Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002318 times)

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6765 on: December 17, 2013, 01:36:18 am »

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a reaction using a component that's obtained via [ITEMCORPSE] to work.

The reaction is straightforward:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SANCTIFYBLOCK]
   [NAME:SANCTIFY BLOCK]
   [BUILDING:GRAVEFORGE:CUSTOM_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]
   [SKILL:BUTCHER]

It's using these two materials:
[INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Dwarf Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:11440]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2600]

[INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Sanctified Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131]
[IS_STONE]

The blocks are attained from this tag in creature_standard:
[ITEMCORPSE:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
The problem is that when a dwarf dies and turns into a block the block is put into the corpse stockpile instead of the block stockpile and it cannot be used in the reaction at all. If I create a block using dfhack it works fine, but the ones dropped by ITEMCORPSE don't work. I think there's some hidden tagging going on, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

I've also tried adding these tags to dwarves in entity_default:
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]

Do you guys have any idea what I can do to fix this or workaround it? I just need a straightforward way to get building materials out of a dead dwarf in a stable and repeatable fashion.

I have resolved this issue by implementing a syndrome that transforms a dwarf into a different creature, then attaching that syndrome to a material that can be created through a free reaction.

Here's the materials:
[INORGANIC:BLOCKSYNDROME]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:BLOCKSYNDROME][DISPLAY_COLOR:1:2:3][TILE:131]
[IS_STONE]
[BOILING_POINT:9001]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:9001]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:transformed]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:10000]
[CE:CREATURE:BLOCK_MW:DEFAULT]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:10:END:100]

[INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Dwarf Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
[IS_STONE]

[INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Sanctified Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131]
[IS_STONE]

Here's the creature:
[CREATURE:BLOCK_MW]
[DESCRIPTION:A creature that has been transformed into a stone block through dark magic.]
[NAME:block:blocks:block]
[CASTE_NAME:block:blocks:block]
[CREATURE_TILE:254][COLOR:0:0:1]
[NO_GENDER]
[IMMOBILE][NOBONES][NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP][NONAUSEA][NOPAIN]
[PREFSTRING:mysterious origins]
[BODY:BODY_WITH_HEAD_FLAG:2EYES:2LUNGS]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:300]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE:STONE]
[TISSUE_NAME:stone:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:SOLID]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[STRUCTURAL]
[MUSCULAR]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STONE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:50000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[SPEED:10000][SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:10000]
[ITEMCORPSE:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STONE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:10:GRAY:CHARCOAL]
[TLCM_NOUN:stone:SINGULAR]

And here's the reactions:
[REACTION:SANCTIFYBLOCK]
   [NAME:SANCTIFY BLOCK]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]

[REACTION:SACRIFICEBLOCK]
   [NAME:SACRIFICE BLOCK This Kills The Dwarf]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:BLOCKSYNDROME]

There's also code for the workshop, permitting the reaction, etc. that's not important. This simply create's a block of a material that instantly evaporates and turns any nearby dwarves into Block Creatures, which then drop a nice Dwarfbone Block when they die. This block can then be used in reactions, such as the one here which turns it into 5 of a different type of block.

This is all very convoluted but it allows a direct relationship between dead dwarves and number of block gained, without any of the stupid ethic problems.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6766 on: December 17, 2013, 10:27:31 am »

I'm trying to make a variation on the psychoactive toad, milkable for its extract, but where the effects of the extract change depending on what kind of vermin the toad eats.  So you could wind up with different effects by raising it in different biomes, where the vermin are different, effectively allowing you to get power from the biome itself.  I call it...the Geotoad.

But it's not working.

Anyone here ever do any work with CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION?  How would I go about giving a syndrome to the toad's extract?  The only example we have is with RESERVED_BLOOD (which I assume is a special token pointing to whatever the creature uses as blood), but there must be a way to make it work with other materials in the creature.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6767 on: December 17, 2013, 11:24:02 am »

I am quite sure the vermin hunters dont actually eat the vermin, and therefore never ingest any materials. Same for grazers. I havent tested, but I dont think that adding a syndrome to grass would add it to the grazing creature.

I can see how that would affect the toad if the idea worked, but the milk/extract? I dont see a way.

Why not disregard the vermin and use regional interactions? All deserts affect toads with X, all tundras affect toads with Y, all glaciers affect toads with Z... this way you can at least affect the toad, even if the idea with the extract is still far of. The only solution I see is transformation to change the extract. Have a deserttoad and a glaciertoad and so forth, and the regional interaction automatically transformes your one toad-creature into the fitting one for each biome.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:01 am »

I'm trying to make a variation on the psychoactive toad, milkable for its extract, but where the effects of the extract change depending on what kind of vermin the toad eats.  So you could wind up with different effects by raising it in different biomes, where the vermin are different, effectively allowing you to get power from the biome itself.  I call it...the Geotoad.

