Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239514 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #1020 on: January 25, 2016, 01:50:19 pm »

When I donated the guild tabs, I had stocked them with a bit of noob twinking gear... nothing super special, just decent low level rares, starter jewellery, spare flasks, etc.  After a few months, it seemed like nobody had even touched them, so I cleared it out.

As Aklyon said, the guild stash has been de facto asynchronous trading space, and it works well for that purpose.  I'm not sure what else we can realistically do with it; PoE's guild system is rather bare-bones, with only three membership levels, and stash access being based on member level.  I'd really like to see more features there, but I'm not holding my breath.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 25, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »

We could make a guild tag...if we felt like throwing away specific maps for no particular reason and actually wanted one. I think thats the only other thing we could do with it besides 'Trading space' and 'extra stash tab that other people might take things from if you ran out of space in your own stash' until they do something with guilds besides what there is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 26, 2016, 10:48:43 am »

So, they finally reveled the Scion's ascendancy class. Unsurprisngly for the master of none, it involves everyone else's bonuses.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 06, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »

Any tips for the Izaro fight?

I did it on Normal without really paying any attention. When I tried it on Cruel, the dude was cranking out Merciless levels of damage and I eventually got killed when I decided it was a good idea to try and switch gems in the middle of the fight.

There's the 4 statues and when you hit them it strips the charges off Izaro that he's built up. But depending on when you do it...it has other effects on the future fights? I'd read that if you activate the statues too soon, he gets adds in the next fight.

All in all, I really dig the Labryinth. It's closer to what I've always thought games like this needed: internal dungeon design logic. Traps, secret rooms, keys, mysterious buff shrines: it's all quick nice.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 06, 2016, 06:11:14 pm »

I think this is the worst expansion  to the game ever. The gameplay of traps and platforming is something I hate in any game, especially in arpg games. It slows the game down a lot, and generally really makes it boring for me. The game is also not designed for this type of challenges, as you need to finish it in one go and controls with point and click are not ideal compared to direct control of you char. This is horrible design in a online always game that can crash and lag out so you need to start the thing again, add to that that for those 40min to 1h you cant even get out of the dungeon if people want to buy something from you.

The only thing I do this dungeon is because of the new sublasses, otherwise i wouldn't touch it, and i hope they will separate in some way the class reward from the dungeon, because doing this crap 3 time for every character will be a pain in the ass. Making it optional content  that is not needed for the sub classes unlock would be great from my perspective.

On other side the subclasses them selves are really nice and the new league with the random NPC selling good items, is really impressive, but I fear it will get cut out and not implemented in the main game  because of trade centric balance and their shitty economy that is more important for devs than the actual game and its progression.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:12:54 pm by ragnar119 »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 06, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »

Well there's the item enchants. I think you get one of those per run (although I'm guessing the gear you can enchant is randomly chosen each item, as is the enchant.)

Haven't gotten to the Merciless Labyrinth yet, so I'm curious what Monster level it is and if it'll be an alternative to map grind.

Overall I like the variety even if dodge traps makes things a little fiddly. The runs take too long though. One set of rooms with an end boss would be plenty. Having to do it x3 per each run is bleigh after a while.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:53:50 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 06, 2016, 06:56:58 pm »

Theres the enchantments on gloves/boots/helmet if you don't skip it at the end, Naxta. The enchantment is random, but you choose specifically the item to be enchanted (gloves only in normal, cruel unlocks boots too, merc has all three available) The helmet ones are for particular skills. These can go on uniques too, but not corrupted items, and you can trade the enchanted items. (I've also heard you can craft them without losing the enchant, but I dunno on that for sure yet) So you can trade for them or run the labyrinth for them.

As for me, I've enjoyed it. Theres interesting challenges and lots of loot in chests if you pick up the silver keys, and potential for a ton of loot at the end if you get multiple treasure keys. I'm playing a sunder/earthquake/dominating blow maurauder (with a geofri's baptism from cadiro), and it certainly had some challenge in normal lab, but I like it. Dominus felt easy in comparison.

