Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089671 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Yeah but you use IRC as well. You can be in charge of the ballista of the B12 team, k? :)

Does anyone have more info on the "classes"? In PS1 you could be a heavy armored engy, or a light armored heavy weaponguy, or a stealth medic, with some inventory restrictions. This because I really want that jetpack, and still be able to heal MAX units or do something useful.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I haven't seen anything saying that equipment is restricted by class. There's no reason I can think of to disallow you using a repair tool as a light assault class.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I believe a lot of equipment is restricted.  A MAX can't use an engineer's ACE tool.  An engineer can't use an infiltrator's sniper rifle.  An infiltrator can't use a heavy assault's rocket launcher.  If there were no item restrictions, there would be no classes!

But, I think a lot of the utility items can be unlocked for other classes.  Infiltrators can go for jetpacks or cloaking.  Engineers can get the ACE or bombs.  Or stuff like that.  You'll be able to play non-traditional roles, like a heavy assault with a jetpack, or a medic with grenades, but you won't be able to do absurd things like a MAX with cloak.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Hm, I was under the impression that the class would have a slot, like your rifle slot, and you'd choose from the rifles you've unlocked. Is every weapon class-specific?

Maybe I'm spoiled by PS1, where you can put any rifle in a rifle slot.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I think it'll work in fields.  Snipers on Infiltrators.  Assault rifles on Infiltrators, Light Assault, Medic.  Machineguns on Light Assault and Heavy Assault.  Rocket launchers on Engineers and Heavy Assault.  Just your general common sense class distinctions.  I know games like Call of Duty let you get "any weapon" and "any secondary weapon" but PS2 looks to have broad class definitions.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

It looks like most of us are going to be drivers and air force :P

Let's call ourselves the Dwarven Mechanized Attack Force, or DMAF for short.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It looks like most of us are going to be drivers and air force :P

Let's call ourselves the Dwarven Mechanized Attack Force, or DMAF for short.
No no no.

The Bearded Assault/Mechanized Force. BAMF

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

Mechanical Beards the Gory Aircraft of Raping.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'd rather rape not be part of our name.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Mechanical Beards the Gory Aircraft of Raping.

This may result in problems in-game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Change to Rapping. problem solved?

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

It's a joke related to how forts would end up with the word "rape" in some form or another in their name quite often >_>

Alrighty then, scrap that name.

Mechanical Beards the Aircraft of Tanks.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

one question, has any more info been released on how units are going to work ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dastardly Operatives the Razor Flame or DORF for short.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Do Our Flamethrowers Frighten?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 826