But it's not working.

Anyone here ever do any work with CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION?  How would I go about giving a syndrome to the toad's extract?  The only example we have is with RESERVED_BLOOD (which I assume is a special token pointing to whatever the creature uses as blood), but there must be a way to make it work with other materials in the creature.

I'm new at modding, so take this with a pinch of salt.

It sounds like you have a few different things you need to do.
1. Create syndrome
2. Create way to extract syndrome from creature
3. Create way to change creature based on diet

I've only messed with putting Syndromes on materials so far, but I think I see a good example of what you want to do in the raws for Cave Blob (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Cave_blob).

As for changing the creature based on diet, I'd recommend creating a second syndrome which causes transformation, associating it with the vermin in question and limit it's effects to the toads. So you'd make say 5 types of toads each with their own syndrome, and you modify 5 types of vermin to carry a syndrome which will transform 4 of the types into their type.

Of course I may be completely wrong.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6769 on: December 17, 2013, 12:43:18 pm »

I am quite sure the vermin hunters dont actually eat the vermin, and therefore never ingest any materials. Same for grazers. I havent tested, but I dont think that adding a syndrome to grass would add it to the grazing creature.

I can see how that would affect the toad if the idea worked, but the milk/extract? I dont see a way.

Why not disregard the vermin and use regional interactions? All deserts affect toads with X, all tundras affect toads with Y, all glaciers affect toads with Z... this way you can at least affect the toad, even if the idea with the extract is still far of. The only solution I see is transformation to change the extract. Have a deserttoad and a glaciertoad and so forth, and the regional interaction automatically transformes your one toad-creature into the fitting one for each biome.

While VERMIN_HUNTERs don't eat the vermin they kill, creatures with GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS do, and if you give a creature both tags, it will chase down and eat the creature if it matches.  I haven't tested if they'll acquire syndromes from it, but I do know that grazers DO get syndromes from the grass they eat (which is, admittedly, another way of turning biomes into effects, but I wanted a carnivore), so it doesn't seem unlikely that vermin gobblers got the same kind of attention (not sure which vermin material is used, so I'm giving the effect to all of its component materials).

I have tried using regional interactions, but sometimes they don't seem to work, even if they supposedly appear 100% of the time... and more importantly, they don't differentiate between tropical and temperate biomes, or cavern levels.  Vermin can be much more specific.

Anyway, what I'm really focusing on is trying to figure out the CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION tag.  While transformations could work (a different creature I'm making will use a similar system to transform based on it's biome), I'd like this one to be a little more subtle - as well as being able to have stacking syndrome effects.  Has anyone ever managed to use CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION for anything other than blood-borne curses?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6770 on: December 17, 2013, 01:37:33 pm »

I stand corrected. Hope you will find a way :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:22 am »

Anyone know why I am occasionally getting the errors;

Shearable Tissue LENGTH Was Not Used
Color Mod Ending With (PALE_BROWN,1) Was Not Used

in my error log? I can't see any differences between my raws and others, and whats worse is that some of my raws are almost the exact same as each other, and one will be fine but the other will give me an error.

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: December 18, 2013, 09:38:17 am »

erm, i am not an expert modder but i have a question.
how do i see how many babies come from on breeding time

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6773 on: December 18, 2013, 09:50:50 am »

erm, i am not an expert modder but i have a question.
how do i see how many babies come from on breeding time
[LITTERSIZE:1:2], with the numbers being min:max. So with 10:10, dwarves will always give birth to 10 kids at a go, or 1:10 it would be betweens these numbers, with an average of 5. Can be used on any animal that gives birth. CLUTCHSIZE is the fitting tag for animals that lay eggs.

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:09 am »

many thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6775 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »

Does the executionier skill and weapon conflict with the military skill/weapons, like miner/woodcutter/hunter?

Lets say I use this:
[RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
[EXECUTION_SKILL:HAMMER]

Will a military leader noble who is also hammerer drop his assigned weapon to get his punishment-hammer, or does he use the weapon he carries? In short: Can the executioner be a soldier as well?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: December 18, 2013, 05:50:18 pm »

Does the executionier skill and weapon conflict with the military skill/weapons, like miner/woodcutter/hunter?

Lets say I use this:
[RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
[EXECUTION_SKILL:HAMMER]

Will a military leader noble who is also hammerer drop his assigned weapon to get his punishment-hammer, or does he use the weapon he carries? In short: Can the executioner be a soldier as well?

