_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5780467 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17550 on: September 12, 2013, 02:32:59 pm »

"Hull cameras would be the best-case scenario, yeah. Hopefully we can get that."

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: September 12, 2013, 02:34:30 pm »

"Go ahead grate."

-Jack Hansan, Defence Team, Leader

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17552 on: September 12, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »

Rifle (oh gods please don't buy him this he's got a -1 XD)
((What's the worst that could happen?))
(( Strictly speaking? Something less terrifying than what would happen if you put it in *my* hands. As I have a -2 in conventional.

And yeah, I like your build, from a role playing perspective. It makes me quite happy to see nonsense builds like that that make no sense from the 'gaming the game' side and perfect sense from the 'this is my character' side.))

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:37:55 pm by Kriellya »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: September 12, 2013, 02:36:14 pm »

"Anyhow, Steve! Info! Needed badly here! We're spending our defense budget on all sorts of junk that we aren't sure we'll need or be able to use in any reasonable fashion! Any layouts, camera access or other things you can give us, oh mighty and presumably benevolent machine god?"

Ask Steve this.

((What's the worst that could happen?))

((Shooting teammates in feet and faces. A lot. When you don't mean to, that is. And when you do, you'll shoot yourself in the soft tissues, presumably.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17554 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

((Before becoming Team Joker's leader, I had the idea to train a group of inmates in group tactics and ballistic shield usage for the creation of impromptu barricades and to defend chokepoints, possibly by using shields with a switch-activated magnet system attached to their borders to create veritable walls with firing slits. Of course, they'd have to be trained for a while to form up and quickly rearrange the wall (to let a rocket or death laser fly harmlessly through a hole, for example), but it's an idea. I'm still thinking about helping train them anyway just to see if it's a plausible idea.))

"Got it." Milno says to the Armory Master, taking the toolboxes and the uniforms. He keeps an uniform and the toolbox with the bomb, giving the one with actual tools to Simus and the one with the medical material and weapons to Faith.

"I suppose this means I am on the sword defence team unless you call upon me then?"

"I think you'd technically be on hold until we need it, though you could probably ask and see if you can take part in the defense while we are out there. If you are allowed to, just don't take unreasonable risks and listen to Thomas." he says before turning his head to both synth-flesh ladies. "As soon as I put the uniform on, I will be ready."

If the time for action is now or soon, go to the Barracks and wear the uniform.

The young man wonders how strange it is that he still wants to head to the Barracks to get changed even though being naked is very likely the least of anyone's worries around the Sword judging by how the pre/post-mission and pre-jump standard procedures are. Old habits die hard indeed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17555 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:47 pm »

Gorat grimaces at the low defense budget.
"Gunner bots and Drone plantfroms sound like a good idea. Though what would we give to the people who don't know how to use normal weapons?"
"For the cost of the drone platform, we could get 12 scout eyes. Sure they're weak and unarmed, but we'd get more eyes for our bucks. I don't know, can scout eyes operate semi-independently, say circling around the ship?"

"I don't have a weapon! What kind of weapon should I get?"
Since when do we have kids aboard?, Gorat thinks, only just now registering Grate. "I don't know. Do you know what you're good at? You could take a few quick tests with the basic weapons in the VR and see which... suit you best."

"Twelve scout eyes are a hell to control, they each have a separate remote and they're unarmed on top of that. With the drone platform you're only getting two less drones out, but each has a weapon, and they're all controllable by a single person.

Personally I'd make a call for a drone platform and a gunner bot. The drones will let us strike from behind cover, and the bot can blindside any enemies that get past our defenses. The bot's advantage is that it doesn't need an operator, it's an extra combatant in its own right, and with the most effective people going on the offensive, it's likely to be a good deal more effective with its gun that most of us defenders are.
"

((As for things that might happen, I don't have any penalties to Conventional. However, Anton's history of weapons use, in VR and in the field, has so far consisted of one shot that missed its target, a few shots at the ground that somehow hit, and a number of shots in VR combat that hit and hurt almost anyone but the enemy, in one instance including himself. He's not very lucky with weapons, in other words.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17556 on: September 12, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »

I agree with Anton on this, a drone platform and a gunner bot feels like the most flexible option. It really depends on the capabilities of those drones, though. Also potentially on the mobility of the gunner bot, with the narrow and potentially disconnected walkways. Though if there's a specific point on the hull in need of extra defense, planting a gunner bot there would certainly be an effective use of resources.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17557 on: September 12, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »

"So scout eyes can't be programmed to follow a simple-ish path, then? Too bad."

Get into my suit. Purchase a laser rifle with my two remaining tokens. Edit: Also get the shock trigger if it's ready.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:19:00 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17558 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:52 pm »

No, you misunderstand. The scout's eye is definitely capable of that, but if the drones *also* are, I'd rather have 10 armed drones than 12 unarmed scout eyes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: September 12, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

((finally finished revising the training Lyra's doing in VR... for now))

((I'd suggest making Grate a drone operator, due to his lack of weapon skills.))

((I agree with gunner bot and drone platform, that leaves 4 tokens floating.))

((how many magicians other than Lyra are on defense btw?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17560 on: September 12, 2013, 03:12:01 pm »

"Them being programmable means that ease of operations becomes, well, not moot, but low priority. That means the question is that of probably better coverage versus a few more weapons of... what strength? I don't know which is better, just keep the other option in mind."

((Magician meaning amp user? Gorat is one of them.))

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:38 pm »

((Anton's got the mass murder manipulator, so he counts as one I guess. I think the device needs a new name, it clashes with the mass manipulator. Atrocity-O-Matic? ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: September 12, 2013, 03:16:36 pm »

((both amps and manipulators (exlucding the kinetic amp), count as space magic))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17563 on: September 12, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »

(( Then I also count as a space magic user, if a reluctant one. AUX weapons are expensive, so I have my emergency manipulator. So 'at least 4', counting Lyra.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17564 on: September 12, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »

((5 if we count Stacy, but Stacy blew up (Ice-9) his last one and apparently hasn't replaced it yet.))
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 2101