Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086385 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I also wish PS2 would be ultrarealistic, and in WW2. Dangit.

Armok no... I am so bloody tired of WW2 shooters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Pretty sure someone did answer you on the logistics, Anvilfolk.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Not sure what I want to play as yet, going to wait until i've tried the beta.  I'm leaning towards Anti-tank/Pilot though
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:47:16 pm by draco1234 »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Pretty sure someone did answer you on the logistics, Anvilfolk.

So they did - my bad. There might be some room then, though I didn't play PS1 and so don't know what a lot of those things are :) I guess hopefully I'll see you all when this launches.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

So what's the deal with the PC gamer key? You have to get a physical copy of the magazine? Is that just in the UK or what?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Group created, "DF - Planetside 2 Chapter" under the abbreviation DF-PS2.

Open to all.  I'll be assigning announcement rights to people with keys, but things like chat and such will be open to all so that we can discuss as much as the non-disclosure agreement allows us to.

Once open beta and/or full release comes around, then I'll lift all restrictions and let everyone do announcements and organize events, because everyone will be playing.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a open beta, it will be "a few weeks" after closed beta.
I'm suprised, I thought the open beta would have been closer to the release than that.
They probably have most of the gameplay bugs ironed out, so the beta is more for testing how well the servers hold up with a lot of people than anything else, with the closed/open split just making sure all of the stuff they have set up for that actually works.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

The game looks finished.  They've got all the models and the physics and the maps.  All that's really left is to stress-test the servers and to balance things like damage, ROF, vehicle speed, and other gameplay details.  The game itself is done, it's just some polish left.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Closed beta is testing, and some marketing. Open beta is marketing. They do learn SOME things, but a lot of developers who really do let players play an incomplete, buggy game during the beta have this the hard way.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of the animations still look a bit clunky, so that will probably be fixed as well

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

Well it's marketing and real world stress testing. Take Tribes, which used the open beta to work on the game balance. Nothing finds problems like letting an army of gerbils run around in the maze for a few hours.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Joined the steam group. All we need now is a fitting picture for it...

*starts GIMP and begins editing*
Edit: how will an NC MAX with a dwarf face do?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like it, add some vehicule on the side lets say a vanny poiting SW behind the max and a lighting pointing SE with a galaxy hovering all that? or just a max with dwarf face :D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:15:31 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What faction is the MAX?  Just to be picky  :P
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 826