Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808790 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2 starting soon. Enlist now!
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2012, 01:44:15 am »

(I know you meant your arm, it's just that Jim's body had the same description as Milno's arm.)

(EDIT: Actually, while I'm thinking about it... would it be possible to spend tokens to upgrade the durability of Jim's new body, or give it otherwise neat little tricks... like, for example, wristmounted flamethrowers, increased armor around the chest, or a form of sonar or radar? :3)
Sure. Thats where the "etc" part of the armory comes into play. Ask the armory master about upgrading something or adding something and She'll do her best to hook you up. Flamethrowers, though, may not be the best idea. Remember that Ivan took a bunch of molten metal to the legs to HEAL himself.

Your body already does have some stuff built in, but you would have to talk to the doc or armory master or just..ahem..fool around with yourself to find out what they are. There are tons of secrets and unlisted functionalities for things if people are willing to play around with them. Laser rifles, for instance, can have the properties of the beam modified to do anything from extend battery life to make what amounts to a heat shotgun.

>> After everyone has been given a chance to ask questions or say they have none, the briefing will adjourn and you'll all be free to do what you please till the next mission. This includes the standby guys. We'll also do the casting for the next mission at that time. Of the current group, Faith, Feyri and Ivan will be eligible if they decide to volunteer. Any standbys may volunteer as well. First come first serve.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:49:45 am by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2012, 01:48:11 am »

"I suppose I can make one. It doesn't have to function, anyway. It's the look of the thing. It'll be a good way to get used to manipulating tools in this body." He looked at his hands. This was going to take some real getting used to. "I don't think I'll be coming along on the next mission. Too clumsy right now," he said, standing. He went to the armory to speak to the woman there about replacement clothes and ask what, exactly, had been installed on this platform housing his brain.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2012, 02:59:53 am »

((This game is kind of making me want to make a game somewhere between X-COM and a space opera. :3))

"I knew it!" Faith exclaimed, hitting her hand on the table. "Why on earth didn't you want to examine them? Also, is there any chance of reviving them...?"

[2 points in Auxilliary, 1 point in Medical; 5 points in Dexterity]
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2012, 06:02:24 am »

((NINE TOKENS?! Can't it be lower? I didn't do much... And...no bonus for Jim for his entrance sacrifice?

Also, requesting updated character sheet.))

Feyri looked at the others while counting the tokens given to her. It was good, everyone was alive given the survival rates heard of other teams. She wondered if another mission would suit her, in her current condition.

It took more than a week to get to know her allies that talked and thought around her. Being in a new team was...unusual. She had no idea how to describe it. It was like being separated once more from people you grew to trust.
...They waited there for thousands of years for someone to wake them and you slaughtered the lot of them with complete indifference, destroying forever that race of advanced beings. Good for you.

She could feel her innards imploding on themselves upon hearing this statement. It was true, she was indifferent to killing; but to kill without purpose was an act to abhor.

She wondered, if a mutiny would help their case...

"So I take it, Milno and Jim won't be able to recuperate in time for the next mission? Who else are going to be in the roster? I'd like to meet them and say a few words before they leave.

"And...nothing has changed in the Armory, right?

". . .We've murdered a whole race."

Edit: Poor transhuman Jim. At least the class fits.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:42:04 pm by Tiruin »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2012, 07:11:56 am »

im in, though i dont know if you want me to rp myself in.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2012, 09:05:58 am »

Also, requesting updated character sheet.))
Cancel that. I think I found it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level Up!

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)

Placeholder:

From 9 tokens:

> Laser Rifle (2) with 1 Battery (1)

> Tesla Sabre (5)

>Hand Jim one token. Because I can.

((I'm glad the other two got more tokens from their treasure hunt :3

Also, Laser Rifle + Monoatomic Razor = 4 tokens. Why did I get three?

Noticed that Strength is a major requirement to wield anything important as a weapon, mostly.

Question on that Sabre. It needs to be activated to work it's battery and it also works as a regular sabre without power, right?))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:41:49 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 14, 2012, 09:30:55 am »

(I'll take that token, since it came from a weapon you stole off mah corpse. :P)

While there, Jim buys a CamEyes implant (or upgrade, anyway) for five tokens and saves the other one for now asks about what other kind of upgrades might be possible for a token.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:32:33 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2012, 09:33:10 am »

((If I didn't get your razor, it would be stuck back on that planet  :P
I didn't steal it, per se, I recovered it.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 14, 2012, 10:59:15 am »

((No mention was made to the painkiller debt. Sigh. I'll be keeping records on that and I'll also use the basic market interest rate. Expect having to pay me 10 tokens after a month.
Edit: You probably got three simply because most of the rifle's battery was spent when you turned it in.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:10:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #579 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »

((This game is kind of making me want to make a game somewhere between X-COM and a space opera. :3))

"I knew it!" Faith exclaimed, hitting her hand on the table. "Why on earth didn't you want to examine them? Also, is there any chance of reviving them...?"

[2 points in Auxilliary, 1 point in Medical; 5 points in Dexterity]

>Reviving them? Probably not. It's hard enough to revive humans and we know all about them. These things are living crystals. Scientists don't have a damn clue.

