Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239523 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Atlas of Worlds
« Reply #1200 on: October 18, 2016, 06:31:07 am »

Anyway, they announced a AH like version for chinese POE release. And chris commented that they are looking in implementing parts of it in vanilla servers that will not be 100% same as in china. So at last it looks like we will see a fix to this problem in near future

(citation needed)

Prop up your statement with a verifiable link, or don't speak of it again.

First i will speak  and post how much I want. If you have problems with it go away from the forum in your little bubble.

Second here is the link
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/581hox/ingame_auction_house_in_poe_chinese_beta/

The last time you came around, it was with a bag of vitriol harvested from a subreddit and a thickskulled twitch-tard...  you've already flipped the bozo bit for most of us here, methinks.  Also, calling someone a fanboy because they think your opinion holds little to no value isn't helping.

There is plenty of criticism for PoE in this thread, from many people.  There are plenty of well-reasoned things to be miffed about; end-game design caters to the ultra-hardcore, performance issues that keep cropping up every time a new large patch hits, most of the new content for the last year+ has been a rolling remix of the building blocks previously already in the game.

If you have genuine discussion to bring, without buzzwords / bullshit / propaganda, then we welcome it.  If you're gonna keep banging on about stash tabs being P2W + GGG is the Anti-Christ for incentivizing people to use a feature that stops a de facto semi-DDoS of their forums (or a similarly odd hill to die on), then please go back to reddit.

No, i just call people fanboy when i see posts like the ones posted by that person and yours. And I did point out pay to win mechanics in PoE and stand behind it, but did not bring it up here in any way (you did lol). Yea, keep calling  thickskulled twitch-tard people that dont agree with you, and that are actually hosts of POE podcast and do constant interviews with devs for community and are big content creators of POE.

No buzzword, just simple arguments.  You should read your own posts and stop posting crap (for your own sake) if you do not agree with other people, because calling something propaganda or buzzwords  because you dont agree with it is laughable.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:33:39 am by miljan »
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:45 am »

performance issues that keep cropping up every time a new large patch hits

On this note, has anyone noticed that when you log in for the first time in a day that your connection is absolute shit? Like usually I log in, go straight to my Hideout and go straight to a Master Daily mission. Under normal working conditions this takes less than 30 seconds.

But when I log in for the first time, it hangs at reaching my hideout. Then it hangs at loading into the Master's zone. Then it will probably? load the zone...then lock up for a good 45 seconds before booting me to the login screen. When I reconnect, everything is hunky dory.

Normally I wouldn't mention it but this has been a repeatable thing over the last week of PoE I've been playing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 18, 2016, 10:03:03 am »

It to me sounds like while they got what they wanted (a sorta-AH), it sounds like rubbish compared to poe.trade. Its hard enough to find a decent ring in a single stashtab full of rings/amulets, trying to do that in a giant pile of them with no sorting? Nope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1203 on: October 18, 2016, 11:12:09 am »

Please cool off the name-calling etc. a bit in here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 18, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »

On this note, has anyone noticed that when you log in for the first time in a day that your connection is absolute shit? Like usually I log in, go straight to my Hideout and go straight to a Master Daily mission. Under normal working conditions this takes less than 30 seconds.

But when I log in for the first time, it hangs at reaching my hideout. Then it hangs at loading into the Master's zone. Then it will probably? load the zone...then lock up for a good 45 seconds before booting me to the login screen. When I reconnect, everything is hunky dory.

Normally I wouldn't mention it but this has been a repeatable thing over the last week of PoE I've been playing.

I've noticed this as well, in particular it hangs when I use each of my skills for the first time.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 18, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

Please cool off the name-calling etc. a bit in here.

This is why this is the best place on the internet.  Toady is the best mod ever.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 18, 2016, 02:55:04 pm »

On this note, has anyone noticed that when you log in for the first time in a day that your connection is absolute shit? ...

I haven't been playing lately, because the first day I went to kick the tires on Atlas of Worlds, I got performance dips anytime the screen got a little busy, rubberbanded twice (and died once from it).  I more-or-less finished the map I was on, then uninstalled.

