Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002227 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6675 on: December 05, 2013, 12:03:06 pm »

I'm trying to make a reaction which uses any organic refuse (body parts or corpses) as fuel. Anyone have any ideas as to how I might do this? I've never made a successful reaction before.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: December 05, 2013, 12:14:45 pm »

I'm trying to make a reaction which uses any organic refuse (body parts or corpses) as fuel. Anyone have any ideas as to how I might do this? I've never made a successful reaction before.

I haven't made any reactions that call for corpses before, but I know that the item tokens for corpses are CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:38 pm »

I haven't made any reactions that call for corpses before, but I know that the item tokens for corpses are CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE.

My current reaction is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I haven't adequately tested this yet. If anyone can tell me right now that it won't work/why, that's much appreciated.

TY for the CORPSEPIECE info. I missed that reading the page. I'll be making a seperate reaction to burn bodyparts, I suppose.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: December 05, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT]
^ is wrong.

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT is a product line, and there should be both material type and material parameters in place of that. Just replace it with NONE:NONE.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT]
^ is wrong.

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT is a product line, and there should be both material type and material parameters in place of that. Just replace it with NONE:NONE.

Thanks. I'll try this out.

EDIT: And then I'm back, because I can't figure out how to make this reaction available on the smelter menu.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:15:39 pm by MDFification »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »

Quote from: MDFification
My current reaction is:
I haven't adequately tested this yet. If anyone can tell me right now that it won't work/why, that's much appreciated.

TY for the CORPSEPIECE info. I missed that reading the page. I'll be making a seperate reaction to burn bodyparts, I suppose.

Reaction line and product line are both wrong

Corrected:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CREMATE_BODY]
[NAME:make ash from corpses]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:5:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Your product needs to ASH:NONE, not just ASH
Are you sure you want to use fuel?

I personally use a cremate vermin reaction to, but I use the kiln, and don't use fuel.

Edit:
To get the reaction to show up on the menu, you need to permit the reaction in the entity file

In the raw entity_default.txt, locate the ENTITY:MOUNTAIN (should be the first one).  If you scroll down you will find a whole bunch of tokens for PERMITTED_BUILDING and PERMITTED_REACTION.  Add your reaction to this list

[PERMITTED_REACTION:CREMATE_BODY]

You will need to regen your world.  Adding new objects (your reaction) and entity modifications require a regen.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:29:32 pm by Wannabehero »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »

My current reaction is:

You may find it useful to know that other modders have already created corpse-burning workshops. Maybe it would help to study their notes and code?

* There's Lazureus' Crematorium Workshop

* And, more recently, there's Profit's Item Annihilator with some optional Crematorium code.

But, you may have to fiddle with the code to get it to work right with the latest DF. And Profit warns about his workshop:
The crematorium is buggy. Sorry, nothing I can do about it currently. ->DO NOT USE IT FOR ANYTHING BESIDES VERMIN REMAINS<- I am working on getting the corpse and corpsepart tag respected but until then the reactions will use a bunch of things they should not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6682 on: December 05, 2013, 02:14:10 pm »

its actually not buggy. Hair, skin, and other useful refuse parts will be burned as well. Thats what he ment. Its unintentional, but factually correct. MDF also has a crematory, which uses Profits version as a basis.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: December 05, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

Thanks for your help everyone. All persons who advised/corrected my raws are getting thanked in my Freehold mod thread.

---

I'm going to edit the reaction before the final version. First, I'm considering moving it to the wood furnace (the smelter is already pretty crowded). Second, I'm going to make versions of the reaction that don't use fuel for the magma smelter. In either case, this could help reduce clutter (useless body parts also can be melted down) and provide a source of ash  that doesn't require fuel in the case of the magma smelter.

boddha

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6684 on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »

Hey guys, just reporting back in on precious metal weapons. This simple mod has been fun, my soldiers have grown attached to their golden spears and axes. For the record, I've noticed that modding in weapon materials causes caravans to carry them as well. For example, some caravans have shown up with golden axes to trade.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: December 05, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »

Werecreatures are hostile when transformed due to being [CRAZED] correct? So a creature that transforms into a non-crazed form shouldn't become hostile, is that correct?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: December 05, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

Werecreatures are hostile when transformed due to being [CRAZED] correct? So a creature that transforms into a non-crazed form shouldn't become hostile, is that correct?

So long as it isn't [CRAZED] or [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE], it shouldn't be hostile unless it was already hostile in the first place.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: December 06, 2013, 07:07:04 am »

If I change the number 1 in [CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED] will that change the time between vampire feedings or do I need to change a different part of the line?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: December 06, 2013, 10:13:50 am »

Thanks for your help everyone. All persons who advised/corrected my raws are getting thanked in my Freehold mod thread.

---

I'm going to edit the reaction before the final version. First, I'm considering moving it to the wood furnace (the smelter is already pretty crowded). Second, I'm going to make versions of the reaction that don't use fuel for the magma smelter. In either case, this could help reduce clutter (useless body parts also can be melted down) and provide a source of ash  that doesn't require fuel in the case of the magma smelter.

That all sounds good, but please note that custom reactions can't be enabled at the woodfurnace.  Smelter or kiln sound like the best two remaining options.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: December 06, 2013, 01:17:47 pm »

I'm trying to make it possible to make vampires easily in forts for a succession game. I decided to make a substance from a plant produce the effect but for some reason it crashes the game whenever I try to gen worlds with this in the RAWs.

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen blightblood]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:blightblood]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling blightblood]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:100]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
[EXTRACT_STORAGE:FLASK]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE:INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_CURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
[EXTRACT_STILL_VIAL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT]

As far as I can tell from experimentation it's the [CE:INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_CURSE] that's causing crashes, but I'm not sure how to achieve the effect I want without it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:20:18 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 544