Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3863544 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14415 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:03 pm »

You needn't have known specifics, Morul, but given where you are, assuming something like that is a non-threat is very wistful thinking.

((Xantalos, you said what we were all probably thinking.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: June 06, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »

"So? Maybe I'm an optimist. And besides, did I say non-threat? I said, I had no idea that it would use lasers."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: June 06, 2013, 09:42:18 pm »

((Heading out on my own now, as I don't have much in the way of ordinance. Complain if you wish.))

"Well, looks like we have enough heavy weapon out there, so I'll keep up the mission parameters. I'm gonna head out and go exploring, past the weird invisible noise zone. Let's see if we robots are affected."

Gather my gauss rifle and gear (Nutri-Packs for several weeks) and head out towards the weird head voice zone.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: June 06, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »

"May the gods bless this flight.  May the light of Steve illuminate your way, Mesk."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: June 06, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »

"So mesk, what are your thoughts so far?"
talk to mesk.
"I try not to."
Liftoff, fly to destination of Miyamoto's choosing, avoiding anomalies on the way.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: June 06, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »

"Heh, go ahead. I've tasted worse and I won't even feel it. Literally."

Follow Miyamoto's lead.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:04 am »

Lukas

"Hey guys, you think that it is possible that this is just the planet's way of creating new rivers? I agree with Miyamoto that the crystal might not even notice or care that we are around. Maybe this planet is some hyperadvanced Gaia-like entity.

Move closer to the crystal and ponder on its purpose.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: June 07, 2013, 05:56:58 am »

To ALL:"Is there anyone else equipped with amps or manipulators of the microwave or higher band because if there are then I have plan to defeat the crystal"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14423 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:43 am »

To ALL:"Is there anyone else equipped with amps or manipulators of the microwave or higher band because if there are then I have plan to defeat the crystal"
"Yeah, I was thinking something similar. That thing has charged with power. If we cool it down with manipulators it might stop doing whatever it is it's doing and go back to sleep."

See if I could use the pole and my robostrength to climb down.
See if I could use my jump rockets to jump to safe ground below. (I imagine the canyon is a bit curved so I can stand near the bottom without entering the liquid).
See if I could jump down with the rockets and use the pole to anchor myself to the wall near the bottom.
If any of these are possible, do the safest, get a sample and get out, again via either climbing or rockets, whatever is safest.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:49:16 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14424 on: June 07, 2013, 11:51:48 am »

"Hey, uh, anyone there? Hello? Figures they'd forget me. All I did was shoot a hole in the shuttle."

Try and escape the bindings.
You struggle against the bed's bindings but it seems like they were specifically designed to keep people from wriggling out of them. Hmm. Brute strength isn't going to work in this case. At least not the kind of brute strength you possess.

play with moruls gun and make plans to amputate his trigger finger when i get back.

Punishment fitting the crime and all that.

Morul's gun is disinterestingly ordinary,just a gauss rifle.

Plans to amputate his limbs are much more interesting. You decide that scissors may be too harsh and that a cheese grater might be just hilarious enough to counteract the harshness.

((Does it mean you won't be posting it as a link every turn? Maybe we can then have it on a signature?
Also, a request to get added to the map, and to finally remove that Red Team marker above the seven pink hexagons.))

To myself and Zephyris: "Well, we're here. Hopefully safe. And the MPV's out of power as well. I suppose it'll have to live up to it's name when we move again.

I think it's a good idea to weather the storm here. Better to disperse and trust the distance when those things strike. I don't think even the Life Support bunker would protect us. You know, this whole laser that can make craters, some idiots trying to destroy it, this waiting at the periphery, the whole ordeal just reminds me of that Spitakasar mountain... maybe not on that level, but still.

Now, why don't you be a good girl and go to sleep right now. Or soon. Seeing as there's two of us guarding this supply train, at least one person should be awake at all times. And I've just rested. Unless you want to hear the screams of our dying teammates that will probably soon be happening, some people quite enjoy that. Well, I'm not really fazed by those."

Check how the fuel in those drones I took with me compares with the fuel required by the MPV.
Seeing as I am quite close to the forest of banderloga bugs, take several sizabke food items, and lay the out in a semicircle facing the forest, a hundred meters from the MPV.
Then read HMRCP, occasionally raising my head to check how the food items are doing, and tuning in to what's happening.

((Not much to do but to wait this out.))
Fuel from the drones might work. Might.
And you're not really close to the forest, I've updated the map with your position.
Now, that HMRCP, you want just a random page or wanna start at the beginning?

