_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5769818 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"We must intimidate the enemy; therefore, the person with the largest weapon should go first."

Tactically sound as long as the enemy is human(oid).

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As he is interrogated, Elisaz's mind flashes back to him being interrogated while on Magistrate Vale Leroy's death row.
"You've got no chance Mr. Roxine. We outnumber you, we have more resources, and we are a co-ordinated government force that your little rag-tag bunch of scraps can challenge. So maybe if you tell us everything you know now, we won't hurt you and your friends too badly."

"Well then, I must say I'm to happy to declare 'Go fuck yourself'."

Leroy later died of 'Unknown Causes'.

When Elisaz flashed back to the current situation, he smiled. "Sounds like a fair deal to me. Just one thing: Could you have the Virtual Reality machines come with pre-made programs featuring you and the rest of the crew as 'options'?" He says this with a cute blush.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

That might work against an enemy that can be intimidated. Now, can you intimidate a giant bug or whatever blasphemous form a xenos might take? Hardly.
Also, are you really intent on going weaponless, comrade? I admire your courage, but I really suggest you getting armed before... before the Game starts for real.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

((And dead!
Also:
"We must intimidate the enemy; therefore, the person with the largest weapon should go first."
Everyone, drop trou and measure up! :P [/immature]))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

As he is interrogated, Elisaz's mind flashes back to him being interrogated while on Magistrate Vale Leroy's death row.
"You've got no chance Mr. Roxine. We outnumber you, we have more resources, and we are a co-ordinated government force that your little rag-tag bunch of scraps can challenge. So maybe if you tell us everything you know now, we won't hurt you and your friends too badly."

When Elisaz flashed back to the current situation, he smiled. "Sounds like a fair deal to me. Just one thing: Could you have the Virtual Reality machines come with pre-made programs featuring you and the rest of the crew as 'options'?" He says this with a cute blush.

((Every person on the ship hears a sound like a million aluminium cans being crushed at once. A few moments later, a red, pulpy mass is ejected out of the Armory airlock.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Every person on the ship hears a sound like a million aluminium cans being crushed at once. A few moments later, a red, pulpy mass is ejected out of the Armory airlock.))
((Fear the man who can blush under interrogation.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(I swear to god I actually did roll this)
[aux:1-1]
ERROR. CRITICAL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. SENDING DETAILS OF MALFUNCTION TO TECHNICIAN: ARMORY MASTER. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

uh-oh.
((CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

And yeah, now he's dead.))

"...huh." She supposed that made perfect sense, given what even a better-equipped battlesuit could do to a mass like that, but it was still surprising just how... well, horrifying these things were. Like statues of death.

She switched over to answering Milno for a moment.

"What kind of training?"

Then she added two Avatars of War for the Arbiter's opponents, and sat back to watch what happened.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

((What is the scope of 'crew'? o_o

Also... it'll be really funny if he manages to not die and get his wish granted. o_o))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Now that you mention it, I wonder if it'd be all artfully arranged or just a bloody corpse sitting in front of the desk?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Okay, we all knew such things were subject to change from the very beginning  :) .
Also, not a knife bayonet. Spike bayonet, allowing better puncturing attacks as well as adding more of the weight of the body to the strike. Not that it would change anything, really (apart from preventing me from using it to cut things), so it's probably just about flavour.
Also, do I understand it right that it is not possible to pierce things with the monorazor, due to it being just a string on a handle and having no sharp tip? ))
Yeah, the razors don't pierce, they slice like a cheese wire.

Also, spike. Ok.

I don't like straight out murdering players with non-hostile npc's. Tearing limbs off, sure, but not straight out killing. But I will do it. I just want it to take a reasonable amount of persistence and bad ideas on the part of the player. And now Eli is one comment about her ass away from being pudding. 
((Yeah, I know, and it is adequate. No one can complain it was unfair, after all.))

Milno finishes summoning an attachment to his helmet - which at the moment is simply a piece of metal shaped as a honey badger's maxilla analogue, and will soon be adapted to spill nerve gas - and hails the incoming voluntaries.
"Hello. In this training session, which I hope is joined by at least one more individual, you will be presented with a taste of what the HMRC members have to face. It will be nice for you to understand that being stupid is simply suicidal, and get all of the Bastards' chance of survival higher. You may keep your custom-made equipment by the way, fanboy. It does not seem overly expensive."
You graft a toothy attachment to your faceplate  and then greet your new proteges.

Having nothing else to do, Empyrean enters the VR thingy. Punch in settings so that she is simulated with having full strength.

"..."

