_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783924 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16035 on: August 30, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »

TUM TE TUM. ((Guess I'm stuck on the ship forever, due to not joining up sooner.))

Which is exactly why I never actually joined properly after making my character, older player will never take newer players with them on any of the missions so newer players will be stuck with the tiny jobs that pay far less and give far less experience. So the gap will continue to expand and the newer players are never going to get a chance to do any of the bigger interesting jobs.

There was no sense in joining a game in which at best all I can do is the crap other players don't want to do because they will pick there friends and ignore everybody else.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: August 30, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »

((Typing post, answering some questions. Some will be repetitions of what Cael/Milno said, but still would like to add my 2 cents.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: August 30, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »

TUM TE TUM. ((Guess I'm stuck on the ship forever, due to not joining up sooner.))

Which is exactly why I never actually joined properly after making my character, older player will never take newer players with them on any of the missions so newer players will be stuck with the tiny jobs that pay far less and give far less experience. So the gap will continue to expand and the newer players are never going to get a chance to do any of the bigger interesting jobs.

There was no sense in joining a game in which at best all I can do is the crap other players don't want to do because they will pick there friends and ignore everybody else.
((A completely legitimate reason. More deaths and faster missions would fix this, but I suppose it works the way it works.))

((Reposting this because Caellath seems to have missed this:))
((In fact, I believe Milno just told the characters almost every drop of information we were given through private messages aside from the fact Steve's physical body isn't actually housed within the Sword (the location is a secret I doubt he'll tell us) and that the name of the teams has to do with our characters' current positions. Jim and Miyamoto will be the actual leaders of the Sword's force, Milno will take care of stealthy matters.

And yes, as Milno pointed out, there are several other ships with HMRC convicts in which the same thing is supposed to be happening.))
((The actual information is only half of the story. The less important part of it. The interesting part are the actual logs and pm's. I want logs, not summarisations. The way it was presented to you, the way you responded to it, et cetera.

It's the difference between reading a book and it's summary on a wikipedia.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: August 30, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

((A completely legitimate reason. More deaths and faster missions would fix this, but I suppose it works the way it works.))
((That's rather overdramatic. Other than having designated insurrection teams, what makes you say any of that?))

Quote from: Message to Doctor
I have some things I'd like to talk to you about, when you get the time. Some of the limitations of my current inhibitor system, and the quality of some gear and corpses I found.

Get healed. Recover amp club from Stacy. Message Doctor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16039 on: August 30, 2013, 04:08:18 pm »

((That is a bit untrue. People in mission 10 were new. People in mission 9 were new. People in mission 8 were new. Remember all the tokens Miyamoto made in the robot city mission? All the tokens we're going to make for mission 9? Sure, older people are going to be better but that doesn't make others useless or less important.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: August 30, 2013, 04:10:05 pm »

(( When the priority missions are given to those 3 team meaning they will always make far more tokens then anybody else and will very likely never take any of the newest players with them since unlike previous missions they are now allowed to choose who goes and the rest of us will be stuck baby sitting the ship?

Why bother joining a game just to be a second class player because I didn't join sooner? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: August 30, 2013, 04:12:12 pm »

((Except Miyamoto has only been on three missions and brought his battlesuit after his first mission.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: August 30, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

((Miyamoto has around...Less than half of the missions Milno has under his belt? He is still in the group, though. High-risk, high-reward missions do pop up for the newbies, like his first one. Also, our teams will not always be the same. They are not static.

Calling foul is easy. Apparently, acting is hard.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: August 30, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

((Miyamoto has around...Less than half of the missions Milno has under his belt? He is still in the group, though. High-risk, high-reward missions do pop up for the newbies, like his first one. Also, our teams will not always be the same. They are not static.

Calling foul is easy. Apparently, acting is hard.))

((Indeed.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: August 30, 2013, 04:14:17 pm »

Also to counteract the 'newbies don't get missioned' thing, Xan's getting missioned, and he's been on ... one.
Though if anyone really really wants to switch I'm happy to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:27 pm »

Grate waves his hand in the air.

wait, silently trembling, in my corner of the overpopulated room. look for opportunities to escape.
Still waving his hand in the air, Grate goes over to Lyra.
"Are you okay?"
"...Oh yeah! What do I do?"

He then turns back towards Lyra and shakes her shoulder a bit. "Are you okay?"
nod once
You guys can move around the ship now. I'll give you a few days to screw around before we begin everything. I'll do level ups and tokens and stuff today, but in general, People from the long mission, expect between 10-15 tokens. And Fucked shit up team, you should expect 5 or so tokens and a stern talking to. It was a success though. Also, for stats (NOT FOR ITEMS THIS IS ISN'T FOR YOUR INVENTORY DON'T YELL AT ME FOR THINGS MISSING) heres the thing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt
You guys can move around the ship now.
flee to the barracks, once there curl up on my bed and mourn Feyri.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:35 pm »

Also to counteract the 'newbies don't get missioned' thing, Xan's getting missioned, and he's been on ... one.
Though if anyone really really wants to switch I'm happy to.
((Yeah, his combat experience is measurable in hours.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: August 30, 2013, 04:16:36 pm »

Mesk shakes his head to clear it.  "Did I hear right?  I'm going on another mission?  Shit."
He looks around at the new faces - including, surprisingly, a child.  "So... it seems I've missed a lot.  What's up?"

+5 Willpower, +3 Aux, token count.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: August 30, 2013, 04:17:02 pm »

(( He got on high risk missions when the teams going on mission were random selection and not player choice. Now that it's player choice how many of the people who've done 0 missions have been selected? How many of the people who've done 1 mission other then Xantalos?
Getting tokens from high risk high reward missions doesn't work anymore because specific players are given those and choose who is on the team with them.

And if I remember what I read earlier correctly those not selected for those teams will be staying on the ship on the off chance it gets attacked, so won't be getting onto other missions and even if it gets attacked will earn far less tokens.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:19:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: August 30, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »

(( He got on high risk missions when the teams going on mission were random selection and not player choice. Now that it's player choice how many of the people who've done 0 missions have been selected? How many of the people who've done 1 mission other then Xantalos?
Getting tokens from high risk high reward missions doesn't work anymore because specific players are given those and choose who is on the team with them. ))
((What makes you say all story/leader selected missions will be high risk high reward, and that those will be the only such missions available?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 2101