Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323809 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ Genesis Reborn 5.43 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Build and summon
« Reply #1485 on: November 11, 2013, 12:23:43 am »

Sometimes having werebeasts in your army can be good :).

Also use silver/argentan/moonsilver when dealing with werebeasts, this should really help (especially if you fire silver bolts).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 11, 2013, 05:59:07 am »

Where does argentan rate on the metal scale for weapons/armor?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 11, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »

I believe its in the sub-iron category, probably a bit worse than copper.  As Deon said, its only use for military grade stuff is against werebeasts
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 11, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »

Learned the downside of having a werebeast in my military, he just slaughtered all 70 dorfs in my fort.  He turned a couple of them into werebeasts too, which then fought him for surpremacy until there was one left
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

spikeof2010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 11, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

I can't use the bone altars? No reactions are shown.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 11, 2013, 10:56:38 pm »

Learned the downside of having a werebeast in my military, he just slaughtered all 70 dorfs in my fort.  He turned a couple of them into werebeasts too, which then fought him for surpremacy until there was one left
Yeah, druids are much safer in this regard :D.

Argentan is former Nickel Silver. It's just a shorter name and sounds better gameplay/lore wise. A hero with an argentan dagger is more badass than a hero with nickel silver dagger in my opinion.

I can't use the bone altars? No reactions are shown.
My bad. Open the file /dwarf fortress/raw/objects/entity_dwarves.txt, find a word "religion" after which you can see a bunch of permitted buildings and reactions and add
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SACRIFICE_BONES]
It's a placeholder reaction anyway to give your more ways to get elemental crystals. I plan to add bone minions of sorts which you can summon via skull throne.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

spikeof2010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 12, 2013, 07:05:13 pm »

How would one go about making a rock anvil? Or is it any anvil? I need my fire temple. :<

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 12, 2013, 08:11:07 pm »

It's not rock anvil, it's inorganic anvil. The game says it as "rock" (a weird part of the game it is), but any metal will do.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

I vaguely remember that once upon a time words were said about giving casts different tiles/sprites. Has that been finished engine wise yet? If so, could clockworks and million urist dwarves remades get a different civilian tile than normal dwarves some time down the line?
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:21 pm »

Still impossible.

In fact, if it were possible, it would have been done for over 17 months now. That's when the last DF update came out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'll release an update soon.
I've made a Chandlery building where you can make candles from wax or tallow.

Candles can be used to build a new decorative workshop Chandelier (which gives off light with Rendermax). Also they are used to create Chapterhouse, and in guild changing reactions.

Also candles can be used to thoroughly study training tomes in Library, which wastes a candle and gives more skill per try.

But that's not why I post here. I've also added flying skulls and pumpkins with candles inside. And yeah, a new aboveground plant pumpkin.

Skull lanterns and jack-o-lanterns are flying vermin hunters with really high ability to spot sneaking thieves/ambushers. They are made with 1 candle and a skull/pumpkin in skull throne/water temple.

So yeah, two more summons. Now I post here to ask if you have any ideas for cool summons which I should add with the upcoming release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Jack-o-lanterns?

Pumpkin king.

Jack-o-lantern with skeleton/bones to make a weak warrior what breaks down into its parts when it dies? Or at least the punkin maybe.

That would be cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Build and summon
« Reply #1497 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:59 am »

Brilliant idea with the Jack'o'Lanterns. :)

But are you sure about Chandeliers? If you build a 1tile workshop, it can be build outside or in the caverns, and it would be strange to have a free-floating chandelier. Maybe you did mean Candelabra? (Not saying that you dont know your English, but I made exactly that mistake when I did my light-workshop. ^^)

Other summons: Weapons. Animated weapons. Make a sword, a mace, a warhammer, that kind of stuff. Flying, 1-bodypart in the shape of the weapon, with the same natural attacks as the weapon. Some castes for bronze, iron, steel, and good to go. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Build and summon
« Reply #1498 on: November 13, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »

Yeah, I meant candelabra... Thanks for the note, I always thought it's the same word for both in english :D.

Magical weapons sounds amazing, thanks for the idea!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »

Still impossible.

In fact, if it were possible, it would have been done for over 17 months now. That's when the last DF update came out.

Yes, that is the last time DF was released, but it was always my understanding that the TTF and graphics stuff was being heavily worked on by a third party who's name I can't recall, and that it's progress was largely independent of the rest of the game. Given that we should hopefully get an updated DF sooner rather than later, I guess I should have asked if there was any news about that support being added in the next release so that such a thing could happen.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108