Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002365 times)

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5310 on: June 23, 2013, 10:21:44 pm »

Errorlog.txt doesn't seem to log anything from the arena.
I'm going to have to move the starting venom to something else and test in a game. I'll get on that.

EDIT:
And my save with dozens of captured goblins to use for this turns out to be corrupted. Crap.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:28:13 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: June 23, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »

Try making it 100 ticks or something.

Also, you aren't in the DFHack thread :P

Clicked the wrong thread.  I seem to be doing that a lot lately.   ::)

I'll try that, thanks.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: June 24, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »

Yes, by making the layer shape FEATHER.
I seem to be having some trouble implementing my new materials. What I have done so far is to copy the standard tissue templates and make "ghostly" feather-shaped versions of all of them. Then I copied the standard body detail plan and created a "ghostly" version using all of the "ghostly" tissues. I have applied both the material and body detail template in the creature's raws and then made my own "ghostly" sinew template when things didn't work. I finally thought for a moment and looked at the errorlog. here is an excerpt:

Code: [Select]
ULAIRI:DEFAULT:upper body, layer 1: Tissue SKIN was not found, using first tissue instead
ULAIRI:DEFAULT:upper body, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
ULAIRI:DEFAULT:upper body, layer 3: Tissue MUSCLE was not found, using first tissue instead

(this same thing happens for every body part, tissue type, and layer)
I'm pretty sure that I have "skin", "fat", and "muscle" defined in my body detail raws:

[ADD_MATERIAL:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]
[ADD_MATERIAL:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]
[ADD_MATERIAL:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]

and my "ghostly" templates seem to be in order

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKIN_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]
[TISSUE_NAME:skin:NP]
[SCARS]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKIN]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1].
[HEALING_RATE:1]
[VASCULAR:1]
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:5]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:FEATHERS]

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FAT_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]
[TISSUE_NAME:fat:NP]
[THICKENS_ON_ENERGY_STORAGE]
[SCARS]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FAT]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[VASCULAR:3]
[CONNECTS]
[INSULATION:100]

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE_GHOSTLY]
[TISSUE_NAME:muscle:muscles]
[THICKENS_ON_STRENGTH]
[ARTERIES]
[SCARS]
[MUSCULAR]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MUSCLE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3]
[VASCULAR:5]
[CONNECTS]

Is there something that I've missed here or is the problem elsewhere, perhaps in the creature raws?
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: June 24, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »

Is the BDP below the BODY token?

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

Is the BDP below the BODY token?
Yes. This is my block of BODY and BDP tokens.

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:GHOSTLY_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:GHOSTLY_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quailman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: June 24, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »

I've been trying to work on an interaction that allows an adventurer to cast one of several spells after consuming a certain food.  I've done this successfully by making that certain food add the [SUPERNATURAL] tag to whoever eats it, and then adding all of the spells through [CAN_DO_INTERACTION].  The spells require the user to have the [SUPERNATURAL] tag and then remove that tag from the user as part of their effect so they can't cast them again until something adds the [SUPERNATURAL] tag again.  However, I can't seem to figure out any way to make this happen with a material emission interaction.  In fact, I can't think of any way to remove the ability to do a material emission interaction based on when that interaction is used (I want you to be able to eat the food and then wait any amount of time before choosing your spell).  I can't settle for excessive recharge times, since the entire idea is that you can keep casting spells as long as you keep consuming the magical food.

So I guess my question is: Is there any way to remove the ability to perform a material emission interaction at the time (or shortly after) it is performed, without making the interaction available for only a set time whether it is performed or not?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: June 24, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »

Make a new interaction that does both the material emission and the syndrome effect.

Quailman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:04 pm »

Make a new interaction that does both the material emission and the syndrome effect.

Oh, okay.  I thought it was impossible, but I guess I just have no idea what the hell I'm doing.  Thanks, I must have something small messed up.  I'll figure it out.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: June 25, 2013, 09:57:03 am »

But what about NPCs? USAGE_HINT:ATTACK doesn't work with TARGET:SELF_ONLY.
._.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:35 am »

Make the spell do both an untargeted and targeted material emission, untargeted transmits the anti-magic syndrome. Not 100% reliable.

