Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 789194 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1320 on: December 29, 2013, 09:18:27 pm »

No: if an area is completely blocked off from access to the borders of the embark at the surface creatures will not appear in that area. They can wander in after it's opened up, though. Also, does linking caged creatures to a lever before abandoning still work to keep them in the cage?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 29, 2013, 09:37:37 pm »

I am pretty sure I have explored forts before with caged creatures, like a cage full of {rotten cat corpse}. I have chained up vampires and they have escaped readily.

Having said that when I explored Crimsondepths there were FBs and minotaurs and goblins all over the place and you indicated they were all caged up when you abandoned...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:47 pm »

They were caged, but the cages were neither built nor linked to a lever, which is necessary for keeping them in the cages as far as I know.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 30, 2013, 02:55:03 am »

Definitely test the setup with cages before embarking on a large project. As kesperan noted there are issues with creatures breaking free or dying. If I recall corectly, for non-caged creatures survival or death works differently for pets or non pets, historical vs non-historical creatures, also age might be an issue for short lived creatures if your fortress is visited yearslater, there could be lots of other factors.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:58:39 am by Bralbaard »

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 30, 2013, 06:33:20 am »

I will test this thoroughly, otherwise it'd just be a waste of time.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 02, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »

How's the fort coming along NAV?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 03, 2014, 01:31:54 am »

WHAT?!?! KASLUN IS DEAD

YOU MONSTERS

Wheres the story of his death.

... he didn't even get to live to a 100 years old... I am saddened.

I'm signing up for a new turn of the museum.

I must make a new legacy.

I wonder if the new version will be out by then... eh probably not.

CURSE YOU KESPERAN!!!!!

Now i need to choke the everliving kobold in the catacombs to raise my skills
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:41:05 am by Kromgar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 03, 2014, 02:02:51 am »

Man, she just can't get a break, can she?
I make Spellcrafts!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 03, 2014, 04:03:34 am »

CURSE YOU KESPERAN!!!!!

Er... hi!

The story of Kaslun's death... he got beheaded by an adamantine battle axe by me in a crazy melee with all the retired adventurers. Sorry.

Before I waded in I looked to see if anyone still in there had an upcoming turn and nobody did... At least he went down fighting!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 03, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

CURSE YOU KESPERAN!!!!!

Er... hi!

The story of Kaslun's death... he got beheaded by an adamantine battle axe by me in a crazy melee with all the retired adventurers. Sorry.

Before I waded in I looked to see if anyone still in there had an upcoming turn and nobody did... At least he went down fighting!

Did you loot my corpse?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 04, 2014, 11:14:09 am »

Actually one of my objectives for my next turn will be to move all the equipment out that room. There's loads of useful stuff there!

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 04, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Where did this happen?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 04, 2014, 02:02:05 pm »

Actually one of my objectives for my next turn will be to move all the equipment out that room. There's loads of useful stuff there!

I have my next character planned now... too bad it will be quite awhile till I get my turn.

So are you going to inter the bodies in the tomb of heroes? Also i think you should totally put everyones gear inside the tomb atleast that way they arn't disserviced terribly by being killed and robbed.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:04:21 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »

Hey, remember all those mummies I awakened when Bora first started his adventures? Yeah... Have fun with those "abandoned and perfectly safe" lairs.

Yeah, I remember those .. I suspect one of those ended up haunting the tomb of heroes, it probably came from one of the nearby lairs and followed me into the site. It ended up killing quite a few adventurers too.

So your telling me a resurrected mummy began haunting a tomb for heroes?

This game... so they can actually wander around the world too?

This is too funny

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 04, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

Hey, remember all those mummies I awakened when Bora first started his adventures? Yeah... Have fun with those "abandoned and perfectly safe" lairs.

Yeah, I remember those .. I suspect one of those ended up haunting the tomb of heroes, it probably came from one of the nearby lairs and followed me into the site. It ended up killing quite a few adventurers too.

So your telling me a resurrected mummy began haunting a tomb for heroes?

This game... so they can actually wander around the world too?

This is too funny
Yes, it appears that mummies and other named creatures with a kill list can take up residence in lairs and certain other sites once the area is reloaded, if the original owner of the lair had been killed. I have often enough found random fish in otherwise empty lairs (they tend to die of suffocation after a few turns). Though I think Pie Maker killed the mummy haunting the Tomb during his turn, so it should be safe unless another creature has taken up residence there.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 162