Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 240394 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - The Awakening
« Reply #885 on: May 04, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »

I'm so fucking mad at this game right now, I could rip the fucking skies down.

How. The. FUCK. Can they make high level content the way they do with the desyncs still being this bad. Undead mod on a map? Why not just make the description "You will be fucked in the ass every 40 seconds by desyncs. Enjoy your fucking map, jerkoff." The bosses....are unfucking believable in this regard. Knowing that mass amounts of mobs guarantee desyncs, what do they do? Make map end bosses puke out guys like they intentionally think forcing desyncs is some kind of end game challenge. FUCK YOU. Christ, I can't even run a circle around ONE FUCKING MOB without having the game desync, let alone the 60 they pile into a tiny room. Or me teleporting into a room I've never even walked into. How can your server side simulation be that fucking far off of what I'm doing!

Setting all that aside that I can't even fucking comprehend how you're supposed to beat some of these bosses without being so grossly overleveled you'd probably rather kill yourself than play this fucking game anymore. The boss of the Dungeon? Take the desyncs of the Warden and that fucking grab spear, add a new mob every 4 seconds to a tiny room, then cover half the floor in spikes periodically. I can't even....

Goddamnit, I've sunk hundreds of hours now to grind through this bullshit of an experience, carefully, agonizingly making my way through every level in Merciless because they still think a death penalty is appropriate in game with this fucked up of netcode. To finally be able to do something else than grind the goddamn campaign maps over and over again. And to find out EVERY GODDAMN BLUE MAP AND UP BECOMES A CLUSTERFUCK is almost too much for my sanity to handle.

This game would be amazing if their netcode weren't the equivalent of a drunken idiot smashing their hand with a hammer over and over again. "DERR CANT FIND POSITION, PUTTING EVERYTHING IN DA MIDDLE NOW. DDDDDEEEEERRRRRRPPPPPPPP." At least if the netcode were good, I could accept the death penalty, the tedious level scaling resulting in safe, ETERNAL fucking grinding, the horrendous penalties they layer on to increase difficulty, the stupid amounts of one-shot-kills you're subjected to, unbeatable elite nemesis mod combos....To do everything right, play conservatively, play slowly, to then be undone by a fucking desync, it's like, WHY SHOULD I FUCKING TORTURE MYSELF OVER YOUR FUCKING GAME IF I'M JUST GOING TO GET FUCKED ANYWAYS. WHY DO YOU KEEP PILING SHIT ON TO A GAME THAT CLEARLY CAN'T FUCKING HANDLE IT, MAKING THE HIGHER LEVEL GAMEPLAY NIGH ON IMPOSSIBLE, YOU FUCKING MORONS. You cannot tell the player the game requires leet timing and reflexes when your own servers have the timing and coordination of a goddamn six year old!

God fucking damnit GGG, hire whoever the fuck you need to, fire whoever the fuck you need to, just fix your motherfucking net code! Every time I come back to this game I fall in love again only to have it drive a stiletto heel of bullshit programming straight through my dick.

I was debating giving them some money for cosmetics for all the hours I've put in. But fuck it. Want my money? Fix your shitty fucking game first so it's not a goddam waste of my time to play it. Old skool harshness is great until it's supported by new skool lazy fucking coding.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:18:33 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 04, 2015, 11:51:47 pm »

(werds of ANNGGEERRR)

I feel ya, man.  That's about where I was at late open beta (though I hadn't even made it to maps, then) when I trashed all my loot and uninstalled.

If the new netcode doesn't sort shit out, I may do so again...  but stay gone for good.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 05, 2015, 02:58:47 am »

With the new netcode all actions go through server-side first; so you will not desync anymore, and with a decent and stable ping your experience would be good.

For now there's all the usual tricks you can use the minimize desync, and keeping an eye for desync symptoms and use /oos macro. Don't join parties in another server.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 06, 2015, 08:21:27 am »

Garena does something stupid again...

Garena in a nutshell
With a priceless comic inside.

A thread about it in reddit
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:24:05 am by kcwong »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2015, 08:46:53 am »

Is that supposed to be a digimon knockoff or something? Glad its contained away from the normal servers, anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2015, 08:55:36 am »

Is that supposed to be a digimon knockoff or something? Glad its contained away from the normal servers, anyway.

That's Garena's mascot. Definitely a Digimon knockoff.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 18, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »

So they've released their new validation system to the public in an early form, called Deterministic Lock-step.

It's optional, and you can pick between it and the previous Predictive Sync, from the main menu. They said they've fixed a lot of bugs with Predictive Sync as well, and it works better than it ever has before. They recommend Deterministic Lock-step for people with <100ms latency to the server, and Predictive Sync for people with greater than that.

I'll probably take it for a spin tomorrow night.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 18, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »

I DLed the patch while I was out to the grocer, and got a couple new guys past hillock while I was eating dinner.  (BTW, they wiped beta)

I didn't change the network setting, so I was probably still on predictive... but it was a bedrock-solid 80ms the whole way.  The spike for area change was greatly lessened also.  I am very hopeful.

Now I gotta finish my last paper for the semester.  Almost done!  >_<

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 19, 2015, 09:19:30 am »

Neat, downloading patch now.

From announcement forum, there are issues with lockstep:
Dominating Blow
Vaal Cyclone
Flicker Strike (when using cooldown bypass)
When using cooldown bypass on other skills may also have issues

Also, Glacial Hammer may causes crash.

Time to try a cyclone build... or maybe not. I reached act 4 with a marauder and got chaos golem, was leveling a summoner to try that out. Time to do that again.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 20, 2015, 01:55:14 pm »

I got to Act 2 town this morning with a new guy...  I didn't see a whole lot of changes through Act 1 with this patch.  The Prison WP is static near the front door now, following other WP changes.  The riot of color in early drop-sockets felt like it was toned down overall; I still scored a few spare chromatic orbs, though.

The skill gem vendoring looks to have very high utility, although I haven't bought anything yet.  There's a nice spread of active skill gems, and a handful of decent support gems.  It'll be nice to have the option of buying supports if they aren't dropping on their own.

Is there anyone else playing besides me, kcwong, and nenjin?  Beta or normal, doesn't matter... sound off!  :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 20, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »

I've been playing the warframe event while watching the beta news, not especially interested in playing the current live version atm :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 20, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »

I typically level up a character after every major "expansion" then remember I don't really enjoy playing that much and stop. My last character was pretty decent (by my low standards, at least) but now her passives are all reset and I don't remember what they used to be.

Probably will play the beta when I get into it, and will play once it goes live for a while.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 20, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »

Testing the new beta slowly. Act 3 at the moment. Did not have any desync yet, and around 70 ping. Overall nothing big so far. Will probably play till I finish normal and drop it/report if there are any problems and bugs

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #898 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »

I've mostly been playing on Live, mess around on Beta every now and then.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 20, 2015, 04:00:46 pm »

Apparently opting into "Awakening Beta" in Steam results in PoE forgetting all your settings. >:(
Fortunately they came back when I opted back out of the beta in Steam.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 100