Perandus league is also great, although if someone pins down a chaos-perandus coin ratio, it might be a bit worse. The coins are great as a special-use thing, but not so much for trading, they vary too much. I got that geofri's for 131 coins, but theres also stuff like this for an exorbitant price.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:04:50 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 06, 2016, 08:19:54 pm »

I quite the Ascendancy expansion; there's something very fun about the Labyrinth to me. I like that it's so different from the main game and that it's legitimately challenging as all hell to get through.

With that said, I think it's way too hard. The bosses are too tough; after starting A4C, I jumped into cruel Labyrinth to see how it was. I fought Argus for five minutes before I ran out of flask charges and died, and only got him down to half HP. There's no reason the Lab miniboss should have literally ten times the HP of Voll, hit almost as hard as Voll's windup attack, and speed around the room fast enough to catch you even on a quicksilver. I did manage to burn through both him and Izaro on normal, but I had to get way over leveled to do it. I'd be fine if the bosses posed this much of a challenge on Merciless, but not on Normal/Cruel. You can't set the area's ilvl to the same as dried lake and then make the bosses as hard as if it was 20 levels and a difficulty higher than you. Killing Cruel Izaro is like killing Merciless Malachai. It's a joke.

The traps are special to me. I'm not a huge fan of the waiting traps - the lava floor in particular is lame and poses no difficulty whatsoever - but I like the change of pace everything else provides. However, I think my #1 problem with traps is that they conflict horribly with predictive mode. It's like GGG just thought "okay fuck everyone who cant use lockstep" and implemented all these traps that you can and will get rubberbanded into and lose half your HP. I can see myself getting killed by desync every few lab runs. It's absurd.

The secret rooms behind hidden switches, talking with your guildies to pass on information about the different passages and hidden darkshrines, the loot explosions once you beat all of it, the lack of portals making every encounter and pickup actually matter, the little keys and powerups you can get to make the dungeon easier... it's all hugely fun to me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:28:00 pm by Rex_Nex »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 06, 2016, 08:32:58 pm »

I beat Argus on Cruel with my 79 Scion, but it was a solid 3 minutes of Heavy Strike-Multistrike, and I was about out of potions even with a ton of life leech by the end of it.

I think I can at least beat Izaro on Cruel if I can understand how the fights work. I probably could have? beat him last time if it wasn't 7am and I was a dumb ass. But if that's Cruel, Merciless won't even be worth the time to try, it will be such a ball buster to defeat Izaro and reach the end.

Likewise, until the Treasure Chests are pooping out piles of 70+ Items, Unqiues, Gems and other goodies, it doesn't seem like Argus is worth the time to fight for one measly Treasure Key.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:23:34 pm by nenjin »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »

Yeah, Argus? Argus is not worth the effort. Not even in normal. And if you don't have movement speed on your boots, you will not avoid him.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 06, 2016, 10:29:24 pm »

So I have to revise my opinion of Argus.

He's not impossible to avoid. With no armor movement penalty, some boot speed, Temporal Chains and Shield Charge, I was able to avoid him for his entire enrage duration.

Still took about 3 to 4 minutes to kill on him on Cruel but I guess? he takes less damage during enrage because I was surprised at how fast his health went down compared to normal even with having to stop every 15 seconds or so.

Got an artifact off him, 3rd for this run.

So I dunno. I'll evaluate Merciless when I get there. If I can beat Izaro...

Seems the trick to Izaro is to hit the last pillar right before he dies. Which is hard because he has approximately 1.2 bajllion HP.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:31:32 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 06, 2016, 11:38:09 pm »

Well, beat Izaro on Cruel. Took over 5 minutes but it was...pretty do able as long as you avoid the big fuck off attacks.

