Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244366 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #11265 on: January 09, 2016, 01:00:26 pm »

While I do agree that blaming things on them dirty foreigners isn't especially helpful, discounting differing values isn't a good thing. There's, without a damn doubt, places in the world where the social norms are absolutely horrifying in their regard for women and children. It's a matter of trying to bend those social norms into something acceptable, at least in our own neighborhoods, and without betraying our own values.
Yes. Americans abroad should be forced to assimilate into civilized societies that don't claim to own the bodies of their women and children. The long and brutal history of their homelives is a terrible thing, and the honor killings they've committed are unacceptable.

See what you can do when you take the worst examples of what happens in a place, and then use that to paint everyone as having those same values?

You can make a nonsensical point of fluff? Because sufficient rhetoric let's you claim anything you want, but that doesn't mean it's a useful or remotely accurate.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: January 09, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »

While I do agree that blaming things on them dirty foreigners isn't especially helpful, discounting differing values isn't a good thing. There's, without a damn doubt, places in the world where the social norms are absolutely horrifying in their regard for women and children. It's a matter of trying to bend those social norms into something acceptable, at least in our own neighborhoods, and without betraying our own values.
Yes. Americans abroad should be forced to assimilate into civilized societies that don't claim to own the bodies of their women and children. The long and brutal history of their homelives is a terrible thing, and the honor killings they've committed are unacceptable.

See what you can do when you take the worst examples of what happens in a place, and then use that to paint everyone as having those same values?

You can make a nonsensical point of fluff? Because sufficient rhetoric let's you claim anything you want, but that doesn't mean it's a useful or remotely accurate.
Countering hyperbole with hyperbole is an acceptable rhetorical device, I feel.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: January 09, 2016, 01:11:27 pm »

There is a distinction between "Women's right sucks in the Arab world" and "It's ok to rape and steal in Arab culture".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11268 on: January 09, 2016, 01:13:05 pm »

If a load of purple and yellow polka-dotted people came over here and started drinking tea, eating biscuits and discussing Coronation Street, they'd be welcomed with open arms. If anyone comes and starts spreading values contrary to our own - that (kafir) women are second-class citizens, that killing people over a cartoon is justifiable, or that homosexuality should be punished by death? Then it doesn't matter what ethnicity they have, a lot of people are going to be very troubled by that. And when it goes beyond just saying these things, and into the realm of atrocities such as Rotherham (where over 1400 children were sexually abused by gangs of Pakistani men, and the crimes were covered up and downplayed by the police and government for fear of being seen as racist), or the sexual assaults of Cologne and other cities we've been discussing? Of course that's going to prompt a lot of anger and calls for change.

To reduce these issues to 'having to deal with a bit more ethnic diversity' is ridiculously uninformed at best.
Actually you're wrong m8 on Rotherham, you forgot the Pakistani (and one Somalian, Afghan and one Syrian) rape gangs in Aylsebury1, Oxford2, Bristol3, Telford4, Birmingham5, Wycombe6, Rochdale 7, Burton8, Chesham9, Blackpool1011, Preston12, Brierfield13, Nelson14, West Yorkshire15, Barking16, Derby17, Keighley18, Peterborough19, Bradford20, Bristol21, Coventry22, Bolton23, Middlesbrough24 and there are more yet to be discovered, more yet to have their identities disclosed by the police or picked up by the news and of those, picked up by me.

