Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089298 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2610 on: September 11, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

You can only ressuply when alive, with the correct class that can use it, from a ressuply terminal. All three pre-requisite must be fullfilled for now.
Yeah, this has been my experience as well.

Was wondering if anyone knows the codec information for recorded videos in game? I've been videoing blowing myself up with C4 wearing different armour and want to be able to watch back and then edit them before uploading (if they are worth uploading) rather than blindly and slowly uploading them while sitting in game. But they won't open with VLC, which usually opens absolutely anything.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 11, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

So i got the F12 bug, a really awesome dude on EU1 added me while i was eating dinner. I tried relogging but then the button was greyed out.
Not even a new character wants to go on EU1(The next button is greyed out).

By greyed out i mean its there but theres no light in the button, you cant click it, it dosent flash when moused over, etc.
Wait for a while enables it. i think that is their server full thing.
I am actually confident that this is a bug, unless it says "server locked" in red text below your character in the selection window. Normally when you try to join a full server it gives you a message about how the server is full. I usually restart the game if the play button isn't working.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 11, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »

Planetside really knows how to make me feel incompetent.

I havn't hit my stride yet but I always feel like my team's weakest link.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2613 on: September 11, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »

I hit mine pretty quick. I have a lot to learn but my background in military tactics study is helping a ton. I love being a squad leader. It's so much fun.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2614 on: September 11, 2012, 07:52:28 pm »

Whenever you start to feel that way just remember the 200 AFK people standing around soaking up points, the twenty guys perpetually standing around at the warp gate shooting random teammates, the random guys that always seem to shoot more teammates in the back than enemies in battle, the guy who rides in with a lightning and winds up running over a group of 5 teammates before being killed by the two enemies that the 5 teammates were in the process of killing, and the guy who crashes a liberator into a friendly galaxy while it's under fire, destroying it, when it's the only spawn point left in the area.

All of those happened, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Sometimes I think my fellow NC are more dangerous than any TR or VS. The other day I played a bit and died 12 times. Seven of them were from friendly fire.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 11, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

Well, decided to buy the alpha, it might be hype, but I haven't felt this way about a game since what spore was suppose to be.

But if it turned out the same way as spore...

Also, WHY THE HELL DO ALL THE NEW GAMES HAVE SOMEONE USING MY USERNAME!!!!

I can't use my username for anything anymore  :'(

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: September 11, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »

I didn't lknow whether to laugh or cry when I spawned a galaxy at the warp gate, and immediately after taking off someone slams into me in a gunship, spiralling me into the base and exploding.  I had full control for about 1/2 a second of total flight time.  Also, about 1/2 my tanks end up getting stuck in between 2 ditches and unable to move.

_<=]_
hill\`------'/hill
      \   ^  /
           | tank
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2617 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »

You can actually get tanks out of spots like that. You just gotta wiggle them around for a minute.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:58 pm »

Or get someone to ram you. I have, however, gotten them completely stuck trying to go up stairs inside bases before... granted, probably not meant to go there, but hey, it's fun trying and completely pissed off that infiltrator trying to attack the generator.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:12 pm »

Huh, can I not spend my points until open beta begins or something? If I can, how do I link my station account to my planetside character?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »

Downloading now, since finally internet.  Fiber internet like a boss.  Still a MASSIVE download though.  Any advice on a NC recruit going for piloting, MAX, and stealth sniper?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:23 pm »

Downloading now, since finally internet.  Fiber internet like a boss.  Still a MASSIVE download though.  Any advice on a NC recruit going for piloting, MAX, and stealth sniper?

I'd wait and see on the MAX's before committing any CERTs to them. Next update is supposed to include both a cooldown and resource cost to balance out the massive spam of MAXs lately.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: September 11, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »

I'll still go into MAX.  Even if they're once an hour, that'll be worth it to me.

Also seems a shame, 4,582 MB of game, and I'm probably going to use 1/2 of that once I bottom out the graphics and lower the texture detail.  I'm installing more textures than I'll ever use :P

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2623 on: September 11, 2012, 11:27:39 pm »

Well...

Maxes are getting a nerf next patch. They will have a cool down and resource cost, as well as only being able to be gotten through reapply terminals not spawned in.

Stealth is not useful in this game. Snipers are to an extent, but are not that great.

Pilots are always in high demand though. Get good at that and you will always have a role.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: September 11, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

I didn't memorise which Max has what... but you have to STRONGLY consider which weapons you are bringing in with your max.

As well the Max coupled with a engineer (or medic I think) is a powerful team. The Max is OUTRIGHT better then other classes and its downside is that it cannot ride in many vehicles.

Which is intentional.

While you may not see why a max is anything special... when you are blitzed by 5 maxes and notice that there isn't anything you really can do to take them down. You sort of realise their importance in short range combat.

Also unlike most classes the Max is VERY different depending on the team. I have the anti-vehicle max on my team... which I consider the worst max in the game since the toughest bases to take in the game don't even have vehicles.

Unless you unlock new weapons, which I still don't know if you do, you may have trouble with your Max.

---

As for Pilots. Honestly if you are good at flying you have nothing to fear from anti-aircraft weapons. As a tip... I find planes take less damage close to the ground then high in the air.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 826