Or if nobody comes up with something smarter, you can do bouncing syndromes which let you do more complex interactions between two creatures. Something like:
Eat magic pie
get syn CAN_INITIATE_MAGIC_TRANSACTION.
CAN_INITIATE_MAGIC_TRANSACTION: add tag: MISCHIEVIOUS. cdi: free action: attack: MAGIC_RECIPROCITY.
MAGIC_RECIPROCITY: adds syn CAN_RECIPROCATE_MAGIC to enemy.
CAN_RECIPROCATE_MAGIC: cdi: RECIPROCAL_MAGIC_ENABLE: attack, free action. RECIPROCAL_MAGIC_ENABLE: target requires: MISCHIEVIOUS. Adds syn MAGIC_ENABLED to target.
MAGIC_ENABLED: cdi: MAGIC_SPELL: attack (100 phases, usage delay 200 phases). cdi: MAGIC_FINISH (start: 100 phases, end: 300 phases?) target: self only; no usage hint.
MAGIC_FINISH: add syndrome: remove tag. MISCHIEVIOUS

Would not work for the player character since you're just not going to want to do all those interactions yourself every time. The player character should instead get an interaction that gives them a syndrome that first enables magic for a short while and then burns it out. NPCs wouldn't know how to use that properly.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:24 pm »

Make the spell do both an untargeted and targeted material emission, untargeted transmits the anti-magic syndrome. Not 100% reliable.

Or if nobody comes up with something smarter, you can do bouncing syndromes which let you do more complex interactions between two creatures. Something like:
Eat magic pie
CAN_INITIATE_MAGIC_TRANSACTION: add tag: MISCHIEVIOUS. cdi: free action: attack: MAGIC_RECIPROCITY.
CAN_RECIPROCATE_MAGIC: cdi: RECIPROCAL_MAGIC_ENABLE: attack, free action. RECIPROCAL_MAGIC_ENABLE: target requires: MISCHIEVIOUS. Adds syn MAGIC_ENABLED to target.
MAGIC_ENABLED: cdi: MAGIC_SPELL: attack (100 phases, usage delay 200 phases). cdi: MAGIC_FINISH (start: 100 phases, end: 300 phases?) target: self only; no usage hint.

Would not work for the player character since you're just not going to want to do all those interactions yourself every time. The player character should instead get an interaction that gives them a syndrome that first enables magic for a short while and then burns it out. NPCs wouldn't know how to use that properly.

Couldn't you simply have the initial interaction give the target the ability to take away your magic?  The rest of the interaction's effects would need to be delayed a bit, just in case they're fatal.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: June 26, 2013, 03:35:31 am »

Eat magic pie

Couldn't you simply have the initial interaction give the target the ability to take away your magic?  The rest of the interaction's effects would need to be delayed a bit, just in case they're fatal.

Sure. But then you could have a magic spree occasionally if the creature is feeling lazy, and you would have free shots at any unconscious creature should think.
I don't know if they're more diligent about using attacks they gain, but when I made romance with interaction bouncing like this they usually took a little while after gaining it to use a new interaction... with the greeting hint, so could be that.

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: June 26, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

ran into a problem with my moon elves expedition leader position
I wanted the role to be female only however it seems males can take the position as well as females
Position:
   [POSITION:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
      [NAME:priestess:priestesses]
      [SITE]
      [GENDER:FEMALE]
      [NUMBER:1]
      [REPLACED_BY:MAYOR]
      [RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
      [PRECEDENCE:110]
      [DO_NOT_CULL]
      [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
      [DUTY_BOUND]
Did I do something wrong?
thanx in advance
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5323 on: June 26, 2013, 11:43:13 pm »

I believe how elected and noble positions work in fortress mode is that anyone can do it. However world gen has no problem accepting the requirements.

Someone that knows more about this will explain it better for you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: June 26, 2013, 11:47:25 pm »

No, requirements work just well. I am not sure about gender, but castes definitely work, so use a caste limitation instead.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 544