Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324250 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, it makes them attack earlier.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Perhaps removing [MULTIPLE_LITTERS_RARE] then, to make sure they have the numbers required to survive worldgen?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Hmm. Perhaps removing [MULTIPLE_LITTERS_RARE] then, to make sure they have the numbers required to survive worldgen?

Tried your suggestion, didn't work. Tweaked it a bit, using [LITTERSIZE:2:3] didn't work as much as I expected in a 210-year world (83 kensari). Tweaked it up to 4:8, now everyone has enough kensari to kill :P (38000+ kensari, compare 61000 dwarves in a large region world).

PS: I failed to mention that I changed [CHILD:10] to [CHILD:8]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:47:53 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried your suggestion, didn't work. Tweaked it a bit, using [LITTERSIZE:2:3] didn't work as much as I expected in a 210-year world (83 kensari). Tweaked it up to 4:8, now everyone has enough kensari to kill :P (38000+ kensari, compare 61000 dwarves in a large region world).

PS: I failed to mention that I changed [CHILD:10] to [CHILD:8]

Nice. Did any other races die out? Merfolk?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the latest worldgen. Somehow, the numbers for both the ratkin and outlaws have lowered, but I don't think it's related to that. Meanwhile, Kensari are far plentiful compared to the nords.

PS: Also, Kensari need to breed in order to increase their numbers. This means if the initial pairs are killed in worldgen (not likely due to recent experiment results), it may hamper growth.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those are some nice big numbers. What kind of worldgen settings did you use?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
Created in DF v0.34.11.

[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:2X INTENSE ROULETTE]
[SEED:QXhaIqVTWcG4jYwcihCo]
[HISTORY_SEED:sJ7wIt4zlggNJWTShaiB]
[NAME_SEED:I kill your dogs]
[CREATURE_SEED:wUdyBHexDtuRQKvD7Jz7]
[DIM:257:257]
[EMBARK_POINTS:10000]
[END_YEAR:210]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:500:60]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0]
[ELEVATION:1:400:800:800]
[RAINFALL:0:100:400:400]
[TEMPERATURE:1:75:400:400]
[DRAINAGE:1:100:400:400]
[VOLCANISM:20:100:400:400]
[SAVAGERY:10:100:400:1200]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:300]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:2000]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:2250]
[TITAN_NUMBER:100]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:30:0:200000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:0]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:32]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:1]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:0]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:0]
[SECRET_NUMBER:0]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:0]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:0]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:200:4000:8000]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:200:4000:8000]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:15]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:3]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[VOLCANO_MIN:25]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:1032:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:1032:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:4128:13:12]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:8256:9:9]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:8256:7:6]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:8256:13:12]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:8256:13:12]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:200]
[RIVER_MINS:250:0]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:3000]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:20]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:20]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:20]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:10]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:5]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:100]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:250]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:1]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:20000]
[SITE_CAP:2000]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[RAIN_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:8256:16512:8256]

The worldgen is tweaked to have large amounts of good and evil biomes, as well as 25 volcanoes, 100 civs, 350 caves, 2000 megabeasts, 2250 semimegabeasts, 100 titans, no random demons and 1 type of bogeyman. It ends in year 210.

Basis for this worldgen was "Large Region", with 3 partial oceans (usually 1 for good, evil and normal each). Seed is irrelevant, but this was the seed I used to create the most recent iteration of the world, so you might get similar results. Finally, my computer crashes using this worldgen pretty frequently on the finalizing phase, and it takes about 15 - 20+ mins to complete.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nice setting, I may add it to the mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just slain 2 custom werebeasts and became one myself after scumming numerous times, and i must say i think they need to be changed so that they are re-balanced.

I came to attack alone at first since i just wanted the power to help regenerate a severed motor nerve but i was quickly killed as the naked peasant effortlessly charged my high strength dherim to the ground and shattered her bones through plate armor. I tried a different approach by getting rid of all armor so that there was no encumbrance but that did not go well because as it turns out the peasant was faster than superdherim agility with high strength (1600ish speed) and caught up, wrestled and killed me again.

so i decide that was the end of soloing super-peasant so i brought a squad of 5 melee dherim warriors and 1 dherim marksman from the nearby dherim town's castle in addition to myself to kill the peasant menace. It went better but not by much because whoever the peasant was targeting was getting the shit beat out of them and most attacks only teared the fat of the peasant for some reason and would not go deeper. The marksdherim did manage to get in some hits though, and stabbing attacks seem to work better and the peasant transformed into a werebeast in the middle of the fight.