>So it looks like we have no more questions. You're adjourned. You may begin volunteering for the next mission now.

From 9 tokens:

> Laser Rifle (2) with 1 Battery (1)

> Tesla Sabre (5)

>Hand Jim one token. Because I can.

((I'm glad the other two got more tokens from their treasure hunt :3

Also, Laser Rifle + Monoatomic Razor = 4 tokens. Why did I get three?

Noticed that Strength is a major requirement to wield anything important as a weapon, mostly.

Question on that Sabre. It needs to be activated to work it's battery and it also works as a regular sabre without power, right?))

And yes, while activated the sabre drains it's battery and no, it does not work as a sabre when not on. When not on it's just a handle.

Also, 3 tokens because your rifle was used. Refunds aren't always complete.

You leave the briefing room, a bit depressed about your whole "alien genocide" revelation, and head to the armory to buy yourself some things to cheer you up.

You slide your tokens through the slot and the armory master hands you a laser rifle and extra battery as well as a a Tesla Sabre. You sling the rifle on your back and hang the extra battery and tesla sabre handle from your belt. You feel a little bit better.

(I'll take that token, since it came from a weapon you stole off mah corpse. :P)

While there, Jim buys a CamEyes implant (or upgrade, anyway) for five tokens and saves the other one for now asks about what other kind of upgrades might be possible for a token.

Feyri hands you a token and you walk to the Armory, clanking along like the tin man without oil.

"One Cameyes please." you say, handing over 5 tokens. You're still not used to the mechanical tone of your voice.

The armory master narrows her eyes at you and then types something into a keypad on her counter.

"They're in the infirmary. Doc will install them."

"Also, do you think I could get a longcoat and gas mask? Or the parts to make something that looks like a gas mask?"

The armory master taps her fingers for a few seconds, thinking. "I've got a Civic Defender's Long coat in the back. You know'em right? Got reactive carbon nanofibers weaved in. Soft as silk until something hits it at high speed, then it becomes harder then steel for an instant. Reactive armor. 3 token. As per parts to make a mask...well the doc might have broken respirators around and I can get some goggles from the maintenance boys. 2 token."

"Anything I can get for one?"

She shrugs. "New paint job? Pair of metal, replica dangliy bits? Not much I can think of."

"Um, one last thing...can you tell me anything about this body here? I'm new to it and they neglected to give me a manual."

The armory master rocks back in her chair and gives you a quick once over.

"Standard Brain bot looks like. Well, you've got lots more eyes now. Got two under that plastic face shield, those are the ones the cam eyes will replace,  one on the back of your head, one on the tip of each pointer finger, one on the instep of each foot, and one on the side of each arm. 360 degrees of vision. All ya gotta do is think about looking out of each one to see.Word of warning though, don't try to do more then two eyes at a time. Human brain is hardwired for 2. You start doing 3 or more and you're going to get nothing but a blur and a headache.

You're heavier now too. About, oh, 300 pounds. Your limbs are strengthened enough to get you around like a ballerina to compensate though. As a consequence of this weight and new strength you're gonna pack more ooph into your punches and kicks if you use em. Not super human, mind you, just professional kick boxer levels.

You've got the standard light amps for your eyes and lamps as well. Oh, and the brain buffer. Since that bot is plugged straight into your brain it's designed to cancel interference and stabilize abnormalities. Long story short, it will help protect you from the feed back effect of Amps. Not make you immune, mind you, just help."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »

The armory master taps her fingers for a few seconds, thinking. "I've got a Civic Defender's Long coat in the back. You know'em right? Got reactive carbon nanofibers weaved in. Soft as silk until something hits it at high speed, then it becomes harder then steel for an instant. Reactive armor. 3 token.
((...I had already forgot about these custom orders. How does that long coat look and are there more expensive (and overall better) cool-looking equipment? Because I got some tokens and I was mostly thinking about spending all of them for the sake of mobility. Long coats are nice, though.
Ahem, aside from that, do anyone wants to borrow tokens from me at a high interest rate? I'll kill you and eat your hamburguer afterwards if you don't pay, though. Winkwink.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Preparing for take off (players needed)
« Reply #581 on: April 14, 2012, 12:41:47 pm »

Spoiler: Ivan Yankovichy (click to show/hide)
BTW, the +1/+2's are to denote which skills I'm adding to. They're already figured in.
Head to the armory.
"Have anything light but strong that will keep me alive?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:02:15 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 14, 2012, 01:00:13 pm »

((Milno: Feyri does not forget her debts. You'll have yours coming.

And Jim got an upgrade. I wonder if that affects his skills in using Exotic weapons?

Scelly9, I think you should edit the additions. It looks like you're already adding to another bonus. A +5 to a +5, including the skills.))

Proceed solemnly back to the briefing room.

Look for any new recruits.

Examine Blade Handle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 14, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »

((@Feyri: You are actually building your character the same way I was going to. Buuh...Boring.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 14, 2012, 01:28:19 pm »

((@Feyri: You are actually building your character the same way I was going to. Buuh...Boring.))

((Planning to? I thought everyone else was taking robotics and Auxiliary systems? I just want to make sure my leg doesn't get broken once more.))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1256