Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084998 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Giant Enemy Crab.
Giant Enemy Crab nothin', Vanu's the bloody Space Pirates.
The Vanu are not space pirates, they are Zebesians.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

7 is enough for an infiltrator, manned liberator, and some ground forces!

Sounds good.  It would be useful if we could put the list in the OP, and update it as it goes along, as it would be much easier to see who else is playing.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Yes, how dare they? I for one am a big believer in fairness. I signed up for the damn thing on their website the moment it became available. I haven't received anything yet. But now they're having people debase and degrade themselves for their own amusement? And they're giving early access as a reward for this on a whim, at the cost of the people who signed up legitimately? (because early beta will presumably only accommodate a limited number of people, so every person who gets in via their twitter equals someone else who gets pushed down the queue) That is unfair and disgusting.

You voluntarily entered into a competetion to win the chance to play a game slightly earlier than everyone else. If anyone debased and degraded you in the course of events, it's your own silly self.

You haven't lost anything, been deprived of anything, or missed out on anything other than a relatively small portion of your time which you gave up willingly because you thought you would definatly win the minor and inconsequential prize.

They're giving something away, it doesn't have to be fair. They can do what they want with their beta keys. And since neither you nor I work at SOE you don't know how their beta access works. Saying that these twitter keys will lose people who signed up (who arent guaranteed a key anyway, and lost nothing by signing up) is just wild speculation based solely on the fact that you personally haven't got a key yet.

But by all means keep debasing and degrading yourself then whining about how it's not fair that you did that to yourself.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

if you really want a key so baldy if you want to send me £6 my way i would gladly pick you up a magazine.

also how come i was in a list ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You voluntarily entered into a competetion to win the chance to play a game slightly earlier than everyone else. If anyone debased and degraded you in the course of events, it's your own silly self.

You haven't lost anything, been deprived of anything, or missed out on anything other than a relatively small portion of your time which you gave up willingly because you thought you would definatly win the minor and inconsequential prize.

The exact same kind of reasoning could be used to justify any kind of con or fraud. "Oh you gave your money to that guy willingly, it's your own damn fault, stop whining." No, that's bullshit. How large or small the damage was doesn't really matter, it's the principle of the thing. They're doing much the same thing as that Russian asshole that was in the news here a few weeks back. He was throwing money out of a window and laughing as people were fighting each other for it. But I guess you don't see a problem with that either, do you.

They're giving something away, it doesn't have to be fair. They can do what they want with their beta keys. And since neither you nor I work at SOE you don't know how their beta access works. Saying that these twitter keys will lose people who signed up (who arent guaranteed a key anyway, and lost nothing by signing up) is just wild speculation based solely on the fact that you personally haven't got a key yet.

Wrong. It's based on how betas of other games typically work.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if you really want a key so baldy if you want to send me £6 my way i would gladly pick you up a magazine.

also how come i was in a list ?

It's a list of people who have beta keys.  If I have made a mistake, I will take you off of the list.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If he'd gotten a key I bet he wouldn't be so grumpy about the giveaway.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, from what I can tell:

Girlinhat
Aptus
jocan2003
draco1234
ScriptWolf(?)
Drakale
Vattic

Anyone I've missed?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My contact at SOE says that only 2 people there can give out access to the beta and everyone and their brother is trying to call in favors. He promises me a few keys but no time frame. Sorry chaps.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're saying sorry for saying you're going to give out keys (I assume, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in that wording) later?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's nothing to be sorry about.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I've got one as well. Of course if it follows other betas, not everyone who has a beta key will gain access at the same time, but they will stagger additional groups over the course of a few weeks to help them with stress testing.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

The Vanu are not space pirates, they are Zebesians.
Zebesians are Space Pirates :P

But yeah, that's the particular... sub-species, I guess. Was giving the Vanu a little more wiggle room and hoping they make themselves a biological supermech called the K-Raid. They'd just have to color it purple, and maybe give it an extra set of pincer arms or something.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got one as well. Of course if it follows other betas, not everyone who has a beta key will gain access at the same time, but they will stagger additional groups over the course of a few weeks to help them with stress testing.
It still helps to have a general list of who to look out for.

Update:

Girlinhat
Aptus
jocan2003
draco1234
Drakale
Vattic
Metalax
Scriptwolf
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:12:39 pm by draco1234 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I can now only imagine the Vanu as some very short, stereotypical mexicans with purple spraypaint cans.

"An' here you see we develop newest mech!"
"Your... your tech crew is just a bunch of guys using spraypaint on this NC mech you stole."
"Nonono, come look at our biolab!"
"That's... a bunch of other guys spraypainting a space pirate Kraid."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:23:14 am by Girlinhat »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 826