I am hopeful for the theoretical improvements from the DX11 version, but I won't actually try until Act 5 is out.  If the performance improves, I'll at least play through to the end of Act 5 Normal... where the story has gotten to will determine whether I stick around.

I suppose if/how they retune Malachai's fight will factor in also.  If he morphs into a near-faceroll fight (the way Piety and Dominus did before him), no points will be won with me.

It to me sounds like while they got what they wanted (a sorta-AH), it sounds like rubbish compared to poe.trade. Its hard enough to find a decent ring in a single stashtab full of rings/amulets, trying to do that in a giant pile of them with no sorting? Nope.

I find it a bit obnoxious that we have to go to a third party site for tolerable trading conditions.  I mean, I get why GGG is reluctant to put in an auction house; trading turns into an ugly numbers game, both for buyers and sellers.  It also kinda bootstraps RMTers, which never helps the health of a game.  A tough nut to crack, for sure.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 18, 2016, 07:05:01 pm »

Were you trying to play at or near release? Because it's an almost universal truth these days that Day 0, 1 and maybe 2 are generally just shit for performance.

FWIW, when I clear past these weird connection issues (I assume GGG is doing some sort of queue system), most of my night is problem free after that. There's some weird latency spikes at around 3am to 6am (when I uh, should be asleep) but I assume that's just server maintenance and the # of servers in the clusters going down.

So generally since Lockstep, I'd call PoE's performance "good" overall, with some quirkness.

That said, I don't have a build that generates lag and I know that's not true for everyone.

I suppose if/how they retune Malachai's fight will factor in also.  If he morphs into a near-faceroll fight (the way Piety and Dominus did before him), no points will be won with me.

I'd expect these fights to get tuned down, hopefully. Merciless Dominus doesn't even really bother me anymore, as tedious a fight as it is. What I REALLY hope for that is you don't have to kill three goddamn bosses every time you want to go fight Malachai. That fight is bad enough already without having another 20 minutes added on to the front of it, and the risk of a total reset if you DC.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:20:04 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Kjara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 18, 2016, 08:36:29 pm »

I think the lag that you get on login for the first minute or so isn't really network latency; instead its due to having to load things from the disk (so people with standard hd's will see it the most, ssd's the least and it depends for hybrids).  It tends to be worse if you force it to load a lot of assets at once (flashy builds or any master mission that has alot of different enemy types on the screen at the same time). 

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 18, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »

Like Kjara said, a large amount (but not all) of freezes and startup lag come from loading. Part of this is due to how horribly the game stores it's data, which is mostly as one humongous file, the ggpk. This is made worse by the way it patches, which leads to a lot of empty space in the ggpk. You can fix this, slightly, by using the ggpk defrag tool

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 18, 2016, 10:49:07 pm »

Thanks for the tip, I don't think I've ever run it. That would at least explain the god awful patches for this game. They really need to move to a saner file system. Parsing a 12 gig file for deltas is kind of absurd. I wonder if that's simply so no one can reverse engineer the content.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 18, 2016, 11:23:52 pm »

Like Kjara said, a large amount (but not all) of freezes and startup lag come from loading. Part of this is due to how horribly the game stores it's data, which is mostly as one humongous file, the ggpk. This is made worse by the way it patches, which leads to a lot of empty space in the ggpk. You can fix this, slightly, by using the ggpk defrag tool

"Note for Steam Users: Don't use this."

How odd.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:22 pm »

Someone probably broke it with the steam version and they slapped that warning on.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 18, 2016, 11:37:35 pm »

I guess Steam might just redownload it if it detects a difference from source.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 18, 2016, 11:39:11 pm »

My understanding is the package isn't at all complicated, hence why a random guy was able to write a ruby script to defrag it. The issue is their official patcher has to handle it without risking corrupting the files if some dumbass turns off their computer during it.

It doesn't work on the steam version because steam has it's own way of managing the ggpk. Not sure exactly how.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 100