Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089212 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

True dat.
*coughwurmvillagecough*

But hell, if its a good game, like our minecraft settlement, minecraft is a pretty good game, we'll get into it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Planetside 2 should have significantly more bloodshed than Wurm, so I can imagine it holding Bay12 interest for longer.  Usual scheme then?  Guild named "The Twelfth Bay"?  Or perhaps something like "Twelfth Bay Rushers" or "Twelfth Bay MAXs" or I dunno, something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Dwarven Organized Ordinance and Mayhem?

Also, remember that owning hexes will not only give your empire resources but reduce the time required to capture bases so nothing is 'just another hex' here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The Twelfth Bay Regiment/Outfit/Whatever maybe?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Battleaxe Regime

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

12th regiment of bayshire!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Is the guild support confirmed or will we be reduced to a puny clan tag?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

They are called outfits, but yes they are in.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More specifically, what is an outfit?  Do we just get an "Outfit Chat" tab and a tag by our name, or do we get boosts of some sort?  I know a lot of games give you things like guild halls, bonus exp if you're fighting with guildmates in the same party, shared inventory, etc.  Maybe if your outfit captures a base then the whole outfit gets more of that resource gain than just spreading it amongst the nation or something?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I think we have too many Pilots now :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Well, then The Twelfth Bay seems sufficient to me. Otherwise people may misunderstand where we're from.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tip, if you had a subscription to PS1 go check your account status, over the years they've been giving out free game time, i have 45 days saved up and accidentally activated it on Sat night so i've been playing again ;p

PS, don't go NC(n00bhammers, 1 shot no skill kills), and TR just spray and pray! VS is where all the cool people are, plus they need many more players we struggle to get 25% population. VS HA weapon are just not as good/easy to use, so be cool and join the VS! :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vehicles are fine.  We could roll in tank forces or something.  But I think the most of us will come to realize that tanks are big and fun and powerful, but there's a lot of versatility issues that discourage tank use.  For one the logistics of getting them somewhere, and the lowered mobility.  Can't hop up a tower in a tank, or go inside most places.

Aircraft suffer similar drawbacks, the biggest being visibility.  It's extremely easy for AA to peg planes.  If we're going to have any successful runs, it'll have to be with stages.  Infiltrators hack and/or destroy AA turrets.  Aircraft sweep through the anti-ground forces.  Tanks and MAXs roll against the enemy infantry.  Infantry moves in to secure.

I really think the Infiltrator class will get a massive boost to usefulness that most players don't bother with, or start calling QQ that infiltrators are so OP but they're not proactive enough to play one.  Imagine the widesprad chaos of a dozen infiltrators sneaking explosives and hacks into an enemy base, all set off at once as they steal turrets, destroy vehicle spawn points, and set explosives where reinforcements will be coming through.  Well-performed sneak attacks can deal wholly more damage than triple the force of high explosives.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

Or we could just find a nice base with a magma moat and defend that.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

PS, don't go NC(n00bhammers, 1 shot no skill kills), and TR just spray and pray! VS is where all the cool people are, plus they need many more players we struggle to get 25% population. VS HA weapon are just not as good/easy to use, so be cool and join the VS! :)

Word of note: People may actually have different opinions then yours. Just because you like the Vanu does not mean they are the best faction. (Stupid Barnies :P)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 826