Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085022 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

A perfectly valid research path.  ;D
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds more like Warhammer 40k Orks to me. :P

I never gave the Vanu much of a shake in the original, but I love their new look and I always was kind of envious of the Magrider. Maybe I'll play around with them this time.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm not into this high-tech stuff with levitating tanks and plasma rifles. I much prefer something that shoots ordinary bullets, which AFAIK means the TR. What about the NC? I can't really tell from the videos if their weapons are supposed to be conventional guns or not. Anyone know how their guns work?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

No beta keys for me.
cant get PCgamer in belgium, it seems. I just visited one of the biggest gaming shops, no luck :(
Cya in the release, i guess.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

No beta keys for me.
cant get PCgamer in belgium, it seems. I just visited one of the biggest gaming shops, no luck :(
Cya in the release, i guess.

Don't worry, the keys are for the closed beta.  More than likely there will be an open beta afterwards, which will involve much less bug finding, more people, and generally will be more   !fun!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:35:35 am by draco1234 »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a open beta, it will be "a few weeks" after closed beta.  - I read this somewhere, it may not necessarily be right.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:44:42 am by Draxis »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a open beta, it will be "a few weeks" after closed beta.
I'm suprised, I thought the open beta would have been closer to the release than that.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm not into this high-tech stuff with levitating tanks and plasma rifles. I much prefer something that shoots ordinary bullets, which AFAIK means the TR. What about the NC? I can't really tell from the videos if their weapons are supposed to be conventional guns or not. Anyone know how their guns work?
TC has machineguns.  NC has cannons.  They're both conventional firearms, it's just a difference in rate of fire, accuracy, and damage output.  TC will put a lot of shells down-range very fast, but NC would get better armor penetration, and perhaps better damage output depending on how accurate you are.

TC is always trying to mount more barrels, as reference by TotalBiscuit's whole "quad cannon omg" while NC is trying to increase caliber.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm liking the sound of NC, as big guns are always nice  8)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The NC's basic sidearm is a shotgun pistol.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

if you really want a key so baldy if you want to send me £6 my way i would gladly pick you up a magazine.

also how come i was in a list ?

It's a list of people who have beta keys.  If I have made a mistake, I will take you off of the list.

*note* the PC gamer key gives you 100% change to get into beta when the doors open so yeah I do I have a beta key, just waiting for them to open the doors now hehe :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I think I'm gonna make a steam group for the beta players so we can organize a bit better.  Others would probably be allowed in the group to witness announcements and such, but only people with keys could like, do announcements and such.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

I think I'm gonna make a steam group for the beta players so we can organize a bit better.  Others would probably be allowed in the group to witness announcements and such, but only people with keys could like, do announcements and such.

Yeah I like this idea seeing as though the beta will be soon, how will you add people ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Nobody answered whether there is a space for logistics. I has a sad now. I wanted to ferry people around and provide support.

*sniffles*

I also wish PS2 would be ultrarealistic, and in WW2. Dangit.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like a good idea.  Give us a shout when it's set up  :)

And Driver/Pilot covers logistics, so i'm sure theres a spot for you.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:39:14 pm by draco1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 826