Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002241 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6690 on: December 06, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

1. VAMPIRE_CURSE is not an interaction.
2. CE:INTERACTION does not exist.
3. You'll probably just want to copy+paste the vampire syndrome's effects in the interaction examples folder.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: December 06, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »

1. VAMPIRE_CURSE is not an interaction.
2. CE:INTERACTION does not exist.
3. You'll probably just want to copy+paste the vampire syndrome's effects in the interaction examples folder.

I copy/pasted the stuff I used from the vanilla vampire effect. I'll try by just giving it the vampire stuff directly, but my intent was to make it function like vampire blood.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MODcrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: December 06, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »

So... Having been inspired by the one from the Suggestion (waxed leather), I have been trying to make a reation to somehow "glaze" (well, the only possible improvement) an item made of leather with wax. The problem is: it does not produce any errors, but it also doesn't show up as a choice in the tanner's workshop's menu...

Here is the reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MODcrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: December 06, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

I HAVE found one mistake (missing number of second reagent) and corrected it, but it still doesn't work.

MODcrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »

Forgot to add in entity... well, and i call myself MODcrazy...  now testing, sorry for asking stupid questions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: December 06, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »

Glad we could help.

(there's an edit button in the top right of the post)

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: December 06, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm getting crashes when I try to use arena testing mode to spawn a newly added entity creature for testing.
I think it may have something to do with the graphics set, but I literally cannot figure out what is wrong with it.

I am using a modified Phoebus set, with some extra graphics that I believe are from an old Warhammer mod.

the creature raw entry

AND the relevant graphics.txt:

apart from the sheer messiness and wall of text-y-ness of it all, for which I apologise,
can anyone see a problem with what I've got that could be causing crashes?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: December 06, 2013, 08:20:11 pm »

BABY_SNATCHER isn't a creature token

not related to the crashes, but should be pointed out

also you should check your errorlog

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: December 06, 2013, 08:26:30 pm »

Ah thanks Putnam. What a silly mistake, that'll teach me for trying to do the creature and entity files at the same time...

Where do I find the error log? And will that tell me what line is causing the issue?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: December 06, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »

errorlog.txt, same level as dwarffortress.exe

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: December 06, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

OH! Wow! That's really helpful, thanks again Putnam, can't believe I've never found the errorlog before.

####EDIT####

Hmmm, I've cleaned up everything in the errorlog.txt. Got it down to one thing.
the errorlog was reporting that there is a missing material template for diaphragm.

So i removed all references to diaphragms in the text. No help. So I put all the references back.
Now I'm still getting the crashes, but the errorlog is always empty; it doesn't update.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

here are my cleaned up raws:
(the relevant DIAPHRAGM references are near the bottom)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:50:28 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:46 am »

MagmaWiki > DF2012:Mount

Note that goblins only have a single animal trainer, their general; if he falls (or, because of a bug, leaves the map), you will never see mounted goblin units again.

Q1: Has anyone figured out a workaround to this bug? I'd like to see more mounted goblin units.

Q2: Also, is the temperature of a dragon's breath somewhere in the raws? Or is it hard-coded? I'd really like to reduce that 50000 °U (which is over 4 times the surface of the Sun) down to a more realistic level...

Also, looking at the wiki page for magma, I read the "Raws" table at the bottom and noticed:

reconstructed from data extracted from memory

Q3a: This means that the temperature of magma is hard-coded, correct? Somebody must have carefully searched a memory dump with the game running in order to find this data?

Q3b: Is there any conceivable way to alter the temperature of magma? Perhaps through a patch to "Dwarf Fortress.exe" (as some have done to fix certain bugs)? Or maybe through a DFHack script? (I really, really want extra hot magma! :D )
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:32:12 am by Thundercraft »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: December 07, 2013, 01:03:26 pm »

MagmaWiki > DF2012:Mount

Note that goblins only have a single animal trainer, their general; if he falls (or, because of a bug, leaves the map), you will never see mounted goblin units again.

Q1: Has anyone figured out a workaround to this bug? I'd like to see more mounted goblin units.
That issue has been reported to be fixed, in which case the wiki is outdated. Do you feel it is still around?

Q2: Also, is the temperature of a dragon's breath somewhere in the raws? Or is it hard-coded? I'd really like to reduce that 50000 °U (which is over 4 times the surface of the Sun) down to a more realistic level...

Also, looking at the wiki page for magma, I read the "Raws" table at the bottom and noticed:

reconstructed from data extracted from memory

Q3a: This means that the temperature of magma is hard-coded, correct? Somebody must have carefully searched a memory dump with the game running in order to find this data?

Q3b: Is there any conceivable way to alter the temperature of magma? Perhaps through a patch to "Dwarf Fortress.exe" (as some have done to fix certain bugs)? Or maybe through a DFHack script? (I really, really want extra hot magma! :D )
Yes, magma proper and dragonfire are both hardcoded. Conceivably, a binary patch could change their values, if you know where to look and how to change it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: December 07, 2013, 07:51:44 pm »

I'm thinking about making a amorphous plus mod with modding but I don't know how to mod, any tips on how to get started.
Crack-a-lack-a

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: December 07, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »

I'm thinking about making a amorphous plus mod with modding but I don't know how to mod, any tips on how to get started.

I started learning by taking a look at existing things within the game that were similar to what I wanted to make and copying then building off of them.

There should be a few guides floating around, both on the forums and the wiki. Be sure to check the wiki for the various token lists.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 544