Got 6 artifacts out this run too. Took probably 2 hours but it was worth it to go through the whole Labyrinth. There really is a crap load of stuff in there.

edit

Go to finally finish off Malakai in Merciless, a death march of fights if ever there was one. For some reason even though I've killed his 3 henchmen before, it makes me do it again. So there's another 30 minutes of slogging through death marching bosses. Finally get to Malakai, fighting him and Piety is balls. More death marching. Finally get her killed. Am almost done with the first heart on Malakai when.....the server disconnects me.

Sign back in, and it wants me to kill Malakai's 3 assholes again.

Amazing how this game can wipe out any good will I have toward it within a scant 48 hour period. It made me do all of Act 4 on Normal and Cruel again too when I logged in to try Ascendancy, because hey I guess saving progress is for fucking MORONS. I swear every time I come back to this game, half of my time is spent replaying content they ever changed and revoked my progress, or the stupid game never saved it in the first place.

Guess I'll have to wait til next weekend for the hour + Malakai death march boss fights. ><
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:55:40 am by nenjin »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 07, 2016, 07:04:00 am »

Tried the game again  after long time. Got to the maze and got bored of it in 30 min. I dont know WTF where they thinking to make a platformer from a arpg game, and shit it even more where you need to finish it without leaving the area.

On other side the subclasses them selves are really nice and the new league with the random NPC selling good items, is really impressive, but I fear it will get cut out and not implemented in the main game  because of trade centric balance and their shitty economy that is more important for devs than the actual game and its progression.

Haha, you can dream only. GGG cares more about the economy than the game it self and their trade crap where they literally destroyed potentially a good arpg game with bad balance and mechanic that are there only to support the economy.

Also the even worst thing is that they put a in game mechanic for trading that the community was asking for so long, and you know what? They put it behind a pay wall. A core mechanic that should be there from the release of game (that is heavily balanced around trade) is behind a pay wall, and it is making the game extremely close to pay to win. The game is really slow going down hill with  their direction.
Make love not war

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 07, 2016, 08:36:50 am »

Haha, you can dream only. GGG cares more about the economy than the game it self and their trade crap where they literally destroyed potentially a good arpg game with bad balance and mechanic that are there only to support the economy.
I think you're getting PoE mixed up with Eve or something, because your post makes no sense. If it was 'only about the trade', why would they wait 3 content expansions before improving any part of the trading?

Also, the improvement to premium stash tabs has literally changed next to nothing from the buyer's end. You still have to use an external site to get anything done in reasonable time, because trade chat does not exist in a usable state in any game. And you can still trade without it on both sides, like people have done since the closed beta, so you can take your p2w comment and eat it.

Unless you just came here to complain, and in that case why aren't you on reddit instead?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 07, 2016, 09:11:34 am »

I think you're getting PoE mixed up with Eve or something, because your post makes no sense. If it was 'only about the trade', why would they wait 3 content expansions before improving any part of the trading?

Also, the improvement to premium stash tabs has literally changed next to nothing from the buyer's end. You still have to use an external site to get anything done in reasonable time, because trade chat does not exist in a usable state in any game. And you can still trade without it on both sides, like people have done since the closed beta, so you can take your p2w comment and eat it.

Unless you just came here to complain, and in that case why aren't you on reddit instead?
No I am not mixing it with EVE. Its what GGG themselves said. The most important part of their game is the economy for them. In a fucking arpg game where most important part is to kill monster and from that get loot. They shit up the drop rates, implement a huge amount of currency sink behind RNG or huge prices only so the economy inflation does not go through roof.

Also they waited for basic trading because community did it for them with 3rd party programs. If it was not the case, you would still trade with spamming the chat (where still majority the players  still trade as they dont know anything about 3rd party programs because there nothing about it in the game it self) 

Dont need to eat anything, the game is slowly moving and giving more  and more benefits to people that pay real cash, and the fact that this basic mechanic is behind a pay wall says a lot that the game is going down hill. Putting things like this behind a pay wall is the worst thing they could do. In fact with instance trading that is coming they can no longer work around this trying to find some weak logic that because there are 3rd party programs its not pay to win.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:22:13 am by miljan »
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100