Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089437 times)

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

I didn't get it either, nor is it on the spam folder.

Zona, how did you get your key? Maybe it has something to do with the key's source.

I got mine off twitter. I was lucky, it only took four days.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Well just gonna copy-paste this from the SA forums :
"For those poor limeys or euros who cant access the survey, change your language to US English in firefox (may work in other browsers). You will see the change survey button when you login on the beta button you have tried before.
I dont know if they were intentionally filtering non US guys or not but it worked for me."

"Also if you don't want to fiddle with browser settings, the URL on the login page will have en_GB or whatever country - change it to en_US and you're good to go!"

Gonna try it later.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah when i do that it said im already registered for beta but i cannot update my information. I have 2 account with them and on is way out of date and i cannot update my information.

You should have gotten an email, I had one when I just checked. Just click the link!

Okayyyyy I never received confirmation I had been accepted into beta BUT I got the email Zona posted above to update my specs. Does that mean I have been accepted into beta??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Yeah when i do that it said im already registered for beta but i cannot update my information. I have 2 account with them and on is way out of date and i cannot update my information.

You should have gotten an email, I had one when I just checked. Just click the link!

Okayyyyy I never received confirmation I had been accepted into beta BUT I got the email Zona posted above to update my specs. Does that mean I have been accepted into beta??

Probably not. I think they're picking some poeple with high-end computers, some with mid-end comptuers, some with low-end computers and so on. To test if it all works for everyone.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remarkably vague hardware survey is remarkably vague.
Yep...
Especially since their survey puts my laptop in the top tier of options, because I have an i7-3610QM and a 7750m graphics card and 16GB RAM, despite the fact that there are going to be plenty of AMD 6000 series cards that are more powerful than mine...

And I found the survey by clicking the link "computer specs" in the press release.  :P
It then just asked me to login and I was at the survey.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:56:14 pm by Mistercheif »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well just gonna copy-paste this from the SA forums :
"For those poor limeys or euros who cant access the survey, change your language to US English in firefox (may work in other browsers). You will see the change survey button when you login on the beta button you have tried before.
I dont know if they were intentionally filtering non US guys or not but it worked for me."

"Also if you don't want to fiddle with browser settings, the URL on the login page will have en_GB or whatever country - change it to en_US and you're good to go!"

Gonna try it later.
That made the trick for me
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, there, got my email today. Guess some were just a day behind? Anyways, sounds like the technical tests are starting soon (I believe those are internal?), so actual Beta I would say will ramp up mid to late July. Not that I have any real industry insight, but sounds reasonable to me, right?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think they've already been doing internal technical tests, even before E3.

I [wonder if | suspect], with so many people with keys, they might end up inviting different people for each test session.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:18:44 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My guess is they'll ramp up. So, with fictitious numbers and all, they'd invite 100 this week, then another 200 next week, etc. etc. until they've got at least a servers worth playing.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, anyone who was/is a PS1 subscriber (not entirely sure about people who had free accounts) should now/soon have an extra 30 days of play time on their account. I got mine this morning and played a bit.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I've been playing, but the enormous ping time doesn't help my twitch-fire skills. Did manage to knock down a damaged loadstar with my galaxy though :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

So, its 2am, PS devs increased the pop limit. http://www.mmorpg.com/streams.cfm Higby is streaaaming. My outfit is planning on gal raiding them... constantly

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got that email to tell them my specs.. and when I click the link there's nowhere to update my specs, just tells me I've already signed up for the beta... Dammit SOE I was subscribed to PS1 for years just give me the beta key.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You won't get a "key" Rakonas. You'll just get your account activated when it comes time. Stop worrying.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.

Weird, my old PS1 account didn't get the free game time that you guys are mentioning. Maybe it's because I had them remove me from the mailing list a few years ago so they just deleted all my data (although I still had my old username, so ???).

I wonder if that means it lost the fact that I was a paid subscriber years ago (I even had the overpowered BFRs and everything) and I won't be getting in the beta? :(
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 826