Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)  (Read 166071 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do you develop it as you can, or can you accept modder's requests?

Basically, could you make the tile selection for plants, stone, gems, tools etc. in the same way as it works for creatures? It would totally replace raw tile selector for me then (so with a little icons next to all stuff which can have its tile changed, and with a popup tileset in the editing field, including values like ITEM_SYMBOL).

Also if you plan to develop it in future, an option to draw workshops on a popup "X x Y" grid would be awesome (like in WorkshopDraw).

If you could make those both options avaliable, I would vote for this tool as "the best modder's tool of all times" :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

Do you develop it as you can, or can you accept modder's requests?

Basically, could you make the tile selection for plants, stone, gems, tools etc. in the same way as it works for creatures? It would totally replace raw tile selector for me then (so with a little icons next to all stuff which can have its tile changed, and with a popup tileset in the editing field, including values like ITEM_SYMBOL).

Also if you plan to develop it in future, an option to draw workshops on a popup "X x Y" grid would be awesome (like in WorkshopDraw).

If you could make those both options avaliable, I would vote for this tool as "the best modder's tool of all times" :D.

It actually should already support the tile selector for plants and anything else that needs tiles.  The problem is that none of the other tokens are defined for them yet at the Df Tokens website.  Once people start going in there and entering the data about the different tokens, such as the argument names and their types this should automatically start working after you update the definitions from the "Help" menu.  I've been alternating back and forth between adding new features and entering some of the token definitions, but there are hundreds of them.  I can't do them alone, I need the help of the community.

As far as requests for specific features, I'll gladly listen to them and implement them if I can.  The workshop designer is something I thought of today at the gym, it's definitely something I want to implement when I have time.  Getting the tokens defined is my top priority though since that's where most of the functionality will actually come from (something needs to tell RE that the 3rd argument of token X is actually for a tile).  I'm hoping that once I have a working definition editor built in to Raw Explorer that more people will be willing to help define the tokens.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Just want to inform you of an error I found in the latest version.

So every time I started it up it failed to update the tokens and whenever I asked it to download the update version it gave me an error. Then I opened up your .exe file and saw that you had the wrong link listed for the download connection. The proper link should be http://dftokens.gumpstudio.com:8080/DownloadXml.ashx and if you paste this into the .exe file then it works fine.

Edit 1:Also I'm getting an error that showed up when I double clicked on a caste name:
Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.getUsageFromRowHandle(Int32 gvTokenRowHandle) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 473
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.gvTokens_CustomRowCellEditForEditing(Object sender, CustomRowCellEditEventArgs e) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 291
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.RequestCellEditor(GridCellInfo cell)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.ActivateEditor(GridCellInfo cell)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.ShowEditor()
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.BaseView.ShowEditorByMouse()
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridRegularRowNavigator.OnMouseDown(GridHitInfo hitInfo, DXMouseEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridHandler.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.BaseHandler.ProcessEvent(EventType etype, Object args)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.Handler.BaseViewHandler.ProcessEvent(EventType etype, Object args)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RawExplorer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/RawExplorer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/Common.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
DevExpress.Utils.v11.2
    Assembly Version: 11.2.10.0
    Win32 Version: 11.2.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.Utils.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.Data.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraBars.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.XtraBars.v11.2.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
DevExpress.XtraLayout.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/RawExplorer-alpha-9.2/DevExpress.XtraLayout.v11.2.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on Boot Camp if that's important.

Edit 2: Also I would love to help start really defining some of the tokens, but I'm not quite sure how some of the formatting works out, particularly with the "list" option.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:51:35 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

This 0.92 crashes with my new graphical version (0.95) of Post-Apocalypse mod. I know it's something with graphics, if I remove graphics folder contents it works. Could you check it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

huhwhozat

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels mysterious construction: taken by mood
    • View Profile

Brad, do you still want icons for insert, remove, etc.. as you mentioned before?  I noticed in your latest screenshot you have some shiny blue icons in place, but if you would still like some custom art for the program, please PM me with an email I can send a draft to.  If so I can put together something; I'm pretty decent, but I'm not a pixel art expert so don't expect too much.  Also, if there's any specific elements you want to appear in the icon, let me know in the PM.  Thanks!  This tool is going to be great, even moreso than it already is! :D
        Did you sense a disturbance in the dwarf?
        edit: ... as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
        edit2: I fear something delicious has happened.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

Just want to inform you of an error I found in the latest version.