Now heres when it got fun, most of my squad (including me) were dead or unconscious from pain and it seems the werebeast curse takes effect instantly so one of my squadies transformed in the middle of the fight and started fighting with the werebeast. I managed to get away and the peasant was slain but i lost both arms and all of my squad except the marksdherim and the "werebeast" spearman were dead. I then proceeded to scum since despite having been bitten i did not get the power to transform.

ok so changes(note: my adventurer started as a peasant):
-werebeast transformation power should not be available right away after being bitten, there should be a time-delay of at least a few days before transformation is available. This will make werebeast's bite attack actually viable in combat, its not a good idea to use bite atm since the enemy can just transform if it doesnt instantly kill them.
-werebeasts syndrome stat changes should be reduced drastically, my adventurer's speed in werebeast mode was 2.5k and all the attacks that hit her glanced off since here toughness was boosted by so much. Even in human mode she was able to carry a bag of 90 radishes and full metal armor of mixed bronze and iron without any sign of nearing encumbrance and she was only competent armor user. The strength boost was so crazy that size 200 or lower enemies hit by my sword in human mode were propelled several squares away occasionally.

Siradein

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [DABBLING SCRIPTER]
    • View Profile

Just a quick question.  Do secrets have to be learned from slabs, or can they be directly learned from the dragons in question?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About his toughness, guess what: when they say beware, only moon silver harms the creature, other arms don't cut so deep- they mean it. And stat boosts in human form are there to make sure poor naked peasants aren't easy prey when it's not that time of the month, as is the "transformation on injury" effect- though I agree, their agility could be dialed back a bit, even a demigod dwarf of steel can't hit them without becoming a vampire. And your point regarding the insta-infection is valid, and easily remedied by giving START:sometging other than 0 to the interaction.

Also, since apart from minor issues like the above, werebeasts being the bastard sons and daughters of Chuck Norris appears to be a feature in Genesis, my advice to cure severed nerves or missing limbs is this:
1) become a vampire. It's important to watch the name- you should get a vampire, not a lame-ass lamia or demoniac. Those have their physical attributes frozen, vampires don't. This step is relatively easy as they are frequent, and villagers will often do the hard work for you.
2) now, you have some nice increased attributes, and [NOT_LIVING] creature token. Go searching for towers, preferably using a lot of sneaking. If you find a tower, just lie down and sneak in, the zombies will let you crawl under them and the necromancers/pyromancers/druids won't notice you. Pick up and read any book you find, until you have it's powers.
3) if you found and read a Druid secret book, jackpot. You now have an aquired ability: Transform into Direwolf. It will heal all your injuries, and is actrivated purely at will. Also, enjoy Toughness bonus that comes with being a Druid.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question.  Do secrets have to be learned from slabs, or can they be directly learned from the dragons in question?

Slabs or books.
EDIT: some books. Even in towers, about 1 in 10 books grants the power. I found books around a dragon in a fortress once, but none of those held any secret. A shame, really, many secrets are only available that way, as only Pyromancers, Druids and Necromancers have undead minions to build them towers.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:15:07 pm by Tirion »

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well i didnt know about druid necromancers, but i already became a werebeast and they can transform at will too. Im pretty sure a size 1000, 2.5k speed werebeast is much stronger than a direwolf. I dont think any of the curses actually freeze stat gain so i think lamia is the strongest vampire because they get a 50% boost to speed. I've already modded my werebeast raws in my game to make them only slightly stronger than the strongest of vampires, im going to try to add the transformation delay now.

Oh and btw my werebeast mode still retained 2.5k speed despite the changes to the curse raws, so its still pretty dam godly. I use it as a panic button if anything ever goes wrong.

EDIT:
is adding the start delay like this valid?:
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME:START:1500]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [IE_ARENA_NAME:Werebeast]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:24:05 pm by Catsup »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think any of the curses actually freeze stat gain so i think lamia is the strongest vampire because they get a 50% boost to speed.

[INTERACTION:CURSE_LAMIA_1] doesn't. [INTERACTION:CURSE_LAMIA_2] to [INTERACTION:CURSE_LAMIA_5] freeze stat gain. You have a 80% chance to do so  :o Maybe Deon missed that one.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, missed that one. Thanks for all the feedback, fixes will be avaliable with the new version.

Werebeasts are supposed to be immune to anything but moonsilver, but I will tweak down the agility boost.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 108