((Yea, I still have that kilo of Aster-EX. I might end up using it as a satchel charge if I must.))

To Morul: Nobody's forgotten you or what you've done, Morul. We're just preoccupied with the giant crystal that just carved a massive chasm across half the planetoid, very nearly destroying the base. Which, if you hadn't shot us down, might have been disabled before it could. Great job, Migrurkeshin. We'll decide on your punishment when we return.

Consider if where I am has the behemoth within the launcher's range. If not, move up until I am within range, out of the others' (especially Lukas') line of fire.
We'll just consider that miyamoto's group (Paris, you, corsair, radio, etc) are all following along with the crystal. Because it moves one tile each turn and you guys seem to be having a hard time keeping up with it. If you're gonna do something I suggest you do it sometime soon, since it's gonna keep moving regardless.

((Heading out on my own now, as I don't have much in the way of ordinance. Complain if you wish.))

"Well, looks like we have enough heavy weapon out there, so I'll keep up the mission parameters. I'm gonna head out and go exploring, past the weird invisible noise zone. Let's see if we robots are affected."

Gather my gauss rifle and gear (Nutri-Packs for several weeks) and head out towards the weird head voice zone.

Lets say you make it up to where vich is currently camped out.

"So mesk, what are your thoughts so far?"
talk to mesk.
"I try not to."
Liftoff, fly to destination of Miyamoto's choosing, avoiding anomalies on the way.
You fly the mini-shuttle over to Miyamoto's group, taking a long way around to avoid anomalies and giant walking crystals.

"Last stop, suicide mission against our new alien overlords. Everybody off."

Lukas

"Hey guys, you think that it is possible that this is just the planet's way of creating new rivers? I agree with Miyamoto that the crystal might not even notice or care that we are around. Maybe this planet is some hyperadvanced Gaia-like entity.

Move closer to the crystal and ponder on its purpose.
Hard to say what it's purpose is; but that orange fluid it's producing looks a hell of a lot like the orange fluid the crystal was born from. That might mean something.

"Yeah, I was thinking something similar. That thing has charged with power. If we cool it down with manipulators it might stop doing whatever it is it's doing and go back to sleep."

See if I could use the pole and my robostrength to climb down.
See if I could use my jump rockets to jump to safe ground below. (I imagine the canyon is a bit curved so I can stand near the bottom without entering the liquid).
See if I could jump down with the rockets and use the pole to anchor myself to the wall near the bottom.
If any of these are possible, do the safest, get a sample and get out, again via either climbing or rockets, whatever is safest.

You use your jump rockets to descend to the bottom with a few carefully timed bursts. You land next to the fluid and scoop up a container's worth. As you straighten up and attach the lid to the container you notice that the crystalline creature has pointed a single one of it's hundred legs at you.

Map
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvvfviqlvkl3i9t/overall%20map.png

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:45 am »

Join Miyamoto then take out laser rifle.

"Reporting for duty."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »

((Paris, can you update your notes as to who's in the suicide squad, who's back at the base, and who's a coward? And good luck with the tentacle.

Also, does kisame have to roll a will save for his action?))

At the beginning it is.

And okay, no food spreading around. Also, that's far away, but I'm okay with it.

"Nice of you to join us. (name?).

Guarding the supply train, or any other reasons?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:59:44 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14427 on: June 07, 2013, 12:47:36 pm »

((No can do. Don't expect any updates until this situation is resolved and this month ends.))

"Oh, shi-"

Fire rockets! Get out of here and out of range of that thing! Dodge, dodge, dodge! If that thing is still bothering me after I exit the canyon, make my way towards the black towers in the lake-bed so that I can hide behind one. Try to stay away from teammates during my escape. ((Hopefully I didn't go down the canyon near my teammates but further back then that.))

Make it not be a laser, make it not be a laser, make it...

((I think that it won't shoot lasers (more likely to shoot crystals, or maybe try to catch me with a crystal claw or something) since lasers would mean it would risk hitting that thing I just sampled and it obviously cares about that. Unless it's either a stupid crystal or a super accurate ninja crystal.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »

Try and scrape my hand on the strap holding it down until it starts to bleed. Use the blood as a lubricant, and try and pull my hand out.

((Also, because of the way you worded the shot, would I have IC knowledge of things like Mesk's nanobots? Or would I have been too busy lining up the shot to notice?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: June 07, 2013, 05:29:19 pm »

Enter weird head-noise zone, and see if it affects me. If it does, back out and start heading around.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1256