So every time I started it up it failed to update the tokens and whenever I asked it to download the update version it gave me an error. Then I opened up your .exe file and saw that you had the wrong link listed for the download connection. The proper link should be http://dftokens.gumpstudio.com:8080/DownloadXml.ashx and if you paste this into the .exe file then it works fine.

Edit 1:Also I'm getting an error that showed up when I double clicked on a caste name:
Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.getUsageFromRowHandle(Int32 gvTokenRowHandle) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 473
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.gvTokens_CustomRowCellEditForEditing(Object sender, CustomRowCellEditEventArgs e) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 291
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.RequestCellEditor(GridCellInfo cell)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.ActivateEditor(GridCellInfo cell)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.ShowEditor()
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.BaseView.ShowEditorByMouse()
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridRegularRowNavigator.OnMouseDown(GridHitInfo hitInfo, DXMouseEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridHandler.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.BaseHandler.ProcessEvent(EventType etype, Object args)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Base.Handler.BaseViewHandler.ProcessEvent(EventType etype, Object args)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on Boot Camp if that's important.

Edit 2: Also I would love to help start really defining some of the tokens, but I'm not quite sure how some of the formatting works out, particularly with the "list" option.

Thanks for the bugs!  I fixed the update url, and I think I fixed the crash on double clicking a caste (I wasn't never able to reproduce it myself, but you error text showed the line number where it happened).  I'll have the new version uploaded just as soon as I take a look at the other bugs people reported over night.

The format the "list" type is pretty easy, just separate each option with a space.  For lists it's easiest to place them inside their own typeData element inside the argument.  Here is an example from the DEFAULT token in graphic sets, It also shows the format for "lookup".  I may have left out some of the options on that last argument, if I did feel free to add them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

This 0.92 crashes with my new graphical version (0.95) of Post-Apocalypse mod. I know it's something with graphics, if I remove graphics folder contents it works. Could you check it?

Testing it now.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

Brad, do you still want icons for insert, remove, etc.. as you mentioned before?  I noticed in your latest screenshot you have some shiny blue icons in place, but if you would still like some custom art for the program, please PM me with an email I can send a draft to.  If so I can put together something; I'm pretty decent, but I'm not a pixel art expert so don't expect too much.  Also, if there's any specific elements you want to appear in the icon, let me know in the PM.  Thanks!  This tool is going to be great, even moreso than it already is! :D

Yep, I'm still interested in graphics for those toolbar items, and especially an application Icon.  The current toolbar items are just place holders.  I'm not really happy with what I currently have, but it's hard to find icons that are free, have the same feel, and have the meaning I'm looking for.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

Testing it now.

Are you getting any crash error text?  I'm not able to reproduce it with your mod version from this link http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6106 (is that the right one?)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No, the graphical version: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6117

It's something with graphics_***.txt files.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio

No, the graphical version: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6117

It's something with graphics_***.txt files.

Found and fixed!  You have a duplicate object it was choking on.  I'm uploading a new version now.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
Re: New Modding Tool: Raw Explorer (Alpha 10 - Updated 4/7/2012)
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2012, 02:04:31 pm »

Alpha 10 has been uploaded.  See the first post for the download.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2012, 02:07:55 pm »

Thank you, you patched it really quickly!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2012, 05:48:14 pm »

I took a little time and threw up some descriptions for 50ish tokens and a few descriptions/arguments for those with them.
Spoiler: Here's the list (click to show/hide)

Also I discovered 2 creature tokens that (probably because they don't occur in vanilla DF) didn't show up on your token list.
OPPOSED_TO_LIFE
MATUTINAL

Lastly I wanted to do the temperature tokens (FIXED_TEMP, HOMEOTHERM, etc.) but I couldn't quite figure out how to get it to accept the degreesUrist type and if it required a subtype or not.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2012, 05:55:45 pm »

I took a little time and threw up some descriptions for 50ish tokens and a few descriptions/arguments for those with them.
Spoiler: Here's the list (click to show/hide)

Also I discovered 2 creature tokens that (probably because they don't occur in vanilla DF) didn't show up on your token list.
OPPOSED_TO_LIFE
MATUTINAL

Lastly I wanted to do the temperature tokens (FIXED_TEMP, HOMEOTHERM, etc.) but I couldn't quite figure out how to get it to accept the degreesUrist type and if it required a subtype or not.

You ROCK!  I went through and accepted all your submissions.  They should show up now when you update the definitions via the "Help" menu in Raw Explorer.

The temperature type acts just like an integer, but it has a maximum bound of 60000.  It doesn't require any typeData unless you want to set your own upper and lower bounds.  If you do the format is just the "lowerBound upperBound".  Same as for integers.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37