Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089279 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

So B12 will not be concentrated in a single faction.
I suggest we share super-secret info here.
Just for the lulz.

"HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS SUPER-SECRET BARELY-DEFENDED MAX SUPPORT?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

So B12 will not be concentrated in a single faction.
I suggest we share super-secret info here.
Just for the lulz.

"HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS SUPER-SECRET BARELY-DEFENDED MAX SUPPORT?"

A lot of the people who picked a faction are happy to play any faction.  So as long as we pick a main faction, most people should be on it.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

IF you guys see a medium sized aircraft zooming just a few meters above the ground, it's probably me.

I do bombing runs like that.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

If you guys see a Liberator flying upside down, then you probably want to get your vehicles out of the sky.  I'll be doing retroactive bombing runs with the belly turret faced at the enemy aircraft.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...retroactive bombing runs?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You heard me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds insane.

In other words, dwarven.

Woudnt bombs just fall back in?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Retroactive implies that you hit them so hard they become leveled THROUGH TIME and suddenly have been ruins for years.

Did you mean "Inverted"?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Retroactive implies that you hit them so hard they become leveled THROUGH TIME and suddenly have been ruins for years.

Did you mean "Inverted"?
No, now i'm certain that she means retroactive.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Did you mean "Inverted"?
No, now i'm certain that she means retroactive.
Maybe 'Retrograde'?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The poll is:
TR 20
VS 30
NC 40
Those are good numbers to end on.
Looks like we'll primarily be Bay12, New Conglomerate.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

If you guys see a Liberator flying upside down, then you probably want to get your vehicles out of the sky.  I'll be doing retroactive bombing runs with the belly turret faced at the enemy aircraft.
Definately sounds dwarfy to me, finding over-the-top solutions to simple problems..  I might have to give it a go  :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Girlinhat's School of Ground-Based Flight;
Teaching soldiers how to fly their tanks for 20 years.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, you need to firearms education real quick. The notorious "shotgun pistol" of real life is called The Judge, and it's a revolver, so there is no magazine involved. It also uses .410 shotgun shells, which are considerably smaller than twelve gauge shells.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see in this comparison of different shotgun shell sizes, the .410 shell (leftmost) is the smallest popular shotgun shell, though it is very popular. Most commonly used is the 12 gauge (middle). The .410 shell uses a caliber measurement, meaning it is 0.41 inches in diameter. The "gauge" shells use an archaic measurement based on how many lead balls could be cast from one pound of lead for a gun with a barrel of that diameter- a ball made for a 12 gauge gun would be 1/12 of a pound, a ball for a 4 gauge gun would be 1/4 pound, the the higher the gauge, the less the diameter of the actual shell. (Sorry for image hugeness.)
Lastly, in terms of shotguns as sidearms, you might also be thinking of a super-short tactical shotgun like this, which is actually designed to be fired from the hip with loose arms (note that it has no sights of any kind).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, you need to firearms education real quick. The notorious "shotgun pistol" of real life is called The Judge, and it's a revolver, so there is no magazine involved. It also uses .410 shotgun shells, which are considerably smaller than twelve gauge shells.

I'm going to go ahead and say, without any knowledge and before I google it, that there are more shotgun pistols than just that one.

Edit: Yeah, aside from stuff like really short barreled sawn-offs (which are pistols I guess, since they don't have revolver chambering?) There's also The LeMat Revolver from the US civil war. And something called a Super Comanche which has a cool name.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:07:05 pm by fenrif »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 826