Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324211 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And can they still wear pants and footwear, so they don't go insane from nudity thoughts? I heard serpentmen did have that problem when made playable. Of course, NOEMOTION might prevent that.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ahahah, automatons going crazy because they cannot wear pants and are ashamed to show their robot lower parts is extremely funny :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Ahahah, automatons going crazy because they cannot wear pants and are ashamed to show their robot lower parts is extremely funny :).

Oh Deon, why did you have to burn that mental image into my mind?! D;
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Graphics
- Dwarven militia has got coats and caps.
- Policemen wear blue uniform with caps.
- Some new noble tiles.
- Sylvans look like real plant creatures rather than pointy eared bastards.
Plugins
- Updated Falconne's plugins to the latest versions.
- Added advanced stocks menu and autotrade plugins.
-- Pressing Ctrl-shift-z will bring up an advanced stocks menu.
-- When viewing stockpiles you can set them to set all items inside for trading or do it automatically.
Creatures
- Consuming vampire/lamia/demoniac blood now properly turns you into one.
- Deep spiders can be bred.
- Monstrous spider renamed to blackwood weaver.
- Blackwood weavers now appear in ANY savage forests.
- Fixed different poison name issues.
- Aurochs grow fur and can be sheared properly.
Dwarves
- House of Anvil dwarves get stone detailing bonus properly.
- All castes have proper in-game descriptions about their bonuses to skills.
- CMD(sage) is renamed to chief healer. Chief healer must be a dwarf of House of Scrolls.
- Chief Healer can appoint additional corpsdwarves who can perform diagnosis.
- Broker is renamed to trademaster. Trademaster must be a dwarf of House of Scrolls.
- Trademaster can appoint additional brokers who can trade at trade depot.
- Bookkeeper is renamed to treasurer. Treasurer must be a dwarf of House of Scrolls.
- Treasurer can appoint additional clerks which require offices (can be the same office with many chairs/tables, assign them to different chairs).
Workshops and items
- Chainmail leggings can be worn over trousers under plate leggings.
- Fortress mode alchemical potions/medicine last for 14 days instead of 1 day, an approximate time between dwarf meals.
- Feeding festive chest is now done in the festive hungry chest, not in the kiln.
- Sauna vent is now 3x3 and is called sauna. It can host multiple dwarves, and magma sauna now works properly.
- Added mithril wafer making to smelter.

This is a "fix" type release (although it has some additions like new nobles).

I have to run to work tonight again, it's 30 minutes to work... But I've managed to work on these fixes today, thanks a lot for the feedback! You are making this mod better for yourself and for others (because I cannot test everything due to work, only mod for you ;)).

Tomorrow I will work more on the new clockwork/remade castes and will finally put them in along the new buildings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would ask that with a new release, you include a compatibility note, for example, when you changed castes to houses, how did that affect compatibility. this would be very helpful with, for example, people who havent updated in a while, and also those worried about losing saves

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixing vampire blood appears to have worked, I became a Lamia by eating some of it's blood spattered on me. I didn't even have to do the tricking around with lacing it with water. Werebeasts are still powerful, though, one kicked my head in shortly afterwards ;D And that's a second adventurer now too- those werebeasts are still too strong for helmetless steel dwarf demigods.  :o
Is a titanite broadsword good or bad? And a mithril shortsword?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:31:58 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

How can high tier metal weapons be bad?

@Urist generally new releases currently are not save compatible. I will be noting this.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hello everybody i've been recently trying this mod and made a custom generated world using this mod's raws but there seemed to be a major bug that got my new serpentfolk adventurer killed relatively quickly. It seems that for one reason or another my civ's citizens started fighting amongst each other shortly after i started my adventurer. I was eventually cornered despite making my peasant serpentfolk the fastest i possibly could since citizens started randomly chasing and attacking her. Checking the Q menu showed i was still a devoted member of my home civilization at that point, but i became an enemy after a bit of fighting back.

has there been other reports of this loyalty cascade-like bug? im wondering if i may have done something wrong setting up the mod, or if its just something that occurs normally with the mod.

i also have a question that mainly involves the tileset for this mod. It would appear that this mod's ironhand tileset is somewhat different than vanilla's ironhand tileset. How do i mod the game so that it uses my other game's tileset by default and only uses the tileset that came with the mod when there are no other sprites?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Serpentfolk different sites may be hostile to each other even if from the same civ.

You will have to change tileset manually, this one is changed to suit the mod needs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Serpentfolk different sites may be hostile to each other even if from the same civ.

You will have to change tileset manually, this one is changed to suit the mod needs.
hmm ok.

another question then, is there a guide somewhere for all the new metals and races and creatures that were added with this mod? i hate discovering myself, and it took quite a long time for me to realize demoniac was the weakest vampire and that cobalt was as weak as copper.

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i noticed a fairly easy to fix bug while playing the new version. i started a desert embark, intending to use wicker for my beds, when i discovered that in the thatchery raws where it should have said BED it instead said BIN, and thought i would let everyone know to change that over to BED

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

No remade/clockwork yet? I'll wait. :)

Phoebus graphics: Creatures 'Green Slime' and 'Red Slime' have their tiles inverted.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:09:50 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could equip chain leggings under plate leggings, but only after removing the trousers. I guess it might be a LAYER_SIZE issue.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh, I will tweak it a bit more.

i noticed a fairly easy to fix bug while playing the new version. i started a desert embark, intending to use wicker for my beds, when i discovered that in the thatchery raws where it should have said BED it instead said BIN, and thought i would let everyone know to change that over to BED
Thanks a lot, I will patch it up in the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have some world generation questions that maybe someone can help me with.

1. I know you are supposed to choose the generate world with advanced parameters but what is the ideal size medium or large, region or island?
2. Is there any recommendations on generating a world that's diverse with locations and good and bad Civs? Are the defaults enough?
3. It seems like if i do a minor change to the enhanced generation properties such as changing the max temp from 75 to 70 the game will crash much more frequently when generating a world why is that?
4. I heard in a video somewhere that the ideal time-frame to stop generation is at 600 years, is that true  or should I let it go to the end?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108