Yeah, there are conflicts.

Anyone know why I am occasionally getting the errors;

Shearable Tissue LENGTH Was Not Used
Color Mod Ending With (PALE_BROWN,1) Was Not Used

in my error log? I can't see any differences between my raws and others, and whats worse is that some of my raws are almost the exact same as each other, and one will be fine but the other will give me an error.
It means that, for one reason or another, the tissue wasn't recognized. For the color mods, it could be that you're trying to put a color on a body part that doesn't have the tissue (the body hair body plan, for example, doesn't put hair on wings, as I recall).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: December 18, 2013, 05:58:52 pm »

Can someone guide me through the process of creating a creature's interaction? Like,say for example a syndrome inflicting one like the Rot Eyes interaction in Masterwork DF. Thanks in advance you guys  ;D
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: December 18, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »

For a creature to be able to make an interaction, it should have CAN_DO_INTERACTION.
Let's look at a cat.
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:CLEANING] - it means the cats can do the cleaning interaction. It's defined in a separate file:
[INTERACTION:CLEANING]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:creature]
[I_EFFECT:CLEAN]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_GRIME_LEVEL:2]
[IE_SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]

Then you should tell the creature how to use it and under which conditions:
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_SELF]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_FRIEND]
USAGE_HINT tells AI when to use interaction. If there's none, the creature will use it any time it can. It can be set to ATTACK, FLEEING etc. for various reasons. It can also be set to GREETING to make dwarves do something to other dwarves from time to time (i.e. buff them).

Another thing:
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:TONGUE]
You can ignore this, or you can make interaction to require a bodypart. Like hands for casting, for example.

Another one is how it's displayed in a log:
      [CDI:VERB:lick:licks:lick each other]
The first one is a first person ("you lick"), the second one is a third person ("cat licks") and the third one is mutual ("cats lick each other") and requires [CDI:CAN_BE_MUTUAL]. usually the third one is not used.

Then, it's target:
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ALLOWED:TOUCHABLE]
In this case the target must be in touchable range and it can be the creature itself. Replace TOUCHABLE with LINE_OF_SIGHT, and it will be a ranged interaction.
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1] defines range (1 tile max in this case).
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1] defines amount of targets possible at once. Set it to 3, and the cat can lick 3 cats (or rather usually 2 other cats and itself) at once if they are in range.
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10] defines how fast in game ticks it can be reused.

I suggest to look at existing interactions in MASTERWORK mod or my mods to see what can be done with effects. It's mostly about applying syndromes, so you need to have two browser tabs open:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Interaction_token - for the list of interaction tokens.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Syndrome - for the list of syndrome tokens.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:08:07 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

So I am trying to use CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID tokens in the body detail plans (and in the creatures raws themselves) but am encountering a rather annoying bug. The materials are all being applied to the creature, but when I butcher them nothing that is taken from the CREATURE_MAT tokens is dropping. For instance in the code below the only things that will drop when butchered are eyes and nerve tissue. Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:MATERIALS_LEVEL_4]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SKIN:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:SKIN_4]
[ADD_MATERIAL:FAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:FAT]
[ADD_MATERIAL:MUSCLE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:MUSCLE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:BONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:BONE_2]
[ADD_MATERIAL:CARTILAGE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:CARTILAGE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HAIR:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HAIR]
[ADD_MATERIAL:TOOTH:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:TOOTH_2]
[ADD_MATERIAL:EYE:EYE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:NERVE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]
[ADD_MATERIAL:BRAIN:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:BRAIN]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LUNG:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:LUNG]
[ADD_MATERIAL:HEART:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HEART]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LIVER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:LIVER]
[ADD_MATERIAL:GUT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:GUT]
[ADD_MATERIAL:STOMACH:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:STOMACH]
[ADD_MATERIAL:GIZZARD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:GIZZARD]
[ADD_MATERIAL:PANCREAS:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:PANCREAS]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SPLEEN:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:SPLEEN]
[ADD_MATERIAL:KIDNEY:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:KIDNEY]
[ADD_MATERIAL:LEATHER:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:LEATHER_4]
[ADD_MATERIAL:TALLOW:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:TALLOW]
[ADD_MATERIAL:SOAP:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:SOAP]

I know doing things like this works;
   [BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:BLOOD:LIQUID]
And even this seems to give me the correct blood in my creatures (tested by giving [CREATURE:ANIMAL] the name 'test' and seeing the creature bleed 'test blood')
   [USE_MATERIAL:BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:BLOOD]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

So I am unsure why I am having difficulties with the other creature mats.

Also, any thoughts on the shearable thing?
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 544