Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089406 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Is there, hypothetically, a B12 outfit? And, if so, on which faction would it be?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Realistically, we're going to need at least two outfits. We've had two polls and neither one was decisive. last one was Vanu> NC> TR and the current one is TR> NC> Vanu
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you actually start playing, if you try all three factions, you may find that you prefer a different one than you expected to. I mainly play / test with Vanu and TR, personally.

West 3 is a new server, I believe. If it's stable, it would make more sense to set up there than anywhere else for reasons I cannot currently state due to NDA. (I would definitely be willing to start over there as TR)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Do said mysterious reasons include the fact that it is a new server? :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stuff.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:00:55 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i dont know if its a good or bad sign the fact the server isnt up yet... Thats bad if it already breacking up before the tsunami hits it... lets see the damage once they open the door
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

The priority keys were let in about 3+ hours ago.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have an interesting definition of "let in."

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Wooo, and with still 9 days until uni starts back up even. Uhh... I mean... I can neither confirm nor deny that anything has happened anywhere at anytime.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Realistically, we're going to need at least two outfits. We've had two polls and neither one was decisive. last one was Vanu> NC> TR and the current one is TR> NC> Vanu

I'm not sure if your looking at the same poll as me, as NC is in the lead at the moment.  And I could have sworn NC was in the lead in the last one as well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if your looking at the same poll as me, as NC is in the lead at the moment.  And I could have sworn NC was in the lead in the last one as well.

NC has 4 more votes than TR out of a total of 156 votes right now - not a lot. Consider also that many or most of those people who have voted may not actually even have been invited (if they didn't have a PC Gamer / Twitter / E3 key and didn't get in earlier), and that until you've actually tried all three factions you really won't know which ones you will actually enjoy the most (and that it may change as the beta continues and the experience is refined or improved for the different factions).

If you want to have three outfits, for three factions, that would probably work just fine if enough people from here are in. It might even make arranging testing/experiments easier (if they were on the same server). If there aren't that many in, then the poll is mostly irrelevant anyways.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Changed the poll to cover the question at hand.

Groupings were decided by the local faction popularity. Consider how this could be organized before you hit the vote button.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:52:29 am by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Bloody hell, if I hypothetically was in the beta the servers might or might not theoretically be up at this moment making me supposedly unable to play.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Number of outfits?
« Reply #2068 on: August 25, 2012, 04:55:56 am »

If i were in beta, the download now button would not work.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Number of outfits?
« Reply #2069 on: August 25, 2012, 05:06:18 am »

If I were in the beta I would have experienced the same thing and would tell you to open the planetside2 website and log in to your account and THEN copy-paste the download link in your browser. That may or may not have worked for me.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 826