Hmm, that was a useless waste of a perfectly functional pair of quotation marks.
You sit down in one of the VR machines, making sure to use an old profile where your strength is the same as it used to be. The machine gives you a selection of programs.
>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch many things
>Tinker
>Duel
(Unless you meant to go to Milno's thing, in which case you'll need to pick some equipment unless you want to go naked)

After Thomas finishes the drill, he also joins Milnos training session.
Does that mean save and enter the thing? Or keep working and then enter it as soon as you're done? Because you could be fine tuning things for a while, depending on things.

It's a pity the only equipment I designed isn't for me, and only a veteran could afford it anyways. I'm not quite sure how I would mod a field manipulator, though. They'll probably end up being the weapon I use most.

Shrug, then make a slight modification:

MkI suit: Pitch black, dark green highlights. Any HMRC stuff a dark red.

There, now at least I don't look like the rest of you.

Visor down, light amps on. See what's at the end of the tunnel.

You activate your light amps and look down the hall. It's so dark that not even the light amps can pierce it on their own.

He says this with a cute blush.

The armory master's eye twitches and she smiles. A horrible sort of smile. She points at you. Your fingers all break and bend backwards, your elbows and shoulders are wrenched from their sockets, your jaw is dislocated, your eyes are ruptured, your belly splits open, your knees bend forward, your feet are folded in half and your genitals rip away.

"I'll take that as a yes."

You wake up later, much later, in the infirmary, in a full body tank of some sort of fluid. A doctor is standing outside the tank, looking at you.
"Try not to move. Trying to keep you organic. Most things saved. " he pauses for a moment, "Could not save genitals."

(I swear to god I actually did roll this)
Yaux:1-1]
ERROR. CRITICAL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. SENDING DETAILS OF MALFUNCTION TO TECHNICIAN: ARMORY MASTER. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

uh-oh.
((CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

And yeah, now he's dead.))

"...huh." She supposed that made perfect sense, given what even a better-equipped battlesuit could do to a mass like that, but it was still surprising just how... well, horrifying these things were. Like statues of death.

She switched over to answering Milno for a moment.

"What kind of training?"

Then she added two Avatars of War for the Arbiter's opponents, and sat back to watch what happened.
You summon up two avatars on either side of the Arbiter. They both extend their tesla sabres and swing at their smaller opponent, attempting to hack it into pieces from either direction. The arbiter drops down, it's huge, emaciated form somehow pressing itself so close to the ground as to appear flat as the blow fly past him. And then it moves, like a fluid puddle of black mercury, slipping through the legs of the giant on its right. For an instant you can make out the glint of a wire and then the right avatar is yanks off it's feet, falling face first to the ground. The Arbiter steps up onto its prone form as the second avatar swings at it again.

The Kinetic Cudgel lashes out and strikes the upright avatars wrist as it swings, sending the arm jerking backwards, armor breaking and white blood spraying. It takes a moment to look at the downed avatar, and suddenly the prone creatures screeches and claws madly at nothing before becoming completely still. Then it moves toward the survivor, just starting to recover from the parry. The air seems to grown darker around the avatar, the ground cracks and breaks and then the great creature falls to it's knees before being crushed into the ground.

The Arbiter observes it for a moment before returning to where it had been standing.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((That was not quite as horrendous as I expected.)) Thomas sets up the basic thruster program, saves it and enters Milnos training session, taking the non programmed filament drill, a laser rifle and his power pack.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Okay, Light Amps are not going to cut it. Everyone, activate your headlamps, but disengage your light amps before doing so, or you'll blind yourself.

Disengage the Light Amps (Leaving the visor down, it stays down no matter what), then activate the headlamps on my suit.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:20:56 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((That was not quite as horrendous as I expected.)) Thomas sets up the basic thruster program, saves it and enters Milnos training session, taking the non programmed filament drill, a laser rifle and his power pack.
(You'll see why she only horribly maimed him later. Still, one more cute word and head splut time)
You save your work and enter Milno's training simulation, drill in hand.

Alright, looks like we're going in dark. I don't like going into unknown territory blind, but unless one of you has any kind of flashlight, Glance over my hand laser, we don't have much choice. Nikitian, take point, I'll be behind you and muscles, you're rear guard. We should expect ambush at any time.

((If somehow I missed our suits having some kind of built-in lights, I will retcon most of this. Fair warning.

Also, who all is in the MEHMRCTS? I know there's me, Nik, and Sky are in, anyone else? Other than Mini-GM Milno?))
You have built in head lamps on all suits. Also, Nik, you, sky and Thomas I believe are it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See if I can communicate verbally or in some way with the doctor.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Okay, Light Amps are not going to cut it. Everyone, activate your headlamps, but disengage your light amps before doing so, or you'll blind yourself.

Disengage the Light Amps (Leaving the visor down, it stays down no matter what), then activate the headlamps on my suit.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2101