Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999424 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2385 on: August 11, 2012, 07:14:02 am »

Just started modding, (though I've been playing since 2 years ago) so I've been wondering if there was a way to allow my adventurer to breathe dragonfire, regardless of race. i.e., a reaction. I've already managed to "summon" candy equipment, so I thought why not go all the way and get dragonfire too.

On a side note, is it possible to have a reaction that creates a left gauntlet and a right gauntlet, instead of merely unusable gauntlets? Thanks!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 11, 2012, 07:16:09 am »

Do modded pet GCS breed?

I only added [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [TRAINABLE] to them.

Unfortunatly unless you add the tags necessary for them to breed, they wont breed. If i get some time ill make some code for you to add to them, but im a bit busy ATM.

I'm in no rush, and that would be awesome of you. :D

If all you are looking for is breeding then a simple [CHILD:1] tacked on should suffice. If you want authentic breeding with eggs then you will need to add a little bit more.

Or I could just use [CHILD:1]. This isn't going to result in a GCSplosion is it?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 11, 2012, 08:32:11 am »

I have question about modding:
If I want to make some races dominant [I mean the biggest population and many towns, fortresses ect.] and make other races having population about 1000-3000, what I should do?
 I used MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER, MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER  and MAX_POP_NUMBER [I can't find START_GROUP_NUMBER], but results wasn't acceptable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 11, 2012, 08:57:11 am »

I have question about modding:
If I want to make some races dominant [I mean the biggest population and many towns, fortresses ect.] and make other races having population about 1000-3000, what I should do?
 I used MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER, MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER  and MAX_POP_NUMBER [I can't find START_GROUP_NUMBER], but results wasn't acceptable
If you plan on doing short world gens then those should let you tweak it significantly more then anything else. (START_GROUP_NUMBER is the right token, so you should be able to place it into the entity if it is missing it, elsewise just use a find function.)

With longer world gens though, more and more of which citizen is "dominant" gets placed under control of the individual world's RNG. Really the only useful ways of making one civilization more dominant then others is to make that entity be able to spawn in common biomes (such as plains) and then limit other entities to less common biomes (such as mountains).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 12, 2012, 03:39:43 am »

Thanks, that helped, maybe dwarves didn't have 2000 population, but at least thiey're not the biggest race on world.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2390 on: August 12, 2012, 05:20:31 am »

I have a minor problem in the OldGenesis fork of Deon's Genesis. Help me, experienced modders.

Dorfs use "silty clay" and "clay loam" in reactions that are supposed to take in regular rock, not clay.
Example reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How do I alter clays (or reactions) so that one doesn't get "clay loam maul" and "clay loam rock bucket".
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 12, 2012, 10:26:16 am »

Here's a very minor one.
Where do I find the raw files for ice?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 12, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

I have a minor problem in the OldGenesis fork of Deon's Genesis. Help me, experienced modders.

Dorfs use "silty clay" and "clay loam" in reactions that are supposed to take in regular rock, not clay.
Example reaction:
How do I alter clays (or reactions) so that one doesn't get "clay loam maul" and "clay loam rock bucket".
My first guess would be to add the '[' to the front of "WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]. If that doesn't work what you will need to do is to go and add a reaction class to every worthless stone and then make the reaction require a boulder of that reaction class.

Here's a very minor one.
Where do I find the raw files for ice?
They are hardcoded. You can use ice boulders in reactions though, I believe the item/material code is BOULDER:NONE:WATER:NONE.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 12, 2012, 01:01:18 pm »

That explains why the Blizzard Men don't have ice in their structure...
Well, that also explains why cutting off an Ice Maidens hand gets me "Unknown Frozen Creature Substance."
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2394 on: August 12, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

Example reaction:

Make a new material template called "ORE_TEMPLATE" and make all metal containing stones use that template and add [REACTION_CLASS:STONE_WEAPON]
or just add the reaction class to the STONE_TEMPLATE anyways.

And i2amroy answered the water/ice/snow/steam question (I know it was about ICE but WATER controls all 4 of those states)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2395 on: August 12, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

Make a new material template called "ORE_TEMPLATE" and make all metal containing stones use that template and add [REACTION_CLASS:STONE_WEAPON]
or just add the reaction class to the STONE_TEMPLATE anyways.
No, I didn't want a reaction that takes in ores. In my example I had commented out the worthless_only because want hematite mauls along with granite mauls. Want one that takes in stone but not clay-containing soils.
Hmm.. Genesis stone template already has [REACTION_CLASS:CAN_GLAZE] so I'll try that.
Has anyone tried glazing metal furniture and metal weapons? Sounds like something Toady might not have tested, ashglazed billon bolts.

Also: does anyone have "piece of clothing back to thread" reactions that I could include? Excess socks, robes and cloaks to thread, then made into better weave and better clothes.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2396 on: August 12, 2012, 07:55:34 pm »

Has anyone done any science on these tokens?
ON_BREAK, CAVE_ADAPT, MILK_COUNTER, GROUNDED_ANIMAL_ANGER

They are counters for interactions, so I think I can make dwarve that are on break have a "dwarf1 is bored and looks around" "dwarf2 starts smoking a pipe while on break" (and actually adding a smoke effect) and so forth for ON_BREAK

I could make vampire dwarves that get positive effects the higher their CAVE_ADAPT counter is, so they are weakened if they go into the sun (no bonus) but get stronger and faster and so forth, while staying away from the surface.

MILK_COUNTER would allow a creature that has to be milked constantly, otherwise it goes berserk. It would add fun. Add a highly instable creature that gives high-value milk (or any other liquid, venom probably) that has to be attended. Imagine a sort of giant insect that builds up venom, and if it is not milked/venom taken out, it will start attacking people around it, just to release the build-up venom. That would make farming/herding this kind of animal a lot more interesting. (FUN)

GROUNDED_ANIMAL_ANGER is similar. Too many dogs on one spot, constantly clawing at each other? One goes berserk. Or starts a rabies infection. Teaches people not to stack 100 pets in one place.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

I have a simple question: how do I make a custom weapon usable for woodcutting?
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2398 on: August 12, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »

make it use the axe skill, it will automatically be used for woodcutting
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:21 pm »

Thanks.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 544