I haven't even the heart to shitpost about this. From 2000-2010 "there was a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity"", a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" just to have the funniest round of political dickwaving. Hahaha. "Ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote". As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants." And we now see that without any selective process, we lost money on immigration due to them paying less in taxes. More immigrants means more labour voters, since most immigrants outside of the Commonwealth tend to vote Labour.
I mean they destroyed so much evidence and even arrested fathers for trying to rescue their own daughters. I don't know who's worse, the rape gangs or the authorities who supported them. Jack Straw's the most notable, for being both a minister responsible for mass immigration policies and for being one of the first MPs to cause absolute uproar by suggesting there were Pakistani gangs who saw English girls as meat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's soul crushing how many tens of thousands of English girls were abused and their rapists protected because labour wanted to look good and multicultimeluver. 12 year old girls raped by 60 men, schools having girls doped and abducted, girls passed around and sold for £600 nope, fuck that shit you weren't tolerant enough, you need more immigration to make this go away.
Anyways that's just the 4UK, I haven't even started on Sweden or Germany
But alas, I go now to bants with some m8s off in Jewish bit of London, been a while since I bantered there
I mean, Fuhrer Merkel is caught up in the outrage if it is just outrage.
I don't know, this sort of shit happening continuously in Europe is making me wonder if this isn't a politically-induced blind spot. I'll be joining LW at his EDL meetings in no time.
QFT, funniest bit is I'm not even English, I just have an aversion to letting my house burn down with the people I love still in it

As for Cologne I'll get to that tomorrow. First impression is loads of Germans got raped by legit Syrians and the police were mocked by both sides for ineptitude. I don't trust hearsay though.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: January 09, 2016, 01:13:11 pm »

Why does it feel like that's what several people are saying though.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: January 09, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »

The number of complaints filed with the Cologne police about new year's eve has now risen to 379, of which 40%  are women reporting being sexually assaulted.
According to the police "the majority of all perpetrators are refugees and illegal immigrants"

The German police has added more people to the taskforce investigating the reports. There's now over 100 officers on the case.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: January 09, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »

Lol, police use water cannons and so on against the people protesting the sexual assaults, but are nowhere to be found to actually protect their citizens from it in the first place.

Edit: Apparently there are also stories starting to pop up of similar assaults happening in Bielefeld.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:36:32 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: January 09, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

Lol, police use water cannons and so on against the people protesting the sexual assaults, but are nowhere to be found to actually protect their citizens from it in the first place.
To claim that Pegida is just protesting sexual assaults is quite literally propaganda for a Nazi-like group. To claim that the police is nowhere to be found to protect the German populace is an outright lie, even when applied to New Year's in Cologne.

By the way, you still haven't given me a source for rape being socially acceptable in Syria. Obtuse allegations are more your thing, apparently. Don't worry though - most of you are like that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: January 09, 2016, 06:04:45 pm »

I wonder, Helgo, you might know where to look for that. What's the "normal" rate of complaints for a NYE in Cologne?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: January 09, 2016, 06:16:14 pm »

Iunno - maybe I'll look for it later. It'll be difficult though, what with this mess clogging the search engine.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: January 09, 2016, 06:58:57 pm »

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

Probably because you have developed a reflex response to call people racist whenever you feel your ideals of multiculturalism is threatened.
Love, scriver~

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: January 09, 2016, 07:09:08 pm »

Probably because you have developed a reflex response to call people racist whenever you feel your ideals of multiculturalism is threatened.
Pfffft.

Why are you posting on a forum about a game primarily designed to encourage multiculturalism? Honest question.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: January 09, 2016, 07:10:45 pm »

...Wha? No, I wouldn't put that on DF's shoulders. Heck, the sheer amount of war and intolerance in the game suggests that it's pretty strictly historical about all that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: January 09, 2016, 07:12:20 pm »

Why are you posting on a forum about a game primarily designed to encourage multiculturalism? Honest question.
Say what now?  That doesn't make sense.
DF has nothing to do with multiculturalism or lack of.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: January 09, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

...Wha? No, I wouldn't put that on DF's shoulders. Heck, the sheer amount of war and intolerance in the game suggests that it's pretty strictly historical about all that.
War and intolerance exist, and will always exist. The goals of multiculturalism are to make the maximum number of people coexist despite conflicting agendas. In such, species coexist quite well in DF, and will continue to get even better at coexisting as reality is implemented. DF's entire purpose as a game is to slowly convert every elf hater to the multicultural agenda.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 759