Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085001 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know anyone willing to sell their beta key? :D

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

If they can be unbound from the account, then you have one right here. :D

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think they can unfortunately, needs to be EU too :(

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, screw gentlemen's agreements. Gen killing is ALWAYS a viable tactic. If you don't kill the gens or at least the tubes then you have a long, hard, bloody trail down to the capture room. And the defending team has a definite advantage there if they just keep respawning.
Ghost hacking is always a great tactic, too. Distracts the enemy the first few times, but as time goes on more and more people will just assume someone else is dealing with it. I've very nearly had ghost hacks result in actual captures a few times. Personally I don't see the game as being centered around gaining xp, but actually, well, fighting a war.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I wish more people saw it that way. If people could have discipline, follow orders, and not care about their own lives so damn much, we might be able to actually fight a war.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

But the numbeeeerrrrrs! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

I wish more people saw it that way. If people could have discipline, follow orders, and not care about their own lives so damn much, we might be able to actually fight a war.
Isn't basically what happens when you reward people for contesting the objective?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

guys if your in the tech test my name is Scriptwolf im in the EU server and we should try and make a outfit also a tech test is on now!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ghost hacking is always a great tactic, too. Distracts the enemy the first few times, but as time goes on more and more people will just assume someone else is dealing with it. I've very nearly had ghost hacks result in actual captures a few times. Personally I don't see the game as being centered around gaining xp, but actually, well, fighting a war.

You lost me at the part where you rewrite another player's memories in an MMOFPS.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Higby's streaming beta footage

http://www.twitch.tv/las0m

edit: it's over
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:47:39 pm by Microcline »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double post mistake look down I'm enjoying PS2 thought but still rather raw
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:14:38 pm by ScriptWolf »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the first tech test has ended. I have enjoyed my time with it do far but alot needs work, I feel it is slowly getting there though I can't wait till future updates.

Here is the end of test info on what's making a change from the big man him self:

Hey guys! 

It's been a really exciting first week of external testing for us on the dev team.  While this phase of pre-beta is primarily focused on solving technical issues (since it is called a “tech test”, afterall) we've also been having a lot of fun playing the game with you guys, and yes, we notice and are frustrated by a lot of the same issues you are experiencing.

I’ve seen a lot of great feedback and suggestions from you guys here, thank you for taking the time to help us make this game great.  I wanted to talk a bit about some large changes that you'll see coming over the next couple weeks that address some of the non-technical issues that people have brought up quite a few times.  To be clear: this isn't meant to be comprehensively addressing EVERY ISSUE in the game, just some of the big ones that we have confirmed solutions to & which we're working towards.

Base Capture

Currently on beta servers bases have no "secondary objectives", only capture terminals.  We're layering in secondary objectives throughout the facilities that add a bit more flow to the bases.  For instance, with Zurvan we'll be adding friendly passable shields to the vehicle bay doors, with generators which can be disabled in the courtyard, once within the vehicle bay, attackers can destroy the generator powering the main spawn room, forcing defenders to capture an external outpost or repair their generators.  Other secondary objectives like turret generators, vehicle terminal generators, etc will be added to give variation to the various bases.  

Along with this, we're varying the availability to vehicles in the outposts, currently a full array of vehicles is available in most of the secondary outposts in facilities, which discourages people bringing vehicles across the map for battles.  We're going to be limiting the types of vehicles available at these outposts to the lighter vehicles (Quads, Lightnings) in some cases.  We'll also be varying things like availibility of spawners or defensive turrets, and secondary objectives (i.e. a facility shield generator may be at point C, which becomes an important objective for defenders to hold) to give each outpost distinct tactical advantages and disadvantages.

We're currently working on a system which will lock down access to base capture nodes for a certain amount of time after capture also, which should make bases have a more definitive win/loss feel.

There are several flow issues with various outposts that we’ll be addressing as well.

Somewhat related, but deserving of it’s own sub-heading is: BIOLAB.

