Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3861817 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: One down.
« Reply #2745 on: May 13, 2012, 10:11:09 pm »

"Zombie...hands, Jim? Zombies? We're dealing with Vodou?!" Feyri said, her knowledge reaching out to archaic lore on culture and religion.

She shrugged as Jim pointed the way. "Well, finally something to clear out!

. . .

Hey, did anyone take care of the corpse in the Transmitter room?"

Lead the way, clearing it with mine Laser Rifle! Aim for the head, for they were organic once!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 13, 2012, 10:15:20 pm »

Jim's emoticon went .... "I think maybe I had better stay away from the rest of you for now." He turned and headed back into the showers to complete his search.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 13, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »

"Wait, Jim! Take someone with you! Buddy system!"

Feyri couldn't come, though. So she thought of another thing to say before venturing off.

"What were we doing here again? Any documents or files from the scientists on this?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 13, 2012, 10:23:30 pm »

Charro grits his teeth, takes a few deep breaths and tightens his hold on his laser rifle, feeling rather sick of the others talking to him like a child, and determined not to show any fear. As much as fear was the appropriate course in this situation.
He looks at Feyri quickly deciding a quick laser to the head is the best way to prevent the corpses getting up again.

"Um... Feyri?" Charro said this in a voice low enough that the scary, possibly insane cyborg hopefully couldn't hear him.
"Don't you think we should, you know, verify whether they are doing this before deciding it's 'curb stomp' time? You could be going through a lot of battery power on a bunch of corpses. Well, staying-dead corpses, whatever, you know what I mean."

>Regardless, follow after Feyri, keeping as far away as possible from any corpses on the floor and staying alert for any moving ones. Charro, remembering what he was instructed earlier about friendly fire, will only shoot at any of said zombies if there's no major risk of him hitting a teammate.
He will also attempt to remain calm, and react to the whole thing with a sort of, "Oh, hey. Zombies."
As opposed to screaming in terror as was so tempting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:26:13 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:58 pm »

"Jeez, did you have a brain fart or something? We're here to find documents, information, whatever, on whatever the people here were working on. I found some stuff about a thing called "The Puddle" from a scientist and that the secondary computer system is linked to the main computer. I'll have to take care of that connection if we want to isolate the computer systems."

Bishop glanced back at Jim and before Feyri walked off, walked over to her and pulled her aside, switching to a private channel to her suit.

"Hey, umm.. I don't really know how to say this, but... Was Jim always acting like this?"

Follow Jim but keep an eye on him incase he starts doing strange stuff.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 13, 2012, 10:30:54 pm »

Jim looks completely normal. Well, he is covered in congealed human blood and swinging a meat cleaver around. But besides that, perfectly fine.
((Hey, I thought Feyri was declared to be our unit's yandere! Or... is it contagious?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 13, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

Jim looks completely normal. Well, he is covered in congealed human blood and swinging a meat cleaver around. But besides that, perfectly fine.
((Hey, I thought Feyri was declared to be our unit's yandere! Or... is it contagious?))
((:I

Hell no.))

Feyri shifted comm channels to Bishop and Charro. "Better to be safe than sorry, if anyone of you want to talk to their corpses, then be my guest. But something isn't right, and I'm thinking whatever experiment they had in here affected those people in the same way it hit our first corpse.

And...I'm not that sure on Jim now, he's usually the down-to-earth sort of guy, open and endearing. I guess. He means well in everything he does, I think the stress on seeing a dead person grab him got to him. He may be bad in vocal language, not that good with Speech I guess, but he's amiable all the same. Someone may want to check on him though, but after we cleanse this place.

Come to think of it..."

In accordance with my action, yell at the corpses if they are friend or foe! Commence Interrogation at range: Spanish Inquisition style.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:39:12 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 13, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »

Bishop paused in thought before replying.

"Zombies are just fiction. Corpses don't move on their own without some kind of assistance, be it cyborg implants being overridden or someone using an amp on the body. Reguardless, he got covered in that blood from somewhere, so keep an eye out for that."

He glanced back to Jim before turning back to Feyri and whispering quietly.

"I'm somewhat afraid that I might have accidently infected his software when he listened to that recorded message that we sent to the computer. Remember how the AI reacted to it? If it handled it that badly, imagine what it could do to Jim..."

Bishop slowly looked towards Jim again to check he was still moving down the corridor before whispering again, this time to both Charro and Feyri.

"Keep an eye on him, he might snap somehow. I don't know for certain, but just be careful around him anyway. If he gets out of hand, pin him face down and let me get to his back. That's where his controls are, so I can power him down."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 13, 2012, 10:52:41 pm »

(Good work, planning on killing me. :P Backstabbers.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:46 pm »

((To kill you, we would have to destroy your brain. This is just shutting your robot body down. It's pretty much harmless.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 13, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »

(Good work, planning on killing me. :P Backstabbers.)
((Fear not. Feyri will go axe crazy if they try to kill you and powerslide across the hall while killing every other single member of the team aside from both of you.))
((To kill you, we would have to destroy your brain. This is just shutting your robot body down. It's pretty much harmless.))
((The suit keeps the brain alive and well. At least that is how I see it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 13, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »

(Yep. Shut it down and I die. Again.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:08 pm »

((Well, you can always come back again. It's not like I'm hacking bits out of your brain. And you shut yourself down before, remember? If you can do that safely, then I can force you to do that again and you'll be fine.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »

Feyri looked at Bishop as if he was planning something bad. Mostly like ' :-\'

"If we power him down, then we'd have to lug a robot around. I'd not do such if we can prevent it. And...only if we really can't stop him.

Don't the scientists around here keep anything short of anti-viral handware? I mean, technical check-up...thingys?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 13, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »

(Doesn't change the fact you're planning on PKing, so if I make a bad roll and end up killing you, I'm not going to feel guilty about it. :P Then you can be a robot too.)
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1256