Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084926 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea when Open Beta is going to happen? I would love to do Closed, but I don't have the time right now to jump through hoops in order to get a chance at a key.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Any idea when Open Beta is going to happen? I would love to do Closed, but I don't have the time right now to jump through hoops in order to get a chance at a key.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110391.0

I'll be on-server awaiting ludicrous combat.
If you've got some time now, this game is like 1MB size and pretty fun.  Someone's got a dedicated server and I'm thinning the bots a little right now.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the server, I'd suggest polling where people are located. People are way too likely to over- or under-estimate where they can play otherwise. I do think that the US servers are a better idea for most non-location based reasons (saying this as a Brit), but having an idea of our user distribution could be useful regardless. Not least for working out timezones and stuff.

I've been trying to find out where the US servers are going to be and all I can find is a rumour they will be in San Francisco (where I believe the current PS servers are). That may be a stretch even for most well connected European players, but again I do think it's a wait and see.

My plan is to download both clients and try both sets of servers after launch. Probably just stick with one during beta though, and it looks like the beta key is for the SOE/US servers only. If there isn't much in the way of grinding in this game it would be trivial to simply hop on the server where stuff is currently going down even if it means playing with a high ping for a couple hours.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'll be on in a bit, I've been meaning to try out ANZ for a while now, but for the moment I'm busy.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I got one, going to reedeem it now.

EDIT: Done, I'll leave a comment in the steam group regarding this so I may be added to the list there.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:10:23 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This thread AND the steam group say to report in chat!

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

If anyone still has a spare can I have it?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got my key! Thank god! Ill report it in chat too, since i have steam on my phone, but wanted to announce it here too!

Also, im canadian, eh? Since we're doing that.

EDIT: Lame, cant use the chat on my phone. Ill report in when i get home then.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:58:07 pm by timferius »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Well, I got a couple jousting kills before I lost connection to the server, but another guy got like four. How many keys were up for grabs?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

warhammer651 has won the first key, but draco also has a spare so the jousting continues for another match!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Count update :  10 EU         
                        9 US

Seems to be very even at the moment...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:21:34 pm by draco1234 »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile

Make that ten for the Americans!  Because we're awesome and not Lost Colonies.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What? we're doing a poll?

USA!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

:P went off for one day and 20 pages appear. this is going to take some back reading. Can all important info be displayed on OP please? -IF thread maker is up to it- just so folks dont miss out who cant get on for the time being.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we say NA instead of US? Love you guys to the south, but we do have our own identity up here   :P
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 826