Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 238569 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2014, 04:41:12 am »

This early in the leagues, its difficult to find leveling uniques. It's weird going from "Goldrim on ALL my lowbies!" to "Pick up everything for wisdom scrolls."
For solo, remember to get defenses early, offense later. I like to grab nearby life nodes, then rush the hell out of Ondar's and Acrobatics before I hit Lunaris in normal. For bow/evasion builds, at least.
You build barrage like any normal physical bow build. Lots of bow physical damage, projectile damage, attack speed. Frenzy can be a nice pickup to if you can keep it up. Pierce may be fun, too. Crit, if you're willing to invest.
Like my build for a dual-axe-wielding cleave witch, it might be better to get settled in the new league before trying it, though.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2014, 04:46:15 am »

Here you go: Link
One of the problems you're likely to encounter with this tree, though, is getting the int to wield your staves. I didn't want to discourage you, though. The first build I beat normal with was a staff templar and I think I did pretty much what you did, haha.
I'll be honest, though, I don't run crit too much, so I wasn't entirely sure. I recall being told I didn't have enough crit with, say, 200% increased crit chance.

On the topic of crit, here's a different version just for crit, if you're interested: Link
340% increased crit chance and 120% increased crit multiplier. Less life. Crit is a lot harder to gear, though.
Thanks a lot! One question though - I see in both builds you put point in Sovereignty. I personally wasn't even considering using Auras, but should I? If I ignore them, maybe put a few point in intelligence beside that cluster (if I'm considering a no-crit build) as you said I might be a bit low on it, and/or even take the Amplify?

Well, other than that, I see at least my starting few decisions were decent.  :P
Off to leveling up!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #737 on: August 21, 2014, 04:53:40 am »

This early in the leagues, its difficult to find leveling uniques. It's weird going from "Goldrim on ALL my lowbies!" to "Pick up everything for wisdom scrolls."
For solo, remember to get defenses early, offense later. I like to grab nearby life nodes, then rush the hell out of Ondar's and Acrobatics before I hit Lunaris in normal. For bow/evasion builds, at least.
You build barrage like any normal physical bow build. Lots of bow physical damage, projectile damage, attack speed. Frenzy can be a nice pickup to if you can keep it up. Pierce may be fun, too. Crit, if you're willing to invest.
Like my build for a dual-axe-wielding cleave witch, it might be better to get settled in the new league before trying it, though.
I'm not playing in the new league though. I'm in standard league... >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:49 am »

Auras are always good, but that's your decision to use them.
Clarity is a great early game aura, even if it has been nerfed. It has a flat mana reservation, unlike the other auras.
Anger and Wrath can fill out your damage quite nicely. Hatred is good if you have a lot of physical damage.
Grace is awesome for evasion/IR builds, but you're nowhere near those.
Determination looks good, but I hear its "eh" if you're not running IR + Grace.
Discipline can give you some extra EHP, but I wouldn't run it unless you're specced into some amount of ES or are using Eldritch Battery.
Purity of Elements/Fire/Ice/Lightning can fill out missing resists without having to dip into the tree.
Haste is alright. I wouldn't bother with Vitality.
The new skills Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash can also add to your dps, too.

You can run 1 aura without investing in reduced mana reservation(and without a reduced mana cost gem). You can drop them if you don't feel like you're going to be running more than 1 aura.

I feel I may have wrote too much, but I already wrote it, so its staying!

NINJAEDIT:
-snip-
I'm not playing in the new league though. I'm in standard league... >_>
Oh... right, haha.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #739 on: August 21, 2014, 05:17:32 am »

So bow builds have been buffed? Might need to bring my ranger out of retirement. Been playing a CoMK + Ground Slam + Firestorm + Ethereal Knives + Whatever else I can socket in there templar lately, it's pretty fun.

Also I've found all of my masters so far by doing what I usually do when there's nothing else to do, running the Ledge until my eyes bleed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:24:14 am by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #740 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:28 am »

Hmm, auras certainly sound interesting... maybe I'll try them later. Right now however, I'm having great fun using sweep I just recently received. I'm probably taking Amplify as soon as I can.  :)
I'm in rampage league and so far I managed to get 32x combo...not much, but I'm happy. I also met Loremaster, we kicked some righteous ass.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:47:38 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 21, 2014, 09:08:53 am »

Clarity tends to go one of two ways, as far as I've tried:
A. Doesn't cost too much mana, gives awesome regen boost.
B. Costs too much mana, can't use the regen well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #742 on: August 21, 2014, 09:29:03 am »

Purity of Fire and Purity of Ice dropped as we faced fire using foes. PoF wants me to get more Str to continue levelling it. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 21, 2014, 09:30:37 am »

I found out a few days ago that PoEBuilder was bugged - the HP per level was incorrect, and some mana regeneration nodes were not showing up in the total bonus.

Are those fixed now?

Edit: Seems fixed; I used the official skill tree (with the GreaseMonkey script to show total bonus), and compared it with PoEBuilder... everything seems fine now!

This will be my remade Incinerate Witch... further levels will probably go into more life nodes, armor, and elemental damage.

I wonder if dropping Static Blows will seriously lower my damage dealt... but even if I took the whole ring, it's still 5% less chance to shock than before. I'll try to stick to just an Added Lightning for now.

Hmm... maybe this would be better. I do rely on shock stacks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:40:30 am by kcwong »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 21, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »

Did they improve the netcode out-of-sync stuff at all with the new update?  I kinda got annoyed with baddies taking 37 arrows to the face without dying, then teleporting backwards last time I played.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 21, 2014, 02:45:51 pm »

It had spikes of badness yesterday early on, but that was probably the mass of people playing at the time, not the netcode. Flicker strike probably still has issues, but I had no desync issues though while playing with Jack_bread & friend up to act 2 invaders in black while using reave, or glacial cascade, or flameblast, or firestorm, or arc, an aura on me and one on jack (Jack had bow skills, jack's friend had molten strike and leap slam), and rampage effects. Though it did slow down a bit at the beginning of new merveil phase two.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 21, 2014, 04:08:09 pm »

Clarity tends to go one of two ways, as far as I've tried:
A. Doesn't cost too much mana, gives awesome regen boost.
B. Costs too much mana, can't use the regen well.
You really have to watch how you level it if you have a low mana pool. Don't forget you can vendor a gem + a scouring orb to lower the gem's level!

Did they improve the netcode out-of-sync stuff at all with the new update?  I kinda got annoyed with baddies taking 37 arrows to the face without dying, then teleporting backwards last time I played.
I feel its about the same, though yesterday was pretty good at not desyncing. Brutus is still the desync master, too, even without the pillars in his room...

-snip-
Looks good. Could use a bit more life, though, but you might be alright with EB+MoM. You're right next to Ash, Frost, Storm and Inner Force, so it might be worth it to grab those.
You can also drop the added lightning gem if you can find yourself a Three Dragons.

EDIT: I want to make a build with this new sword.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:10:42 pm by Jack_Bread »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 21, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »

Did you find it or is that from the internet? Either way, it sounds like a pretty neato sword.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 21, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »

I'm curious if that sword still works if you're got iron reflexes on.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 21, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »

Found it off of Reddit. Here are a few more new uniques:
Spoiler: imagespaaam (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Oh, I'm online right now. Whisper "OrinthologyTheSecond" for an invite to our guild!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:39:41 pm by Jack_Bread »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100