Man, attacking the Biolab sure isn’t very fun.  Currently the teleports are just camped nonstop.  Our plan has been to add shields to the buildings housing the teleporters that are associated with the owner of the capture point that’s connected to the TP.  I’m not convinced that really solves the problem, so what I think we’re going to do is make multiple spawn rooms up in the biolab dome that are associated with capture points down below, so the infantry fight is a bit more intense up there.  We’ll be trying out a variety of other solutions like using jumppads to get up from the groun to the air vehicle decks. We’ll find something fun that makes these fights less of a camp fest.

Coordination & Communication tools

Much of our coordination tools are fledgling or non-existent in the current build.  We’ll be spending a lot of time in the next couple months making this way better.  Some high level additions that will be coming soon:

1 – better ability for squad leaders to designate targets
2 – ability to distinguish squad members on the minimap
3 – ability to distinguish squad leader on minimap / hud
4 – Platoons
5 – Functional squad browsing
6 – Significantly enhanced availability of slash commands for doing common tasks
7 – Lots of improvements to chat interface, addition of custom channels (with coorisponding voice channels), ability to create multiple windows on the hud, customize fading time, amount, etc.

Map & Minimap enhancements

We’re implementing several features for the map and minimap right now such as:

1 – Minimap will be zoomed out from where it is at, you’ll be able to have some control over zooming
2 -Allowing you to see capture status for bases under contention on the map
3 – Areas with active battles (i.e. hotspots)  will be highlighted
4 – Empire priority target regions will be called out based on things like maintaining resources, denying resources, areas being attacked, etc.
5 – Clamping indicators for squad members, waypoints and capture points to the edge of the minimap

Combat Feel

There are a huge number of changes coming with basic combat feeling.  A lot of it is bug fixing, a lot of it is features that just aren’t ready yet.  Some major changes include:

1 – Aiming “lag” reduction.  If you’ve tried to shoot at a target moving laterally on your screen it’s sometimes difficult to hit them consistently, this has to do with bullets tracking a frame or two behind your aim location.  This is a bug we’re actively addressing.
2 – Being killed feels bad, man.  Not just in a normal way, but in a “the death sequence sucks” way.  Part of this is a timing issue, part of it is animations.  We agree it’s not good, and we’re going to make it better.
3 – Weapon balance is all over the place, TR and VS sniper rifles are great hipfire death cannons is one example, but there are more.  This will be an ongoing effort, but we’ve definitely noticed some egregious issues that will be solved sooner.
4 – Sidegrade weapons. Heck yeah! They exist. These will be sort of an equalizer once we have them in the game, you’ll be able to get weapons that start to feel more like the other empires defaults, and take your empire specific attributes even further.  Looking forward to getting all of these in for you guys to start to play with.

Vehicles

There are a lot of bugs and goofiness with vehicles right now.  Collision damage on friendly players is insane, TTK is really goofy, vehicle pads are death traps 9 times out of 10, and timers on vehicles are a bit too long without any corresponding certifications available.  No secondary weapon options mean that certain roles (notably air cav, vehicle based anti-air) are sorely lacking. These are all things that will be addressed in one way or another in the next 2-3 weeks on beta. 

As I mentioned above, this is by no means a comprehensive list, but more of addressing of major issues that we’ve seen reported and been annoyed with ourselves.  Please keep the feedback coming and keep the discussion constructive. You guys all have a very influential and important role in this phase of development, your feedback and the feedback from your fellow testers is absolutely invaluable to us right now.  We simply cannot build this game into the amazing experience we all know it can and will be without your help, so keep it up.  Thank you!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, these are a few of the current issues. There are a bunch more, but it's pretty good for alpha
Only a simple mind can be certain.

m0nster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an unused Planetside 2 beta key left.
So if somebody still needs one pm me.

done
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:24:48 am by m0nster »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah gutted :(
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 826