_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783655 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16320 on: September 01, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »

(Thear/Patrick, if I was playing 'favorites', I would have gotten Tiruin and wolfchild on my team because I consider them friends, and maybe Toaster because while I don't know what Lars is good at I admire how dedicated he is to playing that character. Just saying, don't accuse people of things they haven't done. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16321 on: September 01, 2013, 01:48:12 pm »

The budget will depend on what the mission itself is and bonuses will be included after. There will be no base pay that you get regardless of the mission success or failure, but the amount of tokens available for the budget will vary depending on the number of people and the dangerousness or toughness of the mission. And yeah, sometimes equipment, especially specialized stuff, will be given to the team for free. Probably see that more if you're in milno's group though, since his missions will often be handled differently and have gear restrictions.

Basically, you might not be making 5 tokens per mission anymore, especially if it's a short, easy mission and you either screw it up or just go idle most the time, but you also won't have to waste money on buying your own weapons and ammo much of the time. So while it's less in theory, it evens out because you remove a lot of other costs.

That reminds me, Hey, Milno, You chosen the two of your four who are going to help you here in a bit?

The idea itself is good I think, the only problem I have is letting team leaders give out the payment at the end. It might work well if team leaders are fair. If they aren't then they and there friends will get most of the tokens and the rest get shafted.

Thats something that should stay with Steve to decide so team leaders can't be bribed, coerced or just flat out decide to abuse the power.
I dunno. The concept of corruption and favoritism playing out amongst the characters is pretty interesting.

Regardless, If I notice something like that going on in a really obvious way for no real reason, then I'll shut it down and divide them more evenly. But, I mean, if a character is literally idle the entire mission or they basically do nothing but screw things up for everyone, I can totally get behind not giving people like that money.

And If people really don't like the idea of other characters controlling the money, I guess I can do it. But I'd like to give it a try at least once before we all collapse neath the fear of Jim's inevitable decent into being drunk with power.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: September 01, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »

(Thear/Patrick, if I was playing 'favorites', I would have gotten Tiruin and wolfchild on my team because I consider them friends, and maybe Toaster because while I don't know what Lars is good at I admire how dedicated he is to playing that character. Just saying, don't accuse people of things they haven't done. :\)
And I'm wary of relying too much on mission leaders. I think we can all agree that Miyamoto and Jim are good guys, but something changes, or you get someone who's not so good, and it all goes to magma traps. And even with them, you begin introducing even more favor politics, and while that's interesting, I wouldn't that to play an even bigger part of the game. So I think it should be less mission leaders and more of a Steve + Community decide.
((Don't accuse people of accusing you when they haven't done so.

I was talking about the limitations and the dangers of the system, not Jim.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: September 01, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

((Calm down, let's just leave the accusations and insinuations for in-character interactions shall we? It would be quite interesting after all...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: September 01, 2013, 01:58:09 pm »

((how would renting weapons and using their ammo work? if ran the weapon dry, would you be deducted the ammo cost of the weapon since you can't return the ammo?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16325 on: September 01, 2013, 02:04:24 pm »

((how would renting weapons and using their ammo work? if ran the weapon dry, would you be deducted the ammo cost of the weapon since you can't return the ammo?))
((Standard Armory fare would apply, I think. It's only logical.

Corollary: It doesn't matter whether you use up one bullet or the whole clip for returning the weapon - so any unowned object in sight when you're waiting for extraction is good target practice. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: September 01, 2013, 02:07:52 pm »

It wasn't an accusation it was more of a warning, if you give control of the payment to a player then they can find any number of ways to justify how they pay the team to favor or harm those they do or don't like based solely on personal opinion and the rest of the team can do nothing at all about it.

So unless the team leaders are people that you can guarantee will always be fair then it has a lot of risk, plus the loss of a guaranteed payment of 5 tokens tends to favor older characters a great deal because a new player with low skills is far more likely to fail rolls then an older player so the older players are likely to consistently gain more tokens per mission then newer players if you base it off performance allowing them to buy better equipment for themselves maintaining that lead so they will continue to perform better. Not a complaint just a point to consider, without a guaranteed payment new players are at a huge disadvantage.

Th guaranteed 5 at least made it so new players would always make a decent amount even if the dice screw them up, I can understand cutting the payment to those who go inactive, but people who mess up then losing most of there pay just means they're going to keep messing up for longer because they can't get personal equipment to help them improve.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:10:21 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: September 01, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »

((Except you end up in situations like mission 10 where May just terrorized civilians and got no bonuses while Lyra got bonuses for saving Feyri. Even thought he former is a veteran and the latter was on her first mission. Bias based on personal experience is necessary so long as it does not go out of hand. While the players are qquite reasonable their character are not, it may be out of character for them to be unbiased.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16328 on: September 01, 2013, 02:12:05 pm »

((Except you end up in situations like mission 10 where May just terrorized civilians and got no bonuses while Lyra got bonuses for saving Feyri. Even thought he former is a veteran and the latter was on her first mission.))
((And I got no tokens and got electrocuted, while everyone else except Stacy got tokens.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: September 01, 2013, 02:14:46 pm »

((You got the standard 5. It's assumed unless stated otherwise.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: September 01, 2013, 02:17:18 pm »

Not really a good example, say me and guy on 5 missions both do the same thing and have similar characters. I have a chance of a +1 at best on my rolls, he has a guaranteed +1 maybe guaranteed +2 from level ups and a chance at a +3. Just factoring in stats alone older characters can roll worse then new characters and still easily out perform them from equipment and level meaning they gain more tokens in payment purely because they are veterans and have better odds.

If the whole team acts properly then odds are veterans will consistently out perform rookies so unless veteran performance gets reduced rewards over that of rookies it leaves rookies with high odds of gaining minimal payment simply because they stood no hope of performing better then the veterans.

Not factoring in how players choose to act and going purely off stats, kit and odds unless you judge rookies a lot more leniently then veterans and give veterans reduced payments then most of the time rookies are going to find it extremely difficult just to attempt to outfit themselves to stand any hope of gaining better payment without borrowing huge amounts and preying for random luck with the doctor or boxes to get enough of a boost to perform effectively.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:19:52 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: September 01, 2013, 02:17:42 pm »

My briefing consisted of several seconds of electrocution and he mentioned no tokens.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16332 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »

My briefing consisted of several seconds of electrocution and he mentioned no tokens.
You got your five. Don't worry.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: September 01, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »

((Patrick: There are missions composed of newbies for precisely that reason.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16334 on: September 01, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

You got your five. Don't worry.
Oh really? Huh. I was okay with getting no tokens for accidentally murdering several hundred people, but I'll take those tokens.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 2101