course I might have made a math error, but I think that would work.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 544