Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 256137 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:30 am »

The only way I ever manage to make any headway in Adv Mode is savescumming like crazy and metagaming myself some adamantine gear. Maybe I'm just bad at the game. :P

This is a cool thread. I am posting to it in order to add it to my "new replies" page.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2012, 09:15:07 am »

heh i almost never savescum cus i almost never die, i dont usually spend alot of time grinding either.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2012, 09:22:04 am »

heh i almost never savescum cus i almost never die, i dont usually spend alot of time grinding either.

How modest of you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Arthandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

hey arthandas, i think you should make a similar world where its all evil biome on a really small island inhabited by only the harder to kill mobs, and then start as a peasant and see how long you last grinding your skills and stuff up with no safe places to do so.

also firefox is trying to correct your name to "handcarts" so i think that should be your new name from now on.
Hey xotano, if I'd like to play a game where everything you do is running around slaying monsters then I would rather play Diablo.

also opera is trying to correct your name to "xxxoralo" so i think that should be your new name from now on.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:13 am »

Oy vey.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:53 am »

does armor user increase the chance to successfully make an armor save, or just decreases armor encumbrance?

Just armor encumbrance. The only thing on your side that affects deflection probability is the armor itself.

Rosomack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:39 am »

does armor user increase the chance to successfully make an armor save, or just decreases armor encumbrance?

Just armor encumbrance. The only thing on your side that affects deflection probability is the armor itself.

Thanks! I guess I should get used to being one-shotted with a punch to the head then...

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:01 am »

Hey xotano, if I'd like to play a game where everything you do is running around slaying monsters then I would rather play Diablo.
lols ok handcart, also diablo has quests, they just involve a lot of killin, kinda like adventure mode quests. if you dont like going around killin stuff, why would you play adventure mode or even be in the adventure mode part of the forums, thats mostly all you do in adventure mode.

from this point onward all your arguments are invalid due to the fact that you are a silly handcart.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:39:26 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:25 am »

hey arthandas, i think you should make a similar world where its all evil biome on a really small island inhabited by only the harder to kill mobs, and then start as a peasant and see how long you last grinding your skills and stuff up with no safe places to do so.

also firefox is trying to correct your name to "handcarts" so i think that should be your new name from now on.

also opera is trying to correct your name to "xxxoralo" so i think that should be your new name from now on.

lols ok handcart, also diablo has quests, they just involve a lot of killin, kinda like adventure mode quests. if you dont like going around killin stuff, why would you play adventure mode or even be in the adventure mode part of the forums, thats mostly all you do in adventure mode.

from this point onward all your arguments are invalid due to the fact that you are a silly handcart.

Guys You are having an argument on the internet. Quit it. It's immature.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2012, 11:22:19 am »

Oy vey.

You tried.  It was a noble effort.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2012, 11:27:47 am »

It's not so much an argument at this point as a mudslinging fight.  So it's actually even worse.

So yeah, consider yourselves both warned, you're cluttering up what was proving an awesome thread with a lot of unpleasant, off-topic junk.  I will personally invoke the Toad.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:23 am »

It's not so much an argument at this point as a mudslinging fight.  So it's actually even worse.

So yeah, consider yourselves both warned, you're cluttering up what was proving an awesome thread with a lot of unpleasant, off-topic junk.  I will personally invoke the Toad.

lol i cant wait for another story update but i was tryin to shut him up :P

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

Is it obvious now how you were making things worse?

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

Is it obvious now how you were making things worse?
well no not really, he hasn't re posted yet :3
sorry bout that tho xD

modified my above post so it was less large.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:40:11 am by Xotano »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39