Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089748 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as you sign up for beta with the sony station account which had PS1 subscribed, they plan to authorize their PS1 base prior to the start of beta (which means you may not have a key until just before it starts).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I finally have a computer that can run this, so I joined the steam group.  Unfortunately, I also procrastinated on signing up until now, so you may not see me until the full game is released.  :P

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New trailer.  It's glorious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNlModij9A
Now excuse me while I go watch it again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The game motto says "Size always matters", and NC is all about big guns... more reason for me to support NC, I guess.

I wonder how those energy shields that appeared at the base entrance will work.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Very shiny  :D

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suspect it's their implementation of the shield module.  Judging by how the NC is defending it the general purpose (blocking weapon fire) is probably relatively unchanged from PS1.

edit: seeing as a number of people are going NC, I made a guide to the equipment that their corporate taskmasters sponsors have so generously outfitted them with.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:02:33 pm by Microcline »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nickelback? Oh no you didn't.

Play Lahannya instead:
http://www.myspace.com/music/player?aid=18114222&ac=now
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

I suspect it's their implementation of the shield module.  Judging by how the NC is defending it the general purpose (blocking weapon fire) is probably relatively unchanged from PS1.

edit: seeing as a number of people are going NC, I made a guide to the equipment that their corporate taskmasters sponsors have so generously outfitted them with.

Hey, if rocks are good enough in Amnesia, rocks are good enough for the NC.

>:(
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'm firing up GIMP, you made me do something I might regret...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

There is no regret.  Only retroactive pride.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Here you go. Now, take these image templates, and make me regret this thing I did!

Here are some image templates I made for you to copy straight into MS-Paint or whatever and get started:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the components of the images if you want to do something extra wacky and still have it look nice:

Consider this a competition with sheer unadulterated infamy as the prize.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*collects jaw from floor*
So about that nearest TR recruitment center..?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

So I posted this on facebook, and after the usual jabs from my *MAJORPUBLISHER* friends about how a PC is a console with too many buttons (pfff, all those buttons, sounds like work), a (non-gamer!)friend comments: "Can't they be a bit more careful, don't they know what ammo costs?! This is pure waste!". He aptly identified the TR for what they are :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

More proof that the NC is absolutely dwarven.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:17:16 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Planetside Twitter Account
If you're a @planetside2 fan, you should definitely check out @PlanetsideTV's event on July 1st: http://youtu.be/xtGIqXb1m6U

Just saw this on their twitter. Speculate away! (haven't checked the link yet, can't right now, what is it?).
Oh, upon further investigation, it's a fan-organized last hurrah for PS1. Damn, was all excited for a minute.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 826