Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62

Author Topic: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 287293 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #855 on: January 02, 2014, 07:01:15 pm »

I'm looking for a crap-load of accessible Candy for a megaproject.

It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with too many distractions such as reanimating skeletal Moose or whatever.
Never pet a burning dog.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 02, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »

I'm looking for a crap-load of accessible Candy for a megaproject.

It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with too many distractions such as reanimating skeletal Moose or whatever.
Your best bet for maxxing out candy (other than exploits) is to increase "Levels above Layer 4" and "Levels above Layer 5" both to 100, and set your number of Caverns to 3 (three).

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:55 pm »

I've been trying to make this by tweaking things (thanks wierd for the help :) ) but my computer does not seem to handle rejections well. Any world i try to gen with a rejection eventually crashes during genning.
Basically i am looking for a world with an obscene amount of every type of enemy- goblins, elves, secret classes, max numger of meg and semi mega beasts/titans, all those and lots of evil and savagery, a river or stream, and a volcano-in a 1x1 embark ideally but 2x2 would work.
 Not even sure if that is possible.
How would i go about making that?
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:41 pm »

I've been trying to make this by tweaking things (thanks wierd for the help :) ) but my computer does not seem to handle rejections well. Any world i try to gen with a rejection eventually crashes during genning.
Basically i am looking for a world with an obscene amount of every type of enemy- goblins, elves, secret classes, max numger of meg and semi mega beasts/titans, all those and lots of evil and savagery, a river or stream, and a volcano-in a 1x1 embark ideally but 2x2 would work.
 Not even sure if that is possible.
How would i go about making that?
It's all trivial (easy to generate) except the volcano and stream in a 2x2.  Everything except that is quick and easy.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 03, 2014, 03:42:55 am »

I'm looking for an isthmus between a good and evil oceans that never freeze.

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:19 am »

Anybody know a good way to increase goblin population in worldgen early on in the game? I want my dwarves to be outnumbered about 10 years into history; not by much, but enough to make me sweat. Any ideas?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 03, 2014, 10:59:45 am »

Anybody know a good way to increase goblin population in worldgen early on in the game? I want my dwarves to be outnumbered about 10 years into history; not by much, but enough to make me sweat. Any ideas?
Goblins should always outnumber the dwarves as long as they're not fighting anyone else.  Especially if there are two Goblin civs.

You can control that by making the entire world badlands or swamp, and just a single mountain for the Mountainhome.  Then you can have as many Goblin civs as you want.

An example.

Reducing caverns, savagery, titans, semi-megabeasts, megabeasts, and demons will also help, as then it will mostly be the goblins as the primary enemies.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 04, 2014, 03:17:16 am »

Worldgenning noob here-How do i fix this? I was trying to create an insanely evil/difficult world and was changing anything that looked related to that- now i get
http://prntscr.com/2gdjek
I  tried to set the required number of every type square/region to 0, that didn't seem to fix it.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2014, 01:01:05 pm »

Worldgenning noob here-How do i fix this? I was trying to create an insanely evil/difficult world and was changing anything that looked related to that- now i get
http://prntscr.com/2gdjek
I  tried to set the required number of every type square/region to 0, that didn't seem to fix it.
Just increase subregions from 2750 to 5000.  That should be the only thing you have to change to fix that particular problem.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 31, 2014, 12:00:26 am »

I need help. I generated a world a while back that had one of the best challenge spots I've ever found: an isolated reanimating biome peninsula in a savage ocean area. I foolishly embarked, died, and didn't forcequit, and I don't want to reclaim but I have no clean versions of the world remaining. How do I regenerate a new copy of an old world? What files must I copy and what values must I paste?

Here's the world I want to regenerate: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8379
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:12 am »

Go Into legends mode. from there you should be able to get the gen info export through (p) from there in the main folder. (where you click the DF shortcut) You should have a txt document for the gen parameters including all the seeds. Copy and paste the information in the document into the embark_profiles txt document (at the bottom of the page) under Data->Init folder... you will want to name it something you would recognize. check the preferences for any ridiculous values before genning the world and make sure the first four settings are not set to random.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

Worked, thanks!
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

No problem, can't believe I still remember how to do that considering I only used it once wayy back around April I think...
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 16, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a set of world gen parameters for a large world that are likely to get me a 4x4 embark with a volcano on a minor/plain/major river, with soil, sand, a mix of shallow and deep metals, trees and flux. I like the idea of multiple biomes as well! I'm willing to do all the legwork myself with random seeds and searching, but there are people here far more experienced with the worldgen parameters than I. I'd prefer temperate or warm, low-ish savagery areas but I know that changing seeds changes those areas so they're not as important. No oceans please, they're just a waste of space. >.>

I've been playing with rivers min/max, erosion cycles etc but hoping the gurus in the forums can help me pinpoint a set of parameters that will maximise my chances of finding such a place! I've found a few on streams, plenty on brooks, using an edited version of params I found on reddit but I think they used perfect world (something that still remains a mystery to me) as the geography is identical every single time, only the rivers and volcanoes changing places. I'm fine with using a text editor to tweak past the maximum numbers - the aforementioned params have 8192 volcanoes and 1200 starting rivers as their numbers XD

Thanks!
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:40 am »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a set of world gen parameters for a large world that are likely to get me a 4x4 embark with a volcano on a minor/plain/major river,
Ledi, check out this post.  If it doesn't link to one that meets your requirements, let me know